• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Will be interesting to see whether this high energy pressure football can last for multiple seasons in a row. Could be possible that this kind of football takes a huge physical toll on players.

Liverpool really struggled last season, and it seems like players like Mane are regressing a lot sooner, you start to wonder if this heavy metal football of Klopp for 3 years has taken its toll on his players.
There was an article somewhere before last season even had begun. Predicting confidently that Liverpool would have a big drop in performance. That they wouldn't be able to play with same intensity, injuries would hit them etc.

I thought it was a load of bollocks but it turned out exactly like they said. I'm quite sure they suggested Liverpool were using PED's as well though :lol:. Which is why I didn't take it seriously.

mirrorstare

It's hard to see Pool last season as a trend, the crisis at the back was just so obvious and Thiago had a really poor first season. Sure the likes of Mane and the fullbacks didn't have a great season either, but under COVID everyone was running on fumes so it's also hard to see it as something specific to Liverpool and Klopp's style.

With Jota providing an option for whenever Firmino or Mane fail to contribute, VDV coming back and Henderson taking back his spot on the midfield I'm sure they'll be fine.

scytheavatar

Established Member
It's hard to see Pool last season as a trend, the crisis at the back was just so obvious and Thiago had a really poor first season. Sure the likes of Mane and the fullbacks didn't have a great season either, but under COVID everyone was running on fumes so it's also hard to see it as something specific to Liverpool and Klopp's style.

With Jota providing an option for whenever Firmino or Mane fail to contribute, VDV coming back and Henderson taking back his spot on the midfield I'm sure they'll be fine.

What you saw with Liverpool is the exact same thing that happened to Klopp in Dortmund, or all the Mourinho teams ......... if you squeeze everything out of your players you will eventually reach a point when they burn out and you can no longer squeeze anymore out of them. Which is why I laugh at those who praise Arteta for changing the culture of the club, these people don't seem to realize Arteta is going to burn out all of his players sooner or latter with his managerial style.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is where you don't take other things into consideration.

Biesla has a lot "nobodies" on low wages doing the dog work for him and they do it because they aren't superstars.

You really think Biesla would get our overpaid dross playing like that. This is why Arteta is investing in younger hungrier players now.
You think the poor football and poor league position was all the fault of 'over paid dross'? Well in a sense I'd agree with that, but I'm not thinking of the players.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

:lol: So high last season, that Liverpool looked burn’t out, Chelsea and Sp**s were terrible and sacked their managers . . . very tough.

The only time ever, that Arsenal finished behind Sp**s since 1996 was when our fans were booing, boycotting, flying planes overhead, protesting and doing everything in their power to sink the manager. They eventually succeeded mind.

And Leicester only beat us once under Wenger when they pulled off that freak season that caught out every other premier league club. After that Arsène finished above them twice even with all that toxic atmosphere. So no they didn’t overtake us.

I see our new boy has finished behind Sp**s and Leicester both seasons he’s been here though.

That's the infuriating part. They didn't.

We were the only tean to get 6 points off them that season. We beat them handsomely away & pulled out a massive win at home to reduce the gap at the top.

Sadly, it all came to nothing in the end.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I haven't been in this thread so long, don't know what I was thinking expecting HSG and Trax to not be at it.
FFS stop pretending he's only a thorn in my side, it's you that keeps posting about 'Dialspray' and other versions of such all the time to keep winding him up. He has spats with endless posters on here, continually, including you. :cool:

Last edited:

Kav

Established Member
We all need to give Hairspray some credit. He’s a one or two man unit going against the grain even when his position is untenable and ill informed he still does his thing. It’s not naivety nor a moral/ principled stance with Him. It’s an all together different thing I can’t quite explain but it makes me want to laugh or punch him in the face.

People always seem to take the bait with his shenanigans myself included. I try to ignore but he has this knack for outlandish statements.

Anyway how confident are you guys that we will be in the top 8 come December?

sdotzdot

Established Member

We were the only tean to get 6 points off them that season. We beat them handsomely away & pulled out a massive win at home to reduce the gap at the top.

I nearly cried with that last minute Özil free kick and welbeck goal, I actually thought it was going to happen.

Then I got Arsenal’d.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Following up that last minute win over Leicester in 2016, by losing to an injury ridden United team immediately, sums Emirates Arsenal up perfectly.

I was gonna say we could have used a player like Mikel to calm us down back then...but every time he played for us in 2015/2016, he seemed to single handedly cost us points :lol:

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
If Xhaka stays we have a fairly settled team that almost picks itself going in to the season, even with possible outgoings/incomings it should be fairly consistent, especially with no Euopean matches midweek. The Ødegaard or Maddison transfers will probably drag on to deadline day so Im not including them.

Saka------Auba(new striker?)----Pepe
---------------Esr
---------Xhaka----Partey
Tierney---Holding---White---Bellerin{new rb?}
-------------Leno

Its not an amazing team but would be able to outplay the smaller teams and stay tight against the stronger ones. With so little changes Arteta should be able to start getting results quickly. We might struggle against CIty and Chelsea but after that we should start picking up wins fairly quickly.

I can see Arteta being in the chase for top 4 and still in the job at Christmas. :eek:ops:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

That Welbeck header to get the win and put us two points behind was a peak high moment. It all came crashing down. Now I barely notice a rare shot on target.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

That Welbeck header to get the win and put us two points behind was a peak high moment. It all came crashing down. Now I barely notice a rare shot on target.
I think this is what AM wants tbh. They said they prefer to be 8th than be in the top four for a long time.

I think "stagnation" was the word HairSpray used.

mirrorstare

I'm so glad I was asleep when that header happened and didn't get to overrate Welbeck to the extent most of this fanbase does.

It wasn't as bad as the fanbase thinking Theo Walcott was a good player, but at its worst moments it came pretty close

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
We all need to give Hairspray some credit. He’s a one or two man unit going against the grain even when his position is untenable and ill informed he still does his thing. It’s not naivety nor a moral/ principled stance with Him. It’s an all together different thing I can’t quite explain but it makes me want to laugh or punch him in the face.

People always seem to take the bait with his shenanigans myself included. I try to ignore but he has this knack for outlandish statements.

Anyway how confident are you guys that we will be in the top 8 come December?
"He’s a one or two man unit":lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I'm confident we'll finish 4th or 5th. It's really doable!

Reactions: Kav

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Wonder if Tets told White we are winning the Champions League next season. It's a killer line that drags them in . . . . for a high price.

dbig

Wonder if Tets told White we are winning the Champions League next season. It's a killer line that drags them in . . . . for a high price.
Arteta: Join us. We're winning the Champions League next season.
Player: Err...
Arteta: We'll also double your pay in the meantime.
Player: Where do I sign? I believe in you gaffer! You're the managerial genius of our times!

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I think this is what AM wants tbh. They said they prefer to be 8th than be in the top four for a long time.

I think "stagnation" was the word HairSpray used.

Your lack of self awareness is staggering

Latest posts+

Top Bottom