• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Didn't really mind him rejecting Chelsea for us though.
And you weren't suspicious of why he'd do that? If i was a footballer with real ambition still left in me, i wouldn't turn down Chelsea for us even under Lampard. In fact i wouldn't turn down the Chelsea flower show for Arsenal, ffs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
And you weren't suspicious of why he'd do that? If i was a footballer with real ambition still left in me, i wouldn't turn down Chelsea for us even under Lampard. In fact i wouldn't turn down the Chelsea flower show for Arsenal, ffs.

But with this sort of logic, we would never have signed Partey either...as he also left a Champions League club to play for us.

I am sure money played a part, like it did with Thomas...but it doesn't mean a player will always be a poor signing.

But as I said, Willian was an error...and if he is on the amount of money people say, then that's terrible by the club.

But if he was prepared to accept a 2 year deal on a decent wage, I would have done it as the manger...as I would feel he would be a very useful squad player.

I agree with G though that we need to stop signing older players from other Premiership clubs for a bit, it's affecting our reputation quite badly now.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

People just looking at his stats. I watched every Chelsea game after lockdown, guy was a cross merchant and taking penalties, little else.

Remember watching him smoke Pep to give Pool the title. Guy was playing like Neymar.

I’d always thought he was mad overrated but last season he was probably their best player by a handy margin.

I backed the signing but should have known he’d be packing it in after our contract. Never sign an attacking player over the age of 30 unless he’s Messi or Ronaldo.

rich 1990

But with this sort of logic, we would never have signed Partey either...as he also left a Champions League club to play for us.

I am sure money played a part, like it did with Thomas...but it doesn't mean a player will always be a poor signing.

But as I said, Willian was an error...and if he is on the amount of money people say, then that's terrible by the club.

But if he was prepared to accept a 2 year deal on a decent wage, I would have done it as the manger...as I would feel he would be a very useful squad player.

I agree with G though that we need to stop signing older players from other Premiership clubs for a bit, it's affecting our reputation quite badly now.
It's not like Partey at all. Partey is 5 years younger for one. This was Willian's last big contract. There was absolutely no motivation for him to do well.

Riou

It's not like Partey at all. Partey is 5 years younger for one. This was Willian's last big contract. There was absolutely no motivation for him to do well.

That's why I would only have taken him on a reduced wage, I wouldn't have wanted him if he was demanding a high salary.

rich 1990

That's why I would only have taken him on a reduced wage, I wouldn't have wanted him if he was demanding a high salary.
The wages aren't the problem and never was. It's the contract length that should have seen this as a non starter. 3 years even if he had something left in the tank is still outrageous.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

You cant have known he was a washed up bum based on his last season. I mean if you did then it shows how terrible your football knowledge is.

Hmm I took a quick look at the original Willian signing thread and it's interesting.

So really you have to split it up to before we signed Willian and after. I'll focus more on before he signed; these are the true opinions as they aren't/weren't clouded by bias.

Before we signed him the majority didn't want him. To be honest quite a few thought he was on the decline or would be a bum signing given ability; chief of these opinions; @Hunta @Tir Na Nog @GDeep™ though GDeep wavered on one post but on the whole was threatening to blow up the world if we signed him lol.

@say yes also wasn't happy but didn't think he was rubbish per say, but not good either.

@hydrofluoric acid came in later but clowned the signing too (he thought it would've been stupid).

Interestingly HairSpray you actually weren't too hot for the signing because of the length of the contract. It's only after we signed him that you became more positive so atleast your heart is in the right place.

A lot of people didn't necessarily think he'd be bad in the first year but worried about his age and didn't think it was worth it on three years. Then a few were sort of lukewarm.

But I'd definitely say that only the minority were happy.

Edit: @rich 1990 Thought it would be a terrible and stupid signing.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

@GDeep™ has been pretty spot on tbf.

Willian, Luiz, Mari, Cedric, Raul being a conman...

The list goes on

Yep, he might come out with controversial stuff but he's been spot on with quite a few of our duds.

I didn't include you above as you didn't comment much in the Willian thread but you actually mentioned that he'd be a poor signing.

Riou

Some of the posts at the start of the Willian thread are funny at least :lol:

Did seem to be a decent amount of hope that he would be good for us.

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yep, he might come out with controversial stuff but he's been spot on with quite a few of our duds.

I didn't include you above as you didn't comment much in the Willian thread but you actually mentioned that he'd be a poor signing.

Willian was quite an obvious one tbf.

His main goal was to stay in London that alone is a major red flag.

Three in a row with Cech, Luiz and Willian. I’ve got a feeling another washed up bum is coming soon.

Riou

We were Linked with Willy right at the peak of The Bum Squad v The Usual Suspects beef...good times!

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

SIAP. What I've basically been saying since November.

Yeah, given the board's stance it's not that much of a surprise.

I think the only scenario that Arteta might've left is if Prague had knocked us out coupled with losing the majority of the rest of our games, this isn't going to happen.

For me personally, well I've got my numerous problems with Arteta, though I suppose if he wins the Europa League then it's a bit unreasonable not to give him next season and I'd have to stop b!tching.

Riou

SIAP. What I've basically been saying since November.

These types of articles are funny, with the fury they will cause on here!

But I dol kinda wish they stopped putting out so many, especially those that are focused on the worst case scenario...makes us seem like a proper loser club tbh :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Does this...but still lets Fat Sam put 5 past him ffs :lol:
Didn’t care and I’m not a Tuchel fan, just taking the piss cause @al-Ustaadh ran into the thread like this after Tuchel had his first loss

warning homer simpson GIF

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Didn’t care and I’m not a Tuchel fan, just taking the piss cause @al-Ustaadh ran into the thread like this after Tuchel had his first loss

warning homer simpson GIF
Tuchel is the new Mourinho/Pep. Can only succeed at clubs that spend big. Why do you think he was ousted at Dortmund?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I’ll be honest and say I don’t know. Like I said I’m not a massive fan, although I would have taken him had we appointed him.
He disagreed on transfer policy. Next stop was PSG. Had all the money in the world and still failed in the CL. Don't think he'd work at Arsenal, but he works at a club like Chelsea.

• Dislike
Reactions: Kav

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He disagreed on transfer policy. Next stop was PSG. Had all the money in the world and still failed in the CL. Don't think he'd work at Arsenal, but he works at a club like Chelsea.

PSG were competing for the CL and he got them to the final whilst we’re battling for 11th. He’s also got Chelsea to the CL semis already.

There are levels to this game.

I was never a Tuchel fan but if you don’t think he’d improve us in the short/long term then you’ve lost it. He’s a massive improvement when compared to our rookie.

Top Bottom