• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
My most hated people associated to Arsenal atm are:

Freddie Ljunburg
Mikels assistant who sleeps in his airpods
Mikel.

In that order.

You need to let go of your hate for Freddie, mate...you will be much happier for it!

He was pretty crap, but that was over a year ago and he was our manager for like 5 mins :lol:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You need to let go of your hate for Freddie, mate...you will be much happier for it!

He was pretty crap, but that was over a year ago and he was our manager for like 5 mins :lol:
I'll never ever forgive him for this line up.

629c22bb91cf8f0490ee2c7faadb0e06.jpg

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Lol Freddie got results that a lot of you Arteta guys would have praised if it were now tbh.

Wasn’t shy about starting Hale End as well, but I’m glad his legacy wasn’t tarnished by this version of Arsenal him leaving was for the best.

Did he heck, can't remember one good game him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Agenda and anger aside I think he’d ruin them but then we’d get to a point where we just have so much quality on the pitch that we we’d start to win games.

Fans would start to believe in him again but it would become clear against other top aides with similar quality that he’s still not that great as a manager.

I don’t know of any top manager out there who hasn’t had to prove themselves first with a lesser team. Only exception is Zidane (and flick?) but what he’s done is amazing.

Even Zidane managed Castilla and Flick managed Hoffenheim for 5 years. There’s almost no precedent for giving a total novice a job and it suceeding.

Most of the time it turns into a disaster like it did with Queiroz at Real, Phelan at Hull and Meulensteen with Fulham.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Easy.

Do what I’m about to do.

Log out.

Come back in October to find out if Arteta has been sacked.

I ain’t wasting no more time on a club which has no ambitions at all or owners that don’t care about the fans/club history. Does watching Arsenal make you happy? Which is a no for a majority of us, then let’s pursue things which make us happy....

Football is an obsession with me, and Arsenal is an addiction. Wish it were so easy to quit it. But I will try, the end of the season usually helps :lol:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is my opinion. Talk about formations and systems is pointless. Talk of the manager is pointless. Only one thing matters. The style of play. I dont care whether Arteta stays or goes. If he messes up he will be gone by December.

What is important is that we build a squad for any manager and we base it on a style of play. Determine how you want to play. Due to our history and status. It has to be possession based, forward thinking, fast, passing football. So you recruit based on that. Build a squad that can play a back 3 or 4. That can play a double pivot or 3. That has a double pivot and single pivot. That has 10s who can play as 8s. That has wide forwards. That has two different profiles at Cf.

Gk: Maignan, Ryan

4 at the back defence:

Cb: Gabriel, Saliba
Cb: Holding, Mari

3 at the back defence:

Saliba/ Holding, Gabriel/ Mari, Tierney

Right back and wing back:

Emerson/ someone young. Osei Tutu?

Left back and wing back:

Tierney, Malacia

Double pivot:

Partey/Mwepu, Rodriguez/Soumare

Single pivot:

Partey or Soumare

Box to box 8s

Buendia/ Mwepu/ Partey/

8s who can play 10

Saka, ESR

Wide forwards on the left:

Martinelli, Auba, Pepe, Saka

Wide forwards on right:

Saka/ Pepe/ Buendia

Cf for hold up: a Giroud type.

Main cf:

Auba/ Martinelli.

2gks, 2rbs, 1 lb, 3cms, 1 Cf.

9 players to make a squad that can play every system. If Arteta cant do anything with them, that's his fault. Obviously the names are interchangeable, but it's all about building a squad for Arsenal. Not Arteta's team.

Gk: Maignan
Rb: Emerson
Cb: Saliba
Cb:Gabriel
Lb: Tierney
Cm: Partey
Cm: Rodriguez
Am: Saka
Rm: Pepe
Lm: Martinelli
Cf: Auba

4 3 3

Dm: Partey
Cm: Mwepu
Cm: Saka
Rw: Pepe
Lw: Martinell
Cf:Auba

I dont care whether Arteta stays. We buy players who can play different systems and we tell him these players need to play.

Pepe, Martinelli, Saliba, Gabriel.

We paid the money for them. Do not marginalise them just to be clever. Play them week in week out. You do not leave £140 million on the bench for the sake of it.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In typical Arsenal fashion he probably still has the last few games to save himself.

Reckon we’ll be part way through the Euros if he is sacked.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Agenda and anger aside I think he’d ruin them but then we’d get to a point where we just have so much quality on the pitch that we we’d start to win games.

Fans would start to believe in him again but it would become clear against other top aides with similar quality that he’s still not that great as a manager.

I don’t know of any top manager out there who hasn’t had to prove themselves first with a lesser team. Only exception is Zidane (and flick?) but what he’s done is amazing.
Don’t think our friendship can handle me tearing into another talented player while you defend them cos they decided to come to this graveyard.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Based on goals conceded, only Man City, Chelsea and Manchester United have conceded less goals than we have. That tells me we have improved as a defensive unit and are hard to beat. We just can't score or create consistently. The table tells you this....View attachment 2837

Mate, teams that are hard to beat don't lose 15 or more games throughout a season.

Top Bottom