• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Chatting too much BS now. Normally you say a sacking is close, but I’m worried our staff might be on board with him and his recent thoughts.

Guy has no class at all. Don’t think Wenger made this many excuses in 25 years, even after leaving the club. Definitely never threw anyone under the bus.

When the heat is on and pressure is peak, you see the real colours of people, Micky is just so unlikeable here.
His wife lives in LA, he’s on brazzers every night.

Probably a very evil man.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
It’s not the results. He should go because of them but Emery and Wenger were good people.

Mikel is just so unlikeable. I feel like he's never speaking to the fans, it’s always trying to boost his reputation in the media and with pundits.

Blames anything and everything apart from himself. How many times did we hear Wenger and Emery saying it was their fault?
Arteta could very well end up staying even though the majority of the fans want him gone. I actually think he could have kept the support of most of the fan base if:

1. Really trusted and developed the young players instead of giving their minutes to Willian, Ceballos, Elneny etc

2. Made us play attacking, entertaining football in most of our games.

3. Didn`t push for Willian, probably our worst signing ever.

4. As you say, accept some responsibility instead of coming up with crap like the stuff with the amount of crosses and the recent stuff about the rot starting years ago.

5. Lived up to his words about non-negotiables and treated players equally. Willian has been awful, ****ed off to Dubai during lock-down and still has as many minutes as Pepe.

I think most fans realise that any manager would need time to get us back competing and that Arteta in many ways has been dealt a cruel hand but the mentioned reasons above make it impossible for me to trust and support him any longer.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Chatting too much BS now. Normally you say a sacking is close, but I’m worried our staff might be on board with him and his recent thoughts.

Guy has no class at all. Don’t think Wenger made this many excuses in 25 years, even after leaving the club. Definitely never threw anyone under the bus.

When the heat is on and pressure is peak, you see the real colours of people, Micky is just so unlikeable here.
Arteta almost doesn`t deserve to be mentioned in the same post as Wenger. The difference in class and dignity is staggering.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The past two managers have tried to adapt though. I'll give you an example, under Emery we played a 4-2-3-1 but we were poor defensively and conceded too many goals so he tried to move to 3 at the back which provided us with a little more defensive stability but we then lacked a midfield good enough to control games especially in a 2. Arteta did the same. Our midfield was broken and we were not good enough defensively to play 4 at the back so he so he moved to 3 at the back until we had a bit of stability. No manager is going to be able to play the football we want with that midfield. Let's see if he can fix it during the summer.
So play other football. Is it hard to adapt.

Tuchel has went 3 at the back. Has paid dividends.

Remember Conte got of to a shocker with Chelsea. Went 3 at the back. Moses one side Alonso on the other. Arguably 2 very bog standard players. Not title winning. But in the system they performed better than their individual ability.

Listen. Arteta isn't getting 2 50m midfielders to do anything. And nor does he deserve it. If you finish 10th you don't deserve 100m.

Which team in world football finishes 10th and the manager gets rewarded with 100-200m to spend. He spend 50m on Partey. ****e.

72m on Pepe was spent not by Arteta but the club. ****e.

Willian ****e.
Mari ****e.
Soares ****e.
Runnerson ****e.
Ceballos ****e.
Ødegaard has potential but hasn't really improved us.

Are we going to trust a man who has proven he is ****e in every single department of football management with 100m to find 2 players to transform transform team. And tell me this. What 2 50m super talented players are going to come to Arsenal? I'll tell you who? No one.

teamsoutheast

He needs to start by making sure we're a goal threat and try to mould the team in to one with more control, either by developing players or bringing in select new ones. Thats basically what Klopp did, in his first seasons they were dangerous and chaotic only later did he manage to calm them down while retaining their threat up front. When we try to control games we are toothless.
That will come next season. We had no defensive structure when Arteta and Emery came. We could not defend properly and were tactically inept. We look alot better tactically and we have much more structure. We defend better but at the expense of not being able to create and score goals. We need to strike that balance and I believe we will.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I didn't realize he infected Auba with malaria, food poisoned Cedric, clubbed Tierney's knee, and gave Xhaka a stretched hamstring from a figure four leglock all to get Willian on the pitch

Oh, I'm sorry, but who risked KT on a "free hit game" (his words).

Or Laca at another dead rubber at Fulham. Or Xhaka at ANOTHER dead rubber vs Newcastle.

Or tried to force a half fit Partey v Tottenham to try and jump start our bad start to the season.

Sure, Cedric ate some expired Belém pastries, but he was available for selection prior to that in many other games.

No one's talking about Willian and his 200k a week, two years left deal? But if you want to bring that up, be my guest.

I'm resigned to the fact that he'll 90% likely to be here, even though all results and metrics point to him having to be sacked. But at least I'm not the one trying my hardest to make it seem that this mess wasn't of his own making.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Oh, I'm sorry, but who risked KT on a "free hit game" (his words).

Or Laca at another dead rubber at Fulham. Or Xhaka at ANOTHER dead rubber vs Newcastle.

Or tried to force a half fit Partey v Tottenham to try and jump start our bad start to the season.

Sure, Cedric ate some expired Belém pastries, but he was available for selection prior to that in many other games.

No one's talking about Willian and his 200k a week, two years left deal? But if you want to bring that up, be my guest.

I'm resigned to the fact that he'll 90% likely to be here, even though all results and metrics point to him having to be sacked. But at least I'm not the one trying my hardest to make it seem that this mess wasn't of his own making.

So criticizing him for league position is only convenient when it suits your agenda? This does make sense now.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Arteta almost doesn`t deserve to be mentioned in the same post as Wenger. The difference in class and dignity is staggering.
Wenger had class and dignity that he never lost. Arteta has none. Hes a spin doctor. Our situation atm reminds me of the time SAF told everyone that "the history of that football club (Liverpool) has gone" after the Suarez incident

El Duderino

lulw.png

A better visualization of what I was talking about with @Rex Banter

teamsoutheast

So play other football. Is it hard to adapt.

Tuchel has went 3 at the back. Has paid dividends.

Remember Conte got of to a shocker with Chelsea. Went 3 at the back. Moses one side Alonso on the other. Arguably 2 very bog standard players. Not title winning. But in the system they performed better than their individual ability.

Listen. Arteta isn't getting 2 50m midfielders to do anything. And nor does he deserve it. If you finish 10th you don't deserve 100m.

Which team in world football finishes 10th and the manager gets rewarded with 100-200m to spend. He spend 50m on Partey. ****e.

72m on Pepe was spent not by Arteta but the club. ****e.

Willian ****e.
Mari ****e.
Soares ****e.
Runnerson ****e.
Ceballos ****e.
Ødegaard has potential but hasn't really improved us.

Are we going to trust a man who has proven he is ****e in every single department of football management with 100m to find 2 players to transform transform team. And tell me this. What 2 50m super talented players are going to come to Arsenal? I'll tell you who? No one.

Arteta didn't sign Pepe. Mari started off poorly but he's improved over time and he's a decent ball playing CB. Willian is a serial winner and you need that sort of mentality in your squad, fair enough he hasn't been up to the standard but he will have influenced the younger players like Saka and ESR. Soares came in because AMN didn't want to play as a right back which is arguably his best position. Ceballos is OK as a squad player. He's probably our only midfielder we have who links midfield to attack effectively but is just a little lightweight. He's just a loan anyway and was only signed because our first choice (Houssem Aouar) wasn't available. Why don't you mention Matt Ryan who is a solid goalkeeper? You mention Runarsson but the club moved quickly to rectify it with Ryan and I rate him highly.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Nice deflection, Granny Grange.

On the contrary, it was on topic of what you were speaking about. You are critical of league position yet you are criticizing him for playing certain players trying to get league results. It just doesn't compute and unfortunately you don't seem to be grasping it.

El Duderino

On the contrary, it was on topic of what you were speaking about. You are critical of league position yet you are criticizing him for playing certain players trying to get league results. It just doesn't compute and unfortunately you don't seem to be grasping it.

And as usual, you and context are not the best of buddies. What part of "free hit" because our league season was already over, with all of it resting on Europa, keeps flying over you head?

It's almost like we hadn't lost around 10-11 league games before that.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

What in the f*ck is this?

The mentality of a coward who can never own up to his failures.

How has this second-rate journeyman of a footballer ended up being the manager of England's third (and London's biggest) club?

"Part of the solution" my arse, he's the symptom of the current malaise the club's suffering from!

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

And as usual, you and context are not the best of buddies. What part of "free hit" because our league season was already over, with all of it resting on Europa, keeps flying over you head?

It's almost like we hadn't lost around 10-11 league games before that.

So at some point league position mattered but not at some arbitrary point decided by @El Duderino yet league position will still be used to criticize the manager. That's as clear as mud. Thanks.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We arrived not in the best condition? What does that even mean? Is he gonna explain that with some details or just keep it a secret

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

People only now realising that Arteta isn't getting the sack?

Only thing that can change anything is if we have a real disastrous end to the season, I'm talking losing tomorrow and then Chelsea scoring 4 or 5 past us and it might make someone take notice. Even then I'm not too sure. I think the club are pretty clear on their stance.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Man basically said his plan was centred around Xhaka and I have a few problems with that.

1. Xhaka, really?

2. Oh Xhaka gets injured. Are you telling me you really didnt have a plan B?

3. Who the hell builds a game plan around a midfielder playing at LB? What the actual fvck?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom