• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta was right to try and get Auba back scoring, we couldn't just not play him...pretty sure the first start he had after coming back from his time off, was marked with a hattrick against Leeds...he's a gamechanger in his own way when playing well, look at him last year.

If Auba gets his form back soon, then it could save the season.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Willian has played 1600 minutes this season, far less than almost every player we've used. But man like @Trilly gonna blast Arteta cos Willian is his favourite. Trilly posting has gone down hill massively.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Arteta doesn't have favourites.
Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

EApHEEqWwAAObNe.jpg

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Arteta has an incredible air of arrogance and I see no reason for it... since his "view" of the game is too boring, as well as authoritarian and controlling, and his results, poor to very poor.

To be honest I think he's only in office yet because Arsenal's fanbase is known to be weak and undemanding, otherwise he would have already been fired and rightly so. Emery is better than him and Emery isn't even a top manager. Frank... even Frank Lampard was better than him and also a much bigger legend for his club.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Only in your eyes, not mine. Pool have spend a shed load more money and won fewer Cl games, fewer Prem games, had lower Prem finishes, fewer Prem titles, fewer FA Cups, and no invincibles year during the Prem era.
No, mostly in your eyes. Wenger would swap the FA cups and two titles for a CL. Liverpool are flirting with the likes of M’bappe because of their CL exposure and success. All we can do is a loan players half as good and pray. You’re having a laugh. Nobody gives a toss about the Invincibles apart from us.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No, mostly in your eyes. Wenger would swap the FA cups and two titles for a CL. Liverpool are flirting with the likes of M’bappe because of their CL exposure and success. All we can do is a loan players half as good and pray. You’re having a laugh.

Did he actually compare things like that in his post ffs, gets worse every time he posts.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
God knows where we’d be now if we had won the Champions League in 2006. Fairly certain we have added another title or two. But yeah, the FA Cups 🤣

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We've been rotating the wide players and striker all season. The only player who is a nailed on starter is Saka, and rightly so as he's the most consistent. ESR played on the left against Sp**s, and then played against Olympiakos, he was in need of a rest which came against West Ham. Lacazette was in need of a rest so Auba started up front against Olympiakos, again, the correct decision. Auba played on the right against West Ham which was a poor decision but Pepe had just played against Olympiakos. Its just normal rotation, and obviously in the last game against Liverpool both ESR and Saka were out injured so we basically had to play Auba and Pepe out wide. Its also about playing the right players in the right games, for example as someone mentioned above you'd play Auba up front with ESR/Saka/Ödegaard behind him, because he's that sort of striker. But with Laca you can play Pepe.

Who has stayed in the side after a prolonged period of piss poor form? Willian was dropped, Bellerin was dropped, everyone has had a fair crack at getting and staying in the team this season. The only ones to rightly come out of it as nailed on starters when fit are Leno, Tierney, Xhaka, Partey, Saka and Ödegaard. The others have simply been rotated because they're so inconsistent or downright rubbish. Hence why Mikel said he wants 5 new starters.

Its funny you talk about appearances and minutes. Here are the players and their corresponding appearances this season -

Leno - 39
Pepe - 36
Xhaka - 36
Laca - 35
Saka - 35
Tierney - 33 (Somehow despite it feeling like he's been injured most of the season)
Elneny - 32
Ceballos - 32
Auba - 32
Bellerin - 30
Willian - 30
Luiz - 29
Holding - 29
Gabriel - 25
Nketiah - 24
ESR - 23 (Injured for most of the season)
Cedric - 22
Partey - 21 (injured for most of the season)

Now, obviously appearances aren't everything and minutes are very important. But if we're talking about so called "favourites" specifically amongst the attackers that we're talking about. Pepe has played more minutes (2181) than Lacazette (2071). Auba has played 2595 minutes whilst Willian just 1600 minutes. Saka has of course played the most minutes out of our attackers at 2788. Emile Smith Rowe has been in the squad since boxing day and played in every single game since then except against Burnley and Liverpool where he wasn't in the squad. Martinelli came back in the loss against Everton for 19 minutes. He then started against Chelsea and started against Brighton with no goals or assists. He then picked up an ankle injury and tbh I think we've been wrapping him up in cotton wool since then, rightly so. In terms of defenders Gabriel, Luiz and Holding all have around the same minutes and Mari in terms of being available after injury has been rotated just as much, no favourites.

So considering the above, does Arteta have "favourites", well yes. His favourites are Leno, Xhaka, Partey, Tierney, Saka, Ödegaard, ESR and Aubameyang. Are these rightly favourites? I'd say yes, they're our best players and the players that fit Arteta's style the best. Auba has been in poor form, but he's still our best goalscorer, and tbh his minutes are relatively close to Pepe/Laca anyway.

The rest of the players are quite literally being rotated because Arteta doesn't rate them/they don't fit his style or they aren't good enough or consistent enough. And tbh you'd think that was obvious considering how much better we are when Saka, ESR, Tierney etc play over guys like Pepe, Elneny, Ceballos, Bellerin etc.
Yeah OK, if I think more about it, makes sense. But still, Pepe has less than half the minutes of the total in the PL, Martinelli barely played even though he's been fit for months, the same problem he had before the injury. For the rest, I agree, but only because there weren't other options to mess things up like he was able to do with the attack

If you put it on paper, Pepe on full minutes would be on 10 goals now with 10 games to go (he is on 5 with less than half of minutes played, that's for the PL), Martinelli with his form last year would be able to score more than Laca... We are not talking about some bums here you can just throw on the bench as you like, both are 2 highly talented players, and the guys that are playing way more are not really doing that great.

I mean, we can talk all day long, the table can tell if the manager got everything wrong or not.

Usually, when the manager has some questionable stuff going on, he either proves it with results or gets sacked. We can wait for a couple of more weeks to see what happens with the EL, but if he fails to win it, he will definitely need to make some valid excuses for all the crap he did this season

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
God knows where we’d be now if we had won the Champions League in 2006. Fairly certain we have added another title or two. But yeah, the FA Cups 🤣
Probably in the same position as we were always in, we were done by awful long term commercial contracts at that time while other clubs were making a fortune.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Didn't we have a couple of really good attacking performances without Auba, and then he was back as a default starter without any reason for it, switching left, right, and center just so he can play somewhere?

You can't tell me he doesn't have favorites because it's clear as day that certain players get dropped after one bad half while others can have a prolonged period of piss poor form and still get all the minutes. Martinelli was killed after one bad half against United when the whole team was rubbish, I don't even have to talk about Pepe who got benched even when he was in great form, but that stuff doesn't really apply to Auba and Laca, for example.

Sorry mate, can't accept what you're saying, it's simply not true
Yeah but if you long term bench your skipper & most prolific goal scorer after he just signed a bumper contract you are going to get absolute pelters & it will probably affect squad harmony.
He has to try to get auba performing or at least give him every chance otherwise you may have Özil mk 2.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Arteta has an incredible air of arrogance and I see no reason for it... since his "view" of the game is too boring, as well as authoritarian and controlling, and his results, poor to very poor.

To be honest I think he's only in office yet because Arsenal's fanbase is known to be weak and undemanding, otherwise he would have already been fired and rightly so. Emery is better than him and Emery isn't even a top manager. Frank... even Frank Lampard was better than him and also a much bigger legend for his club.
Arteta will imho prove himself to be a very good coach. He has confidence which all top coaches need.

Riou

You can mock the FA Cups all you want Jury-san, but don't you ****ing dare thinking of having a go at my precious Community Shields!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Willian has played 1600 minutes this season, far less than almost every player we've used. But man like @Trilly gonna blast Arteta cos Willian is his favourite. Trilly posting has gone down hill massively.
Do you think people like my posts because they fancy me/think I'm cool/I pay them? No man. I'm clearly not the only one who thinks Arteta has his favourites.

Using WIllian's minutes to try and counter that is just you being wilfully ignorant. We all know how Arteta feels about Willian.

Riou

Seriously though, lets not mock Arsène and big up Klopp...we are Arsenal fans ffs :lol:

Arsène may never have won the European cup, but he still gave us all amazing memories and won a lot of trophies.

And in the same vein, lets all get behind Mikel and the lads for the rest of the season!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Do you think people like my posts because they fancy me/think I'm cool/I pay them? No man. I'm clearly not the only one who thinks Arteta has his favourites.

Using WIllian's minutes to try and counter that is just you being wilfully ignorant. We all know how Arteta feels about Willian.

Sorry what? :lol::lol:

He's played way less minutes than most of our squad, and you still think he's a favourite? Despite being dropped pretty much since Ødegaard came in and ESR became fit? Jesus.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Willian started every game until it became quite clear he was a dud and Arteta could not carry him anymore. He was tried as a CAM, false 9 ( :lol: ), left and right winger. It was his injury and lack of form that forced Arteta to bring in ESR into play, which in turn made the club go after a #10 in the winter window.

But yeah, he's not a favorite who Arteta championed Edu for 🤷

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Sorry what? :lol::lol:

He's played way less minutes than most of our squad, and you still think he's a favourite? Despite being dropped pretty much since Ödegaard came in and ESR became fit? Jesus.
Willlian had to stink the place up like nobody ever has just to get dropped. It got to the point where the media were starting to question why he kept getting starts before he got dropped. The guy had something ridiculous like 2 shots on target in twenty appearances before Arteta finally gave up on him.

Even now, all he has to do is not play terribly in one of his cameos and he seems to back in at the expense of others who are playing better than him. That's before I get into the more difficult to prove stuff like how Arteta specifically recruited him, his lack of punishment for the Dubai fiasco, and how there seems to be a pattern of Arteta trying to force the signing into a success by selectively subbing him into easy games.

You're not stupid, stop acting it.

Top Bottom