• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Stop being silly you silly silly lad.

I'm not, Europa League is a burden we don't need, we should be able to afford our targets without it and with with player sales. Go full focus on the league with the Hale End boys, make them superstars.

Kind regards,

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm not, Europa League is a burden we don't need, we should be able to afford our targets without it and with with player sales. Go full focus on the league with the Hale End boys, make them superstars.

Kind regards,
Dear OnlyOne,

While I do respect your assessment I must vehemently disagree. European football, particularly the group stages provides much needed game time for the young prospects who may not necessarily be ready for the PL.

In terms of finances, a successful Europa league run can earn the club around 40m in terms of gate receipts and prize money, an amount I’m sure you can appreciate is far from immaterial. I strongly recommend you reconsider your views on this matter or man shall be forced to run up in your yard with the big hand ting.

Best wishes,

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Dear OnlyOne,

While I do respect your assessment I must vehemently disagree. European football, particularly the group stages provides much needed game time for the young prospects who may not necessarily be ready for the PL.

In terms of finances, a successful Europa league run can earn the club around 40m in terms of gate receipts and prize money, an amount I’m sure you can appreciate is far from immaterial. I strongly recommend you reconsider your views on this matter or man shall be forced to run up in your yard with the big hand ting.

Best wishes,

Can't agree with any of this. Think we finish 8th anyway regardless of opinion and I am excited for the prospect of just being in the league.

Regards,

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Jokes aside ive grown used to watching my team play twice a week for the majority of the season.

If we miss out on Europe completely we need to have an excellent PL season to make up for it.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Jokes aside ive grown used to watching my team play twice a week for the majority of the season.

If we miss out on Europe completely we need to have an excellent PL season to make up for it.

Just feels like "I rather we don't play in the EL" is the new "I rather we don't qualify for the CL".

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Just feels like "I rather we don't play in the EL" is the new "I rather we don't qualify for the CL".

First time I've ever said it. Just my feeling for next season under Michael, he can't handle two comps.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Why’s Willian being focused on at this point of the season?

The likes of me and @GDeep™ knew he was a washed up bum from early doors whilst ***** like @HairSprayGooners were praising the signing, it was if we signed a prime Kaka the way some were acting.

I remember a lot fans on here and Twitter were thinking that Arteta was going to unlock some hidden potential in Willian at the age of 32 and play him in the number 10 role.

:lol::lol:

Iceman10

Established Member
Dear OnlyOne,

Best wishes,

Your argument about extra games as opportunity for fringe and youth players is probably the clincher. There is a good chance 7th place in PL will get EL for next season, but I definitely wouldn't feel good witb any further step down, into that new third tier European competition.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Your argument about extra games as opportunity for fringe and youth players is probably the clincher. There is a good chance 7th place in PL will get EL for next season, but I definitely wouldn't feel good witb any further step down, into that new third tier European competition.
Yeah being in the Europa conference league would be so embarrassing. The worst part is that winning it only gives you access to the EL. Horrible.

mirrorstare

UECL is where is at, easy European glory for Mikel to leave a true mark on this club before moving on to the top clubs and waste tons of money

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Absolute load of tosh. The only thing that people were against was the 3 year deal, and that's the only way we couldve got him. As a player and coming off the season he had for Chelsea nobody can deny it was a good addition to the squad. End of story bro, look at the season he had for Chelsea and tell me its a **** signing at the time. You cant.

As for Cedric it's different to the players you mentioned due to Cedric being a competent backup at full back. Mustafi isn't a competent anything.

Let's be real you'll just say anything to bash Arteta and the club because you have an agenda. Why not just chill out, support the club, stop being a poo bag.
Willian on a 3 year deal was ridiculous. Whatever way you want to look at it having a 32 year old who was past his best and handing him a very big contract was wrong. A lot of fans on here thought it was wrong. The majority said 2 years acceptable 3 no.

So if people were saying it was wrong based on 3 years then it means they were saying the deal was wrong. Simple.

Willian deal has been a terrible deal. People called it before. When nobody else in world football offers a 32 year old a 3 year contract there's a reason. He basically left the club that made him because they only offered him a 2 year deal for a rival for 3. If that doesn't tell you all about the man I don't know what does.

This isn't hindsight. This was called the minute it was talked about in summer. It was a wrong decision and it's simple as that. It's been proven.

Cedric at 29 I don't have so much of a problem with. He has 2 or 3 years left of decent football and isn't on 150-200k a week.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
The assist thing is silly, tbh. Yeah, KT did a lot of the work for one of them, as did Auba... but Lacazette made his last goal and it was a simple pass from Nico. If you're counting one, you have to count the others imo.

What bugs me with Willian is he doesn't really pass the eye test. He's had two games where he looked the part, Fullham and Leicester, but those were the exceptions to the rule of him being mediocre at best..

They way he's been playing is just not what the team needs, he doesn't run, is not really taking on players... Big L for the club.
I agree he has been poor. Every club makes signings that turn out disappointing tho. Look at the Alexis Man U got on 350k a week compared to the one we saw here! Willian has been poor but still produced way more than Özil did in his last 18 months.
Agree + you should post more often! Member since 2004 and <100 posts. Just pulling your leg! 😉
Thanks that's very kind of you to say.
tbh i find the quality of debate & posting on here pretty disappointing. Far too many shouty reactionary types and unfortunately not enough considered opinion imho. Its a shame as it is the biggest Arsenal forum. I know there are some very good & thoughtful posters but they seem to be a minority.
I know the nature of the social media beast is that people like to vent & offload & there is nothing wrong with passion but the bar seems to get lower. Some of the hate directed at both players & managers is embarrassing from our 'supporters'
I take a look at other club sites and while they all have lots of low brow stuff i find this site worse than most tbh.
Perhaps i expect too much from Arsenal fans? I just want us to be better and behave with decency & class.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Biggest game of his Arsenal stint tomorrow?

Chance to close the gap on Sp**s and Everton whilst Leeds and Villa are ready to pounce.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom