• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Papa Wonga

Established Member
How the actual f**k is this guy not sacked? I'm starting to believe what John Cross has been saying now - he's going to be at Arsenal for at least the beginning of next season.

Surely your owners don't believe in this 'project'? It will be interesting to see who he buys if he gets another transfer window. The money spent on Pepe was eye watering but its easy to use hindsight. That guy wouldn't look out of place at Brighton.

Edit: My bad Pepe wasn't an Arteta signing. Feels like he was for some reason.
He was a Let's Call Raul signing.

Stinked of Fraud.

teamsoutheast

So if you don't have bread why do you keep trying to make a sandwich? Surely you adapt to what you do have?
The past two managers have tried to adapt though. I'll give you an example, under Emery we played a 4-2-3-1 but we were poor defensively and conceded too many goals so he tried to move to 3 at the back which provided us with a little more defensive stability but we then lacked a midfield good enough to control games especially in a 2. Arteta did the same. Our midfield was broken and we were not good enough defensively to play 4 at the back so he so he moved to 3 at the back until we had a bit of stability. No manager is going to be able to play the football we want with that midfield. Let's see if he can fix it during the summer.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I still have some hope, he will be sacked after the end of the season, but whateven happens, i will try to support the coach and the team.

But his comments and interviews make this really difficult to me to support him and that something will change under him next season.
He doesn't want to accept the fact, that he is the problem.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The past two managers have tried to adapt though. I'll give you an example, under Emery we played a 4-2-3-1 but we were poor defensively and conceded too many goals so he tried to move to 3 at the back which provided us with a little more defensive stability but we then lacked a midfield good enough to control games especially in a 2. Arteta did the same. Our midfield was broken and we were not good enough defensively to play 4 at the back so he so he moved to 3 at the back until we had a bit of stability. No manager is going to be able to play the football we want with that midfield. Let's see if he can fix it during the summer.
There's absolutely no doubt that the squad is flawed. That said, Arteta has not put the squad in a position to be successful. Alienating Saliba who may already be the best defender at the club was criminal. Waiting as long as he did to give opportunities to ESR was criminal. Letting Martinez go in favor of Burned Leno was criminal. Persisting with Xhaka, especially out of position was criminal. Not getting money for the likes of Willock and AMN so we could either afford reinforcements or afford to keep Martinez only to send them out on loan was criminal. Leaving Martinelli on the bench when he probably saved Arteta's job was criminal. Not disciplining Willian for going AWOL during a pandemic was criminal. How many mistakes should a guy be allowed to make? This squad would be 5th or 6th with a proper manager. The club essentially wrote off the first third of the season by allowing this ***** to get everything wrong in terms of tactics and team selection. Who knows what damage he did continually rushing Partey back from injury to the point that he doesn't look like the same player who arrived here? He's done one thing right all season, which was benching the ghost of PEA in the NLD. Every other thing he could get wrong, he has. It's enough now.

Malky

Established Member
There's absolutely no doubt that the squad is flawed. That said, Arteta has not put the squad in a position to be successful. Alienating Saliba who may already be the best defender at the club was criminal. Waiting as long as he did to give opportunities to ESR was criminal. Letting Martinez go in favor of Burned Leno was criminal. Persisting with Xhaka, especially out of position was criminal. Not getting money for the likes of Willock and AMN so we could either afford reinforcements or afford to keep Martinez only to send them out on loan was criminal. Leaving Martinelli on the bench when he probably saved Arteta's job was criminal. Not disciplining Willian for going AWOL during a pandemic was criminal. How many mistakes should a guy be allowed to make? This squad would be 5th or 6th with a proper manager. The club essentially wrote off the first third of the season by allowing this ***** to get everything wrong in terms of tactics and team selection. Who knows what damage he did continually rushing Partey back from injury to the point that he doesn't look like the same player who arrived here? He's done one thing right all season, which was benching the ghost of PEA in the NLD. Every other thing he could get wrong, he has. It's enough now.
Those issues you’ve listed are sackable enough offences before you add in a mid table finish, getting knocked out the Europa in the manner we did and no Europe next season! Also worth noting that not one single player has improved under Artetas management, none.
Disgraceful and zero ambition if he’s not sacked at the end of the season.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Those issues you’ve listed are sackable enough offences before you add in a mid table finish, getting knocked out the Europa in the manner we did and no Europe next season! Also worth noting that not one single player has improved under Artetas management, none.
Disgraceful and zero ambition if he’s not sacked at the end of the season.
Exactly. We could give him a pass on half a dozen glaring, ridiculous mistakes/failings and he'd still have another half dozen that warrant the sack. What's funny is that I'm actually less upset about 10th place and the exit. Both would have been acceptable to me if they had actually been in service of an actual process. If for example, we played and developed the kids and that was what they could manage then I actually would have no issue with it because it would pay dividends down the line. Establishing a Saliba/Gabriel partnership, getting Martinelli, ESR and Saka accustomed to playing together as integral parts of the attack on a regular basis against PL opposition would have been worth missing out on European football for a year because it would have set us up for bigger things in the years to come. To do it in service of old/garbage players like Luiz, Willian, Holding, Xhaka, Mari and Elnenny is unforgiveable. If you're going to essentially throw away a year then it has to be for a purpose and the only legitimate purpose is blooding in your top class youth so they're ready to carry you forward. What Arteta has done is quite literally the dumbest thing you can do. It has been detrimental to the kids to varying degrees and damaging to the club in the short and long term.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
The words of a loser who’s managing our football club.
He is so cryptic isn't he.

Makes so many execuses. He is responsible to motivate the team and put the right lineup and tactics.

Frankly, he keeps on blaming other circumstances.
He is in a position of responsiblity, but keeps on shifting it to others. Like a recent Plant Manager just hired pointing out things he doesn't like and the risks, but going along with it - only to cover his ass putting it in an email warning the owners who live on another continent.

Take responsiblity. That's why a novice like you is paid 4 million a year. Btw, why did he even deserve that salary when new managers that take their first jobs never even 10% of that? What was the higher up thinking?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Arteta after every defeat.

tenor.gif

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
If we weren’t ready it’s because you injured key players in meaningless games you utter cretin.
Arteta is right that the Villareal-game came at a bad time with Luiz being out,Xhaka injured in the warm-up and Aubameyang and Tierney not but. But it's not like Villareal( who btw were very average) didn't have problems. Capoue and Foyth out,lost their best player to injury early and had a poor second choice GK in goal.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I think we could do with remembering that this bloke has given it everything he's got, fine he's come up short but I think some of the hate here is unnecessary.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Arteta is right that the Villareal-game came at a bad time with Luiz being out,Xhaka injured in the warm-up and Aubameyang and Tierney not but. But it's not like Villareal( who btw were very average) didn't have problems. Capoue and Foyth out,lost their best player to injury early and had a poor second choice GK in goal.

Sure Xhaka was unlucky to get injured in the warm up but he played him 90 minutes against Newcastle. Why play him in a game that literally doesn’t matter three days before the biggest game of the season?

And yeah Villarreal were hammered by injuries ffs. Why’s he always looking for excuses?

Top Bottom