• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
OK mate, gonna make it simple for you:
Cedric - we could've just continued using Kola or AMN, whatever player now being behind a 4th choice CB
Willian - finished player who brought nothing here while we already had a better player who was benched instead and ruined Nelson as a backup
Mari - played only a few meh games and we never needed him, we could've just used Saliba instead as a backup, it would at least bring us some value for this season
Runarsson - :lol:

So yeah, the fraud actually wanted to increase our deadwood count instead of getting rid of it

AMN the abysmal right back brilliant Banter. Kolasinac a terrible left back as a right back? Are you serious?

Willian wasn't a finished player he had just come off one of his best seasons in a Chelsea shirt and got them top 4 ffs. What coach in world football uses Nelson, a guy who can't even cross a ball over Willian in that situation?

You're simply talking with hindsight. Mari cost about £4M and at the time we had no LCB in the squad. Hence why he was signed, he was also signed in Jan when Saliba wasn't even here.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
AMN the abysmal right back brilliant Banter. Kolasinac a terrible left back as a right back? Are you serious?

Willian wasn't a finished player he had just come off one of his best seasons in a Chelsea shirt and got them top 4 ffs. What coach in world football uses Nelson, a guy who can't even cross a ball over Willian in that situation?

You're simply talking with hindsight. Mari cost about £4M and at the time we had no LCB in the squad. Hence why he was signed, he was also signed in Jan when Saliba wasn't even here.
They were all abysmal, but you just don't get the point.

From 4 abysmal players, we've ended up having 8! Get it now?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

The point is he filled the squad with bums.

If the players he brought in were upgrade, you'd hardly find an Arsenal fan moaning about it. But he brought in players that were more as good as or even worse than what we have and now we have the most bloated squad in the league.

TinFish

It seems more like you don’t get it. The low fee for Xhaka is because he is a rubbish footballer. He is in his prime and has done nothing of not in his whole career. He is part of the dross.

If you genuinely believe there is no one we could improve with on Xhaka in this window then you need help.
Yeah give me names then. Realistic names and no mercenaries. I struggle to think of anyone that much better who is in the £50 million range who is willingly happy to come to Arsenal and will improve on a Xhaka/Partey partnership leaps and bounds.

Vanpayslip

Yeah give me names then. Realistic names and no mercenaries. I struggle to think of anyone that much better who is in the £50 million range who is willingly happy to come to Arsenal and will improve on a Xhaka/Partey partnership leaps and bounds.
It takes you £50m to replace Xhaka? :facepalm::facepalm:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I find almost all the club released videos nauseatingly cringeworthy. Especially the interviews.

Just throw an Arsenal shirt at them, get them to pose for a few photos outside the training ground, maybe a few pics with Arsène if the player is good enough, job done...none of this modern day video/interview ****!

TinFish

It takes you £50m to replace Xhaka? :facepalm::facepalm:
Well realistically give me someone who will slot in the first XI and will go well with Partey. Maybe Bissouma..?

Even then I don't think it's a significant enough upgrade and would rather use the money to upgrade RB.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I don't think people get it here.... We can't find an adequate enough replacement for Xhaka especially at the low ball price he was about to be sold for.

I'd rather keep him and try to upgrade on him when the right midfielder comes along... I don't think someone like Renato Sanches is a first team replacement in my eyes. We need someone of a higher calibre which we cannot obtain right now. Hopefully we still get someone like Ødegaard for AM though.

I think the best scenario we can hope for given our low status as a decent club is to renew Xhaka and get rid of true dross like Elneny....
That’s fair enough but you didn’t have to give him a new contract. Giving players close to 30 new contracts is risky business. Auba, Willian, Cedric have all shown significant decline and in this market it’s almost impossible to get rid of them.

Vanpayslip

Well realistically give me someone who will slot in the first XI and will go well with Partey. Maybe Bissouma..?

Even then I don't think it's a significant enough upgrade and would rather use the money to upgrade RB.

So Partey is the problem? We need someone that can slot in with him?

The chump commands a minor fee. We can analyse it a million ways but it is because he is rubbish. How do we improve on him? It’s not that hard. If he was this elusive amazing midfielder then many a club would have bid for him after he had the game of his life for his country. But they didn’t. He literally isn’t worth what Wenger in his penny pinching days used to buy 16 year olds for. Get off your Xhaka high horse already. If you can’t see a better player than Xhaka for £50m then go and get some help. Stop asking me for examples and ask your GP for help.

TinFish

So Partey is the problem? We need someone that can slot in with him?

The chump commands a minor fee. We can analyse it a million ways but it is because he is rubbish. How do we improve on him? It’s not that hard. If he was this elusive amazing midfielder then many a club would have bid for him after he had the game of his life for his country. But they didn’t. He literally isn’t worth what Wenger in his penny pinching days used to buy 16 year olds for. Get off your Xhaka high horse already. If you can’t see a better player than Xhaka for £50m then go and get some help. Stop asking me for examples and ask your GP for help.
I'm still waiting for a realistic example pal. I see no harm in giving him a new contract and having him as a backup player when we DO eventually sign someone to play alongside Partey. I'll take that option over Elneny every single time. Why are you not moaning about Elneny by the way?

Whats the point of letting him go for £12 million? The club already knows we won't sign better than him and they seem to be keen on getting a AM/GK as priority for some reason.

Of course I'm open for Xhaka to leave, but i'm just being realistic here. This isn't football manager. I genuinely can't think of someone who will significantly improve Arsenal in the middle of the Park right at this moment.

Our status as a club has been flushed down the toilet if you haven't realised. We are not an attractive proposition anymore. Locatelli doesn't even want to come here.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Been in bed all day crying at the thought of another season of Arteta and his BS football.

Family knocking my door to see if I’m ok and leaving me some food and water, I ain’t eaten or drank liquids in 3 days.

This might be it for me guys. Always remember me as someone who hated @Riou crappy posts, backed Wenger, and as the greatest poster this forum has ever seen.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Been in bed all day crying at the thought of another season of Arteta and his BS football.

Family knocking my door to see if I’m ok and leaving me some food and water, I ain’t eaten or drank liquids in 3 days.

This might be it for me guys. Always remember me as someone who hated @Riou crappy posts, backed Wenger, and as the greatest poster this forum has ever seen.

You better not leave us Gagan. #PatialaBros

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Ok see you tomorrow again GD.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

OMG GDeep! Noooooooooooooooooooooooo. 😫 Please make sure your family post notice of your demise in this forum along with the funeral date (leave them your log-in info for god's sake). I for one will travel to attend & honor your memory. I'll lay an A-M shaped wreath upon your grave, and an @OnlyOne shaped gnome.

I shall shed a tear, mascara be damned!

Papa Wonga

Established Member
giphy.gif

Look how Arteta and Edu are massacring the Jewel of AM - @GDeep™

Stray strong brother, he'll be gone in september.

0/9 points.

Kav

Established Member

Yeah but you were the one calling Arteta “My Manager “ and all that other cringe worthy stuff, you were batting for him real hard
before he was hired. Talking about how he helped us win a cup crap.

I can’t honestly feel sorry for you after all that.

The sad thing is that we all are suffering. Especially the ones like myself who didn’t want a coach with zero experience.

Papa Wonga

Established Member

Yeah but you were the one calling Arteta “My Manager “ and all that other cringe worthy stuff, you were batting for him real
before he was hired. Talking about how he helped us win a cup crap.

I can’t honestly feel sorry for you after all that.

The sad thing is that we all are suffering. Especially the ones like myself who didn’t want a coach with zero experience.
Could've sacked Arteta before the window opened, conte had just left inter, and if he was willing to go to the ****, he would of been willing to come here. sad times.

We've had ample opportunity to hire a WC manager - Conte, Allegri

Great managers - Ten haag, Galtier from Lille, club are just braindead. Was under wenger.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Could've sacked Arteta before the window opened, conte had just left inter, and if he was willing to go to the ****, he would of been willing to come here. sad times.

We've had ample opportunity to hire a WC manager - Conte, Allegri

Great managers - Ten haag, Galtier from Lille, club are just braindead. Was under wenger.
That’s why I had no hope for this window. Clear club management are imbeciles.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom