• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
But what manager is gonna replace him mid season when he fails the starts of the campaign?
Pretty sure there won't be the likes of Tuchel and Poch waiting for a job, and the majority of managers won't leave their current jobs to join Arsenal mid-season, they'll ask to wait till the end of the season.

*sigh*
We're going to miss out on Allegri. I bet he'll go to Spuds

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Arteta didn't sign Pepe. Mari started off poorly but he's improved over time and he's a decent ball playing CB. Willian is a serial winner and you need that sort of mentality in your squad, fair enough he hasn't been up to the standard but he will have influenced the younger players like Saka and ESR. Soares came in because AMN didn't want to play as a right back which is arguably his best position. Ceballos is OK as a squad player. He's probably our only midfielder we have who links midfield to attack effectively but is just a little lightweight. He's just a loan anyway and was only signed because our first choice (Houssem Aouar) wasn't available. Why don't you mention Matt Ryan who is a solid goalkeeper? You mention Runarsson but the club moved quickly to rectify it with Ryan and I rate him highly.
I forgot Ryan in my rant. He has been solid. And I would sign him permanently as number 2.

Arteta says he needs his own squad. He has signed about 6/7 players and none of them have improved the team nor results.

Tell me this. Just say somehow Mikel has 100m to spend on 3 players in the summer to improve the starting 11. Who do you buy? Give me realistic players who will come in and improve the starting 11.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Man basically said his plan was centred around Xhaka and I have a few problems with that.

1. Xhaka, really?

2. Oh Xhaka gets injured. Are you telling me you really didnt have a plan B?

3. Who the hell builds a game plan around a midfielder playing at LB? What the actual fvck?
Same man that said his gameplan was ruined because we went 1 0 down after 4 minutes lol.

In the first leg of the EL semi against Atletico a few years ago when they played the whole game against 10 men and they got a draw. I remember Simeone said his team had prepared for every situation. Even playing a big part of the game with 10 men. He probably didn't expect it to be about 80 mins but shows how good coaches prepare for the worst.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
That will come next season. We had no defensive structure when Arteta and Emery came. We could not defend properly and were tactically inept. We look alot better tactically and we have much more structure. We defend better but at the expense of not being able to create and score goals. We need to strike that balance and I believe we will.
I voted to keep him and I agree he's implemented good things in terms of structure, where I disagree is with the idea that we should start from the idea of control. The back 6 is well organised when we have our two first choice cms fit, thats enough, the forwards and particularly those instinctive forwards like Pepe and Martinelli need to be let loose more. I think if he doesn't start to let our forwards express themselves more he should and will be sacked. He needs to play to our strengths in that department more, after all there are very few forwards/midfielders in the world that are comfortable maintaining control and an attacking threat the way city do, we need to build towards that. I think it's important we stay away from ødegaard as well.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
So at some point league position mattered but not at some arbitrary point decided by @El Duderino yet league position will still be used to criticize the manager. That's as clear as mud. Thanks.

So, being porpusely dense and missing the point, ignoring all his very objectively questionable decisions, so as to deflect any culpability is what Arteta actually deserves, as decided by bootlicking Grange and only sidekick standing, Mr. Southwest.

That's as clear as the shine you put on Arteta's boots, thanks!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We should be sacking Edu and bringing in Luis Campos. this is a guy who has orchestrated two titles wins at Monaco and Lille. He's out of a job, apparently wants to wrk in England.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

E04xoNuXIAcEBGG

This fanbase lapped this nonsense up. Celebrating a ****ing diagram ffs. :lol:

GoonerJay24

I can understand him not getting sacked mid season as that's not the Arsenal, unless under specific circumstances. But he needs to leave in the summer otherwise we're just prolonging this mediocrity.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Arteta didn't sign Pepe. Mari started off poorly but he's improved over time and he's a decent ball playing CB. Willian is a serial winner and you need that sort of mentality in your squad, fair enough he hasn't been up to the standard but he will have influenced the younger players like Saka and ESR. Soares came in because AMN didn't want to play as a right back which is arguably his best position. Ceballos is OK as a squad player. He's probably our only midfielder we have who links midfield to attack effectively but is just a little lightweight. He's just a loan anyway and was only signed because our first choice (Houssem Aouar) wasn't available. Why don't you mention Matt Ryan who is a solid goalkeeper? You mention Runarsson but the club moved quickly to rectify it with Ryan and I rate him highly.
I commend your optimism and wish I could share it. Pepe has been better since Christmas but always seemed to get dropped and then tried too hard in the next game. Mari did start poorly, had some good moments but has limitations that affects the way we play. He's not a long term solution. Willian is only here for the location and contract and is in mourning for Chelsea. He can barely speak English so doubtful he's doing anything other than anger Pepe and Nelson. AMN didn't want to play RB? That much was clear before the season started. Arteta failed to bully him and then banished him. 4 years for Cedric? Terrible. Ceballos is not OK as a squad player. Those minutes could have been given to a couple of our young players to build them for the future. He eventually cost us the EL. Aouar was available. It's just that we tried to be cheap, messed around and he pulled out. Ryan I agree appears to be a solid GK, but we sold Emi for peanuts in favour of Leno who has been poor and now wants out. Runarsson is a £40k per week mistake. That's £60k per month more than Özil was costing by not playing! The failure to develop a single youth player and the poverty of performance all over the pitch is down to Arteta. I won't go on about his man management, the pay cut and the leaks but he's not right for us and we must cut our losses as soon as we play our last game. I don't doubt that he's given his best but we are not a training college and without £300m per season, I'm sure he'll fail here.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Is Campos available? I thought he was going to a place like Madrid or something.

This could be us, but we chose to sign Edu and his pal Kia.

I mean I haven't heard him getting a new job, I just looked, seems like he's available.

Like ideally you'd sack Arteta, Edu and get new owners, but that isn't happening. If they're not gonna sack Arteta, sack someone ffs. If they think they need better players, then hire a person who can get better players. Another few years of bum recruitment from Edu and we'll be in the Championship.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
1 = Bad.

2. Fine.

3. Really good.

Our signings since Arteta arrived:

Mari

Has been generally fine but has he made any real difference in the grand scheme of things? Not really. 2

Cedric

See Mari. 2

Ceballos (extended loan)

A massive disappointment. Will not be missed. 1

Gabriel

Im happy with him. Not a perfect debut season and its telling that he wasnt picked for the game against Villareal. But during the circumstances i think he has been fine and look forward to see him next season. 2

Willian

Disgusting. 1

Partey

Hasnt been as great as we expected but thats not only his fault. Certainly hasnt been bad. Expect more next season. 2

Runarsson

See Willian. 1

Ryan

Solid overall. 2

Ødegaard

A while ago it was a 3 but now? Has been disappointing lately. 2

Thoughts?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I mean I haven't heard him getting a new job, I just looked, seems like he's available.

Like ideally you'd sack Arteta, Edu and get new owners, but that isn't happening. If they're not gonna sack Arteta, sack someone ffs. If they think they need better players, then hire a person who can get better players. Another few years of bum recruitment from Edu and we'll be in the Championship.

Vinai is immortal, by the looks of it. Dude survived so many bad decisions by the club.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
People only now realising that Arteta isn't getting the sack?

Only thing that can change anything is if we have a real disastrous end to the season, I'm talking losing tomorrow and then Chelsea scoring 4 or 5 past us and it might make someone take notice. Even then I'm not too sure. I think the club are pretty clear on their stance.
Why do you think they are backing him more than they backed Wenger/Emery? Doesn't make sense to me at all honestly. Lack of ambition? But they sacked Wenger and Emery for better results. Arteta is a yes man? But it's not like Wenger and Emery are confrontational managers either. The only reasonable explanation for me is Arteta was a 100% Josh's pick, and Josh is too proud to admit his incompetence, so now he's gonna try to make it work at any cost to not look like a fool.

Last edited:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
So, being porpusely dense and missing the point, ignoring all his very objectively questionable decisions, so as to deflect any culpability is what Arteta actually deserves, as decided by bootlicking Grange and only sidekick standing, Mr. Southwest.

That's as clear as the shine you put on Arteta's boots, thanks!

This is what I expected from you so I'm glad you reverted back to form.

Top Bottom