• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We cant move on from Wenger because the majority of our current experienced useless players were brought by Wenger!
:lol: Our best starting XI under Arteta only have one Wenger signing in it and he's actually one of the best CF in Europe.

Meanwhile, Mikel bought and renewed contracts of bums. It's amazing three years on and after back to back midtable finishes and one of the worst football we've ever seen yet we're still blaming Wenger. :lol:

I knew this "league is harder now" argument was just another covert Arteta-in argument :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
You believe tricky Tets can finish top 6?
Think we have a better squad than everyone else - Villa, Everton, Sp**s etc. Leicester are the only team I rate, and they have Rodgers. Nobody here would swap our squad for the Villa, Everton, Sp**s etc squads.

I’m expecting top 6, even though Micky is a ****.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
tets better in big games than wenger it seems
When Tets beats our rivals in big games with last minute goals, he can talk about being better at clutch games. When Tets wins the league at new White Hart Lane, he can talk about being better in big games. When Tets beats United to win the FA Cup, he can talk about being better at clutch games.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Don't remember us battering either one of them unfortunately. Played really well in the first half with Wolves granted. Either way we came out of those games with 0 points.
We were the far better team against both no way we deserved 0 points from those games.
Should have been 3-4 up in the 1st half against Wolves & game over. We played excellent football but just couldnt take our chances

I totally agree we were awful in the 1st half of the season against them both & deserved to lose.
I understand its a results based business but im not having the we always play terrible football narrative.

I understand its not prime wengerball.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Brugge were so good yesterday and you could see it was the coaching. One of the best presses I can recall seeing and clear patterns of play when attacking.

You'd expect them to probably lose most of the games they'd play against PSG as player quality will eventually show but that just shows how badly Arteta is doing as we regularly dropped points to teams with less quality than us.

I was very impressed by Brugge too which gives me hope for life after Arteta but this guy really stood out for me.

His style of play reminds me of a BTEC Neymar. Definitely one to keep an eye on as he scored 16 goals and got 7 assists in their league last season.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I dont like Pep, Guardiola, Klopp either but they are brilliant managers - i am sure Mikel can be one in the future too. Too much smoke, must be a fire.
There’s no smoke. The only thing on fire is our aspirations as a serious club. Mikel has nothing to suggest he will be a good manager in the future.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I totally agree we were awful in the 1st half of the season against them both & deserved to lose.
I understand its a results based business but im not having the we always play terrible football narrative.

Let's not gloss over it as only being an issue in the first half of the season. To put it bluntly it can be a real chore watching us most matches these days. You keep watching as a fan obviously in the hope that you see something different but end up being served the same **** nearly every week without the points to show for it.

The large majority of the games we play have been like that since Arteta's initial period in charge up to the first lockdown. At that point you could say we where playing entertaining football. I still have no idea why it changed so much from that point onwards but here we are.

Being pleasing on the eye wouldn't matter a great deal to me if the results were rolling in but unfortunately that just hasn't happened.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Him seeing the bright lights:

tommy-lee-jones-golden-globes-2013-274.jpg
Wtf is going on with him. 🤣

I’m telling you, he’s clocked the formula. We aren’t losing again this season.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Except the only time they actually competed, Wenger won.

Klopp had’t been at the club long but Wenger had the worst injury record in the league. See that’s evidenced based posting. All the rest is conjecture. :lol:
Klopp won the CL and PL without oil money. That’s evidence based posting, all the rest is conjecture. :lol:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Wtf is going on with him. 🤣

I’m telling you, he’s clocked the formula. We aren’t losing again this season.

TBH he was he was specifically asked if he was seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Still, it's banter and all that.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Think we have a better squad than everyone else - Villa, Everton, Sp**s etc. Leicester are the only team I rate, and they have Rodgers. Nobody here would swap our squad for the Villa, Everton, Sp**s etc squads.

I’m expecting top 6, even though Micky is a ****.
I think we should get top 6 but dont forget Sp**s have been above us for 5 years & Leicester have been a very well run settled club for a long time.
i would say our squads are pretty similar but we are very young, less settled & and still in transition. I think potentially we may be better but that remains to be seen.
Sp**s kept Kane & Son and added a a better CB than White & a better RB than we have according to many.

I am totally sure Leicester/Sp**s fans are not expecting to finish below us.

You have Villa & Everton fans thinking they can get above us lol.
I dont for 1 minute think they will but also dont think its guaranteed we finish above Sp**s/Leicester.
Im not gonna lie though i would be disappointed if didnt get above one & top 6.

What I dont understand all these people thinking Arteta is dog **** yet expecting him to finish above Sp**s which is something we havent managed for years. Its not like they havent improved their squad.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I was very impressed by Brugge too which gives me hope for life after Arteta but this guy really stood out for me.

His style of play reminds me of a BTEC Neymar. Definitely one to keep an eye on as he scored 16 goals and got 7 assists in their league last season.
Their striker played unbelievably well as well, only twenty years old and capped for Belgium. Might be one to keep an eye on especially as we need a striker next summer.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom