• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

For those of us who try to keep alive a flicker of optimism, that game was a killer.
See, if you've been rocking with Arteta the whole time I personally don't understand this.

A- It's Liverpool, a weaker one - but they have Jota who's on fire
B- We're still in Europa - the main thing that matters really
C- Key personnel were missing, is that a true reflection of the side? not really

To me Arteta is wack, so he basically gets a free pass from me he can do what he likes and I've had this mindset for months.

If you rate Arteta though, there's plenty of reasons to not take that result to heart in my opinion.

GDeep™

League is very weak
See, if you've been rocking with Arteta the whole time I personally don't understand this.

C- Key personnel were missing, is that a true reflection of the side? not really

To me Arteta is wack, so he basically gets a free pass from me he can do what he likes and I've had this mindset for months.

If you rate Arteta though, there's plenty of reasons to not take that result to heart in my opinion.
Nah if you rate Arteta that game was bad. At home, no pressure, two donkeys at the back for Liverpool and we didn’t even get out of our half.

The team that started on Saturday will be the bulk of the team that’s starting next season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Also, why do we always go back to Wenger when we hit a bad patch? I know why some of you do it, you’ve been proven wrong non stop for the last 3 years and have to somehow still pull up the old guy but it’s boring now.

Since Wenger has left we can’t even pass and keep the ball. All those years me insulting Stoke and we’re just a multicultural Stoke.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It is more the manner of the defeat that was so depressing. In most other big games we've been solid and competitive. This game we just rolled over. It was most unsettling, especially considering the form they were in. I genuinely believed we would put up a decent show, but it was ghastly.

Obviously Europa matters the most, and every team can have an off-day, but it was horrible.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The team that started on Saturday will be the bulk of the team that’s starting next season.
That front 3 won't be starting next season, I'd be surprised.
Ødegaard, Ceballos aren't our players
Chambers is in limbo

It's really only Leno, Holding, Tierney and Partey starting next season really.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Merson is a dimwit, but that Liverpool loss was dreadful. We were totally outplayed. For those of us who try to keep alive a flicker of optimism, that game was a killer.

The idea of judging something on one game is very stupid, but at the same time you could watch any random game of Fergie's Utd, Wenger's Arsenal, Klopp's Liverpool, whoever, and they might have lost or not had a great game, but they'd have never played like that against Liverpool, they'd had never completely capitulated and surrendered any intention to score.

So it is stupid to judge one game, but when one game is as pathetic as that one, it starts to be a basis for judgement.

Iceman10

Established Member
The idea of judging something on one game is very stupid, but at the same time you could watch any random game of Fergie's Utd, Wenger's Arsenal, Klopp's Liverpool, whoever, and they might have lost or not had a great game, but they'd have never played like that against Liverpool, they'd had never completely capitulated and surrendered any intention to score.

So it is stupid to judge one game, but when one game is as pathetic as that one, it starts to be a basis for judgement.

Knew the international break excuse would come up sometime, esp. with other odd results that weekend, but none of that excuses persisting with Auba out wide and playing Chambers instead of Cedric. Both cases showed no learning and stubbornness after the WHU game, and doubly worse against Liverpool who press with their full backs. Said it before the match that Chambers should be avoided, play Cedric instead. Crosses against WHU did not make up for being found wanting early on where defensive weaknesses were exposed. I don’t know if Arteta is just trying to work on sale value of Chambers, but this sudden liking for using squad depth for full back positions also makes a mockery of his prior marginalisation of AMN.

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
Lol, you're acting like Liverpool are the pinnacle of achievements. :lol:

They've only won the EPL once in 30 years. Wenger won it 3 times and 7 FA Cups and got to a CL final. But most difficult of all to beat is the invincible's year. Liverpool will never manage that in the next century. They've had their day in the sun.

You're supporting the wrong club bro.
Liverpool are literally playing with no centre backs and are still ahead of Arsenal.If they had Van Dijk fit then they would have easily been in the top 4.
I really don't understand how people believe one window suddenly gets a manager what he wants and needs? Unless you're City or Chelsea and can throw oil money at people.

Put it this way, we are currently 9 points behind Chelsea in 4th, if we finish 9 points or less behind 4th then its completely acceptable to allow the manager the summer window to make up those 9 points.

In the grand scheme of things 9 points is a 3 game swing, something we couldve comfortably managed this season without individual errors and maybe with some more quality in attacking areas over the entire season.
i feel it doesn’t matter

We can also judge the first half of the season especially when arsenal played villa at home

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
There's no point trying to defend the Liverpool game, performance even more than result.

Arteta messed up badly there. I'm not going to go for this throat over it but there's no reason to try and make excuses for it either.

He dropped the ball there massively. The players individual performances didn't help matters either.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If it is, do you promise not to throw another epic hissy fit and demand thread bans and maybe even your own ‘mIkEl iS ****’ thread like you did when you totally lost it on some weird power trip in the Özil thread? Or is the relentless negativity and cross-thread rage fair game now?
If you want to have a Mikel appreciation thread then feel free. That’s all I wanted for Özil, you guys were spamming the thread with negativity when his fans just wanted to appreciate the player we had.

If you want similar for Arteta then fair enough, I’m not a hypocrite, although I’m not sure what you’d want to appreciate.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I wonder if he'll finally show some honour & fall on his sword to rid us of his miserable existence.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom