• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

TinFish

I don't think people get it here.... We can't find an adequate enough replacement for Xhaka especially at the low ball price he was about to be sold for.

I'd rather keep him and try to upgrade on him when the right midfielder comes along... I don't think someone like Renato Sanches is a first team replacement in my eyes. We need someone of a higher calibre which we cannot obtain right now. Hopefully we still get someone like Ødegaard for AM though.

I think the best scenario we can hope for given our low status as a decent club is to renew Xhaka and get rid of true dross like Elneny....

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I still cannot get this through my head... What is Arteta thinking?

I so hope the Xhaka fanboys are right and Xhaka is actually a top class CM. That the 5 years we have had with him have just been an illusion and this year we will get the real Xhaka who will tear up the league!
Apart from the unapologetic fanatics who are a minority, I’m not seeing many call Xhaka top class.

It’s such an obviously unpopular decision I am giving the club the benefit of the doubt here and waiting for official confirmation.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I don't think people get it here.... We can't find an adequate enough replacement for Xhaka especially at the low ball price he was about to be sold for.

I'd rather keep him and try to upgrade on him when the right midfielder comes along... I don't think someone like Renato Sanches is a first team replacement in my eyes. We need someone of a higher calibre which we cannot obtain right now. Hopefully we still get someone like Ødegaard for AM though.

I think the best scenario we can hope for given our low status as a decent club is to renew Xhaka and get rid of true dross like Elneny....
So then why sign Ben White for ducking £50M?

Vanpayslip

It seems more like you don’t get it. The low fee for Xhaka is because he is a rubbish footballer. He is in his prime and has done nothing of not in his whole career. He is part of the dross.

If you genuinely believe there is no one we could improve with on Xhaka in this window then you need help.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Can any of you trust the process guys how he's signed 4 players, Runarsson £47k/w, Wilian£190 k/w, Cedric £75k/w, Mari £85k/w last season, on high wages, and its pretty clear now that none of them are in Arteta's long term plans anymore.
It’s scary. I mean good for those gentlemen making bank. But that’s 4 players you won’t get rid of anytime soon unless you compensate them

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Can any of you trust the process guys how he's signed 4 players, Runarsson £47k/w, Wilian£190 k/w, Cedric £75k/w, Mari £85k/w last season, on high wages, and its pretty clear now that none of them are in Arteta's long term plans anymore.

WAiT tIlL aRtEtA gEtS hIs OwN pLaYErS

He's now trying to get rid of "his" players ffs. :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Do some of you never think hmm, maybe last summer Arteta was given a very small budget and he had to make do with sub par signings on frees and small fees?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

"Why Granit Xhaka & Mo Elneny are perfect for Michael Arteta's football philosophy"
by James McNicholas & Amy Lawrence
🔥🔥🔥
Reed isn't even telling lies you know. We setting "standards" over here.

1628079932165.png

Amy: Last season, Xhaka at times played a very specific role which suited him and those around him — as the left-sided midfielder who can slot into the defensive line when Kieran Tierney, or perhaps the speedy Tavares in the upcoming campaign, go pelting forwards up the left flank on the overload.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He wanted to, not "had to"

Oh, that's why he said he wanted 5/6 starter signings? Lmao.

We were forced to do some of those deals, it's pretty obvious. A starting RB or Cedric? We would obviously go for a starting RB if the cash was there last summer.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Oh, that's why he said he wanted 5/6 starter signings? Lmao.

We were forced to do some of those deals, it's pretty obvious. A starting RB or Cedric? We would obviously go for a starting RB if the cash was there last summer.
OK mate, gonna make it simple for you:
Cedric - we could've just continued using Kola or AMN, whatever player now being behind a 4th choice CB
Willian - finished player who brought nothing here while we already had a better player who was benched instead and ruined Nelson as a backup
Mari - played only a few meh games and we never needed him, we could've just used Saliba instead as a backup, it would at least bring us some value for this season
Runarsson - :lol:

So yeah, the fraud actually wanted to increase our deadwood count instead of getting rid of it

Latest posts+

Top Bottom