• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Woah. This is news to me, I always thought the Willian deal was near enough universally not wanted by our fanbase. Even opposition fans were in unison at how bad a deal it was going to be. Only dissenting voices seemed to be from Chelsea fans that had a soft spot for him because he'd been at the club for 7 years.

Even without the figures involved I've always seen Willian as a nothing player. He's had a number of terrible, terrible joke seasons for Chelsea and even his "best" seasons haven't been all that to write home about.
I agree he has been poor.
He has never been a spectacular player that stood out but with the greatest respect you do not earn 70 caps for Brazil especially as an attacker with all their talent & spend years at Chelsea in one of their most successful periods if you are nothing. 🥱

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Tuchel guiding Chelsea to the Champions League semis, 4th spot and the FA Cup final whilst Arteta is crossing his fingers hoping for a miracle in the Europa League.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why’s Willian being focused on at this point of the season?

The likes of me and @GDeep™ knew he was a washed up bum from early doors whilst ***** like @HairSprayGooners were praising the signing, it was if we signed a prime Kaka the way some were acting.

I remember a lot fans on here and Twitter were thinking that Arteta was going to unlock some hidden potential in Willian at the age of 32 and play him in the number 10 role.

:lol::lol:

You cant have known he was a washed up bum based on his last season. I mean if you did then it shows how terrible your football knowledge is.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If I was Arteta, I probably would have signed Willian on a free too tbh...depending on his wage.

Willian was pretty good for Chelsea last season, that player would have been a fine player to have in the squad...a squad that at the time didn't have Ødegaard, was trying to get Özil to leave and had ESR/Gabby injured for quite a while.

The issue was how many matches he started, after Fulham he was poor for what felt like a whole season before Arteta dropped him, that's where Mikel ****ed up.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If I was Arteta, I probably woudl have signed Willian on a free too tbh...depending on his wage.

Willian was pretty good for Chelsea last season, that player would have been a fine player to have in the squad...a squad that at the time didn't have Ödegaard, was trying to get Özil to leave and had ESR injured.

The issue was how many matches he started, after Fulham he was poor for what felt like a whole season before Arteta dropped him, that's where Mikel ****ed up.
He’s not free though. You pay a sign on fee, you pay a wage and you give a 3 year contract. That’s a massive outlay for a washed up player, from a club with financial issues.

The only positive here is that Arteta and Edu will now be reluctant to sign old trash again from rival clubs looking for a retirement home.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If I was Arteta, I probably woudl have signed Willian on a free too tbh...depending on his wage.

Willian was pretty good for Chelsea last season, that player would have been a fine player to have in the squad...a squad that at the time didn't have Ödegaard, was trying to get Özil to leave and had ESR/Gabby injured.

Nobody is complaining so much about the free transfer. Its the number of years we have to pay him a guaranteed salary way above the salary a squad player should get.

Plus as I said above. The club that makes you the household name. The club you spent something like 7 years with. The club you had the best season ever supposedly with the year before. The club that is signing top players and playing in the CL and really wants to kick on with you part of the project offers you a 2 year deal and you give all that up to sign for a rival who is mid table going nowhere fast and playing Thursday night football for 1 extra years contract. If I'm Arteta and Arsenal that tells me all I need to know about the man.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
polarizing manager but like it or not he's here to stay for awhile , the dynasty is on its way brace yourselves lads
He won't be here to stay if he gets dumped out by Emery and finishes 10th. He may unjustifiably get another few months next season but I dare say unless he is sitting pretty in the top 4/5 next season from the get go he will be given his marching orders.

This is an Arsenal project. Not an Arteta project. And if the coach isn't helping to progress that project by getting wins then the project is destined for failure.

Riou

Nobody is complaining so much about the free transfer. Its the number of years we have to pay him a guaranteed salary way above the salary a squad player should get.

Plus as I said above. The club that makes you the household name. The club you spent something like 7 years with. The club you had the best season ever supposedly with the year before. The club that is signing top players and playing in the CL and really wants to kick on with you part of the project offers you a 2 year deal and you give all that up to sign for a rival who is mid table going nowhere fast and playing Thursday night football for 1 extra years contract. If I'm Arteta and Arsenal that tells me all I need to know about the man.

I didn't say people were complaining about the free transfer, I said this is what I would have done.

Play for Don Arteta, or play for Fat Frank...easy choice, imo!

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I didn't say people were complaining about the free transfer, I said this is what I would have done.

Play for Don Arteta, or play for Fat Frank...easy choice, imo!
But that was "depending on his wage".

You are telling me that if you were in charge at Arsenal you offer Willian the equivalent of 200k a week for 3 years?

Willian is not at Arsenal for Arteta. He's there for the money and the financial rewards. I could ask my dog why Willian rejects a 2 year deal at Chelsea and signs a 3 year deal with us and it would bark the right answer fs.

Does that not tell you something about his character?

Iceman10

Established Member
If I was Arteta, I probably would have signed Willian on a free too tbh...depending on his wage.

Willian was pretty good for Chelsea last season, that player would have been a fine player to have in the squad...a squad that at the time didn't have Ödegaard, was trying to get Özil to leave and had ESR/Gabby injured for quite a while.

It's ok to acknowledge mistakes as mistakes. They happen.

Riou

But that was "depending on his wage".

You are telling me that if you were in charge at Arsenal you offer Willian the equivalent of 200k a week for 3 years?

Willian is not at Arsenal for Arteta. He's there for the money and the financial rewards. I could ask my dog why Willian rejects a 2 year deal at Chelsea and signs a 3 year deal with us and it would bark the right answer fs.

Does that not tell you something about his character?

If Willian said to me "200k and not a penny less!" , I would have replied with a Jim Cornette style "Thank you, **** you, bye!"

Never would have signed him for that :lol:

Didn't really mind him rejecting Chelsea for us though.

Riou

It's ok to acknowledge mistakes as mistakes. They happen.

Massive mistake by the club, hate that **** now...everytime he plays for us I want to throw something at my tv!

But if I was manager of Arsenal and Willian said he wanted to sign for us (on a acceptable wage) I would have done it too, that was my point...if he really is on 200k a week, I hope it's being taken out of Arteta's and Edu's salary ffs :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom