• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Here's a hypothetical, let's say Arteta gets sacked around Christmas time.

A couple of years down the line when the frustration from fans has died down towards him what do you think his legacy at Arsenal will be... The player and captain who did a really good job for us or the manager who failed the test here, albeit with an FA Cup to his name?

I hope it's more the former, I really liked Arteta as a player.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

A couple of years down the line when the frustration from fans has died down towards him what do you think his legacy at Arsenal will be... The player and captain who did a really good job for us or the manager who failed the test here, albeit with an FA Cup to his name?

I remember him for the west brom game as a player so make of that what you will

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He's made an enemy for life out of me ngl.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Liked him as a player, was quite underrated. Helped steady the ship during a rough period for the club.

Won a trophy as Arsenal manager, and banter aside, the likes of Lampard and Ole can't say the same.

That being said it can't be overlooked that's he's come 8th twice, bottled Europe twice and so far has been a disaster in the market, which I think is what he will be remembered for.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I’m sorry and I’m not a hater, but this is really basic. I like Saliba and Guendouzi like everyone else but you man are starving if this gets you excited.

Holding and Elneny probably aren't capable of executing this which is the entire point

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He was a good player for us, but the mistakes he is making as a manager will rightly have him remembered in a negative way.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

In regards to that Guendouzi and Saliba clip, most of our players would look like that in ligue 1 it's kinda why we get tricked into signing them in the first place.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Anyway, more on topic I'm starting to think Arteta made a mistake in taking the Arsenal job. Yeah we're a big, big club and very few managers get a chance to manage a club of such stature as a novice. It was a very hard job to turn down given Arteta's standing as a manager.

Parking aside whether Arteta has the potential to be a good manager in the future. I think it's imperative that if you have a novice manager the structure and hierarchy upstairs at the club needs to be strong and settled to help the rookie out.

He's obviously struggling at his core job of getting results which is bad enough but I also get the feeling he's feeling the need to get himself involved in stuff that should not really be under his remit as a novice manager. I don't think that's helping matters either.

Yeah, promoting him to manager was a mistake and one a rookie DoF would make to have someone to hide behind.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

As a manager? If he doesn't kick on on the next jobs he has, he will be a di Matteo.

If he ends up being successful, maybe people will look at his internship here a bit more fondly, maybe even look back and say it was too early for him etc.

Top Bottom