• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I was wondering what was so special about Arteta that we didn't keep Ljungberg as a manager? Both were/are rookies, but Ljungberg knew all of our young players very well and I would expect the transition would be done much better by Ljungberg than it was done by Arteta.

Not saying here he would get us to the CL, but many of our youngsters like Saliba, Nelson, Balogun, and Willock would have their place in this team with Ljungberg in charge. That was a transition we needed, not overloading the squad with Mari, Cedric, Willian and Elneny
Friendship with pep. When you are great like pep. Even people around you will be elevated in the hope that some of your genius rub in them

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Friendship with pep. When you are great like pep. Even people around you will be elevated in the hope that some of your genius rub in them
I don't think Pep is "great" in a way of Ferguson, Klopp or Wenger, and it's definitely worrying that his first steps were under Pep who is not invested in developing squads, it's more like buying them or inheriting them for him.
That was never the case at Arsenal after Emery, there was nothing to inherit and the budget was limited so it was always about developing the squad internally

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't think Pep is "great" in a way of Ferguson, Klopp or Wenger, and it's definitely worrying that his first steps were under Pep who is not invested in developing squads, it's more like buying them or inheriting them for him.
That was never the case at Arsenal after Emery, there was nothing to inherit and the budget was limited so it was always about developing the squad internally
I think pep is goat. Doing it in a better era

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
I think pep is goat. Doing it in a better era

Goat is a common word in these days. Guardiola did well to very well in league formats with the best teams by far, with the best players, with more money, with more squad depth etc.

Tuchel did better than him last season and Klopp was better than him with the worst team too. Guardiola is good, but he is overrated and his football is boring as ****.

Vanpayslip

What was very odd last season was that Arteta and Pep made the same mistake in big games in Europe. Both decided two attack minded midfielders were needed in the middle and both teams struggled to impose themselves on the game.

Sometimes I can’t help but wonder if Arteta lives in some make believe world or if he suffers from delusions of grandeur. Some of the things he does would make you think he has a team of superstars and then it doesn’t work because he has a team full of average players that he can’t get to play together because his head is in the clouds with him genuinely believing he is some kind of innovator.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

What was very odd last season was that Arteta and Pep made the same mistake in big games in Europe. Both decided two attack minded midfielders were needed in the middle and both teams struggled to impose themselves on the game.

Sometimes I can’t help but wonder if Arteta lives in some make believe world or if he suffers from delusions of grandeur. Some of the things he does would make you think he has a team of superstars and then it doesn’t work because he has a team full of average players that he can’t get to play together because his head is in the clouds with him genuinely believing he is some kind of innovator.
He did alright when he first came and played to the teams strengths in the season before last. Coming up with a formation to make the best of Xhaka, Mustafi etc shows he’s got something about him atleast.

It mainly went wrong for him when he started to implement the way he wanted to wanted to play without the right players. Not to mention completely forgoing a #10. Still not clear if this was the bonehead play on his behalf or circumstances forced upon him.

My main beef with Arteta is I think it’s wrong he’s getting to make squad decisions. His arsewipers also infuriate me to no end, but that’s not even his fault really.

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He did alright when he first came and played to the teams strengths in the season before last. Coming up with a formation to make the best of Xhaka, Mustafi etc shows he’s got something about him atleast.

It mainly went wrong for him when he started to implement the way he wanted to wanted to play without the right players. Not to mention completely forgoing a #10. Still not clear if this was the bonehead play on his behalf or circumstances forced upon him.

My main beef with Arteta is I think it’s wrong he’s getting to make squad additions. His arsewipers also infuriate me to no end, but that’s not even his fault really.
I never understood his way argument and not having the right players. A managers job is to get the best out of whatever players he has and find tactics to do that. If you have burnleys squad you wouldnt want the manager to play tika taka football and say well they can’t play in the managers way. He has proven to be very inflexible and limited manager

Trill

Not Trilly

That's my biggest worry with Arteta. He may be a bloody genius who doesn't have the right tools. But if he ever want's to get to the point that he has said tool's he's going to have to learn to adapt. Even if it's just for the sake of his personal career.

We'll see this season if he has it in him.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Bellerin hasn't been given a new deal, nothing reliable on that. If we were operating in a normal transfer market then things would be very different. We are being forced to keep certain guys due to other teams not offering the desired amounts for them.

You're stretching saying it will be another 3-4 years without top 4. That's ridiculous.
We are coming up to our 5th year without CL football. What makes you think another 3-4 years is ridiculous? We’re not even a top 6 side right now.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom