• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Lately before the start of every season you have people saying it will be almost impossible to get into the top 4. They look at the other teams and cite their improvements. The logic being if they finished ahead of us last year and are seemingly strengthening further than surely they will be out of reach. Reality shows us it doesn't work like that. Teams don't just keep improving year after year, a lot of the times some of them will regress for whatever reason, it happens every year.

3 season ago at the start of Emery's reign top 4 looked so far away. We finished 5th 1 point off 4th, 2 points off 3rd. 2 seasons ago the team in top 4 only managed 66 points. Last season we had our worst season in living memory, stuck near the relegation places for majority of the season but ended up only finishing only 6 points off 4th place. All you need to do is get your own house in order and start to pick up enough points against the lower teams. Last 3 seasons points tally for 4th: 66, 67, 71. Really not that remarkable to reach those if you have a decent manager and squad. We need to stop worrying too much about these supposed super teams ahead of us, stop resigning ourselves to not being able to compete for top 4.

Haphazard

Lately before the start of every season you have people saying it will be almost impossible to get into the top 4. They look at the other teams and cite their improvements. The logic being if they finished ahead of us last year and are seemingly strengthening further than surely they will be out of reach. Reality shows us it doesn't work like that. Teams don't just keep improving year after year, a lot of the times some of them will regress for whatever reason, it happens every year.

3 season ago at the start of Emery's reign top 4 looked so far away. We finished 5th 1 point off 4th, 2 points off 3rd. 2 seasons ago the team in top 4 only managed 66 points. Last season we had our worst season in living memory, stuck near the relegation places for majority of the season but ended up only finishing only 6 points off 4th place. All you need to do is get your own house in order and start to pick up enough points against the lower teams. Last 3 seasons points tally for 4th: 66, 67, 71. Really not that remarkable to reach those if you have a decent manager and squad. We need to stop worrying too much about these supposed super teams ahead of us, stop resigning ourselves to not being able to compete for top 4.
Difficult to pick up those points when you have Mr '1 loss every 3 games' as your manager.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

@<<reed>> this is the non-parody version
FG13qeT.jpg

Chaoz_Enigma

How is Arteta doing this? He certainly has an incredible talent to instil hope, with zero evidence. It’s like the learner driver who crashed his car 5 times being told, ‘Don’t worry, you’ll pass your test easily’.
If he really ever (dont hope for it, just keep our expectations low) able to turn all this sh!te around.....I'd say he will be up there with the wenger and graham. If not he's just a very good PR manager.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If he really ever (dont hope for it, just keep our expectations low) able to turn all this sh!te around.....I'd say he will be up there with the wenger and graham. If not he's just a very good PR manager.
Graham was nowhere near Wenger, even though he was a country mile better than Arteta.

Malky

Established Member
No he ****ing won't. :lol::lol:

Look at the players he's signed in 2 years, the money he's spent.
He's expected to turn this around, we're the highest spending team in the league, one of the highest spenders in Europe this summer, it's hardly a ****ing miracle if he manages to beat the likes of Norwich, Burnley, etc. It's the expectation.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Looking at our upcoming fixtures.

Burnley- Away.
Sp**s- Home.
Brighton- Away.
Crystal Palace- Home.
Aston Villa- Home.

Decent-ish spell you'd expect 12 points.
Absolute bare minimum for me is 10 points.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I genuinely can't think of anything other than that these guys are being paid off by Arsenal in some way.

Neither Wenger or Emery had this level of PR defense despite being far superior to him.

He needs his players, he needs time, the opponents were too tough, referees etc etc , There should be scathing articles about how after 20 months we still have the horrendous style of play regardless of what player is playing or that he has atrocious talent ID.

Clearly something going on. Maybe club is giving them access and they don’t want to lose it.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Burnley- Away.
Sp**s- Home.
Brighton- Away.
Crystal Palace- Home.
Aston Villa- Home.

We have never won against Aston Villa or Burnley with Arteta as manager so those games are very uncertain. Arteta is Dyche and Smith's little *****. Im not sure about Palace either since Vieira will see that game as some kind of audition. I can see us get 0 points in all of these games, no joke.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Burnley- Away.
Sp**s- Home.
Brighton- Away.
Crystal Palace- Home.
Aston Villa- Home.

Agree, bare minimum of 10 points, expectation of 12 points. There's not many easy teams this year but we need to start stringing together some wins now.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Agree, bare minimum of 10 points, expectation of 12 points. There's not many easy teams this year but we need to start stringing together some wins now.
3 home games and the 2 away games being Brighton and Burnley, not exactly fortresses. You are right we need to get a good haul of points from this set of fixtures. Unfortunately what I think will happen is we will pick up just about enough points that will keep uncle Mikel afloat (say about 9 points) while still losing ground to the top 4/top 6.

Top Bottom