• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Top 5-6. Improved attacking performances and maybe a deep run in one of the cup competitions.

Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd are at a level above us, some of them more than a level. We're not challenging them this year bar a major injury crisis or a horror season for one of them.

5th should be realistically attainable though.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The message from representatives of the club like Edu and Ian Wright have told us that Arteta doesn't need Europe to keep his job, we are playing a different game now.

It's pretty much go out there and play - and "connect with the fans" until further notice.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The message from representatives of the club like Edu and Ian Wright have told us that Arteta doesn't need Europe to keep his job, we are playing a different game now.

It's pretty much go out there and play - and "connect with the fans" until further notice.
I'd be shocked if they are so stupid to really think that way.

Our club is still massive, but these snakes are reducing it to mediocrity with their terrible incompetence.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Europa League qualification guarantees his job safety no matter how much we dislike it. Even if we're awful all season and only scrape it, it'll be enough. And the board will be looking for any excuse to justify keeping him on and they'll point to it as an improvement on last season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What's weird tho is we qualified for the EL a year ago and going into the next season not many thought repeating it would be seen as a success or progress. Yet not only did we fail to repeat that but we also ended the season trophyless, played worse football and didn't even quality for the conference league. So we basically regressed massively and are now on a position where repeating the feat of a year ago is now seen as a massive success. Arteta himself has somehow managed to lower to standards and the expectations for himself which is kinda crazy when you think about it.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Our club is still massive, but these snakes are reducing it to mediocrity with their terrible incompetence.
Perhaps privately there are targets to atleast get Europa spots, but Edu came out and refused to put a number on the table and said we need to look into the future.

Wright a club ambassador says anything higher than 8th must be progress. Why would they say these things?

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

It really is massive. I've traveled around Europe and you won't see random Leicester, Everton shirts in pubs, on the street etc.

But the Cannon is everywhere. And wherever you go you'll find a fellow macohist supporting us.

It's unbelievable how incompetent the higher ups are. They are literally in charge of a global sporting institution.

Haphazard

Perhaps privately there are targets to atleast get Europa spots, but Edu came out and refused to put a number on the table and said we need to look into the future.

Wright a club ambassador says anything higher than 8th must be progress. Why would they say these things?
Because they are all looking out for each other. The moment Edu says we should aim for 6th this season it sets up fan's expectations and accountability. Being vague allows Arteta to skate by on random stuff like we didn't finish in euros cos of new players/refs/injuries etc. When Arteta is safe he won't be holding Edu accountable because he is not under pressure.

It's the circlejerk of medicority at Arsenal.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
I just said top 6. And that is the bare minimum. The most important thing I want to see is improvement tactically and in style of play. Arteta really needs to get rid of the stale tactics. Impliment some movement: running lines, position switches up front, anything to make it look a bit more attractive.

IDC about Cup Runs atm, since they are mostly a gamble.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

It doesn't seem like 5 minutes since our manager was apparently clueless for going out in the last 16 of the Champions League.

And now after spending £150m, even qualification is supposedly out of our realm of thinking.

Have our fans been hypnotised?

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

So, re. the poll;

Is it what I think he has to do for the board to keep him on? Or what he has to do for me to want him to stay on?

That's like asking which is more likely to ruin your vacation, being caught in a shark feeding frenzy or contracting smallpox?

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Was, much as it pains me to say so 😑

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Someone like Conte would get us in the top 4.
That's the annoying thing. If we were going to spend 150m, why didn't we give it to Conte?
Conte would atleast get us on par with teams like man utd with funds like that but we have it to a novice in charge who somehow convinced the fans that we have a youth project despite shelling out 150m on signings ffs

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

It doesn't seem like 5 minutes since our manager was apparently clueless for going out in the last 16 of the Champions League.

And now after spending £150m, even qualification is supposedly out of our realm of thinking.

Have our fans been hypnotised?

Only those who are generally taken for a ride in all aspects of their lives.

The rest of us who see things clearly have to stand on the sidelines & bear the indignity wrought upon this once grand club.

Top Bottom