• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why bring Ole into this? We’ve qualified for the Champions League two seasons running mate.

I don’t think you’re mentally stable to be honest. Friday morning you admitted midtable Micky needed to go.

Now you’re going to challenge for the league next season? I just showed my work colleagues that post and they’re literally laughing their heads off.

Let me get this straight.

A Manchester United fan, calling ME mentally unstable on an Arsenal football club forum.

You showed your work colleagues? Work nerd of the year goes to...

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
What which stands out the most from that The Athletic article is this:

Mazziotti has been one of the biggest unsung heroes of the season, under him our players have been fitter than ever before and more importantly coming back from injury faster than ever before. People in the club not being happy with him makes me think those 55 lay offs last summer was too little and there's still a lot of useless **** working in the club that are pulling us down.

Yeah, he has done a great job with Partey. Not.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
Let me get this straight.

A Manchester United fan, calling ME mentally unstable on an Arsenal football club forum.

You showed your work colleagues? Work nerd of the year goes to...
I’m perfectly stable my friend. Even though we’re second in the league and about to win another European trophy, I still don’t think Ole is good enough to lead Utd.

Yet you’re backing a manager who has finished midtable two seasons running. Your football is awful. His signings are terrible. He gives big contracts to Chelsea rejects. And you’re going to challenge for the league next season?! I’d seek professional help mate. :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
LOL.

We will be very lucky if we will challenge for Top 4. Now I give the same odds for Arteta sacking mid season and being 5th or 6th at the end of the season.
5th or 6th is a big leap from where we are now. You think he’s capable of that? Haven’t seen any signs yet.

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
Didn't say its on par with City ffs, people love to read what they want to read right? Hes been here just over a year still time to win the CL.
Didn't say its on par with City ffs, people love to read what they want to read right? Hes been here just over a year still time to win the CL.
So you really think he will win the champions league in the next 2 years??He has broken all kind of wrong records this season.The team has worst points tally..what is it that makes you believe he is the man to drive the clubforward?Can you also pls define the progress he has made when compared to previous arsenal managers?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I’m perfectly stable my friend. Even though we’re second in the league and about to win another European trophy, I still don’t think Ole is good enough to lead Utd.

Yet you’re backing a manager who has finished midtable two seasons running. Your football is awful. His signings are terrible. He gives big contracts to Chelsea rejects. And you’re going to challenge for the league next season?! I’d seek professional help mate. :lol:

Backing him? I said he should've been sacked. However I'm not just going to stress myself daily saying Arteta out when it's very obviously clear he's going to get the summer window and the start of next season. If you cant change something then why force it? Just unnecessary.

With all due respect coming onto an Arsenal based fan forum as a fan of another team and calling someone mentally unstable isn't a great look. Why don't you **** off to the Leicester City forum.

Also if you take everything I say seriously I think you need to be examined yourself.

TimoJens

You have the opportunity to avoid his ridiculous posts by going to your own forum. The rest of us do not have that opportunity.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Ole’s done well this season. You’ve spent the second most money and you’re 2nd. And the guys clearly improving too.

We’ve spent the 5th most money and we’re 9th/10th. And Arteta’s clearly learn’t nothing so far.

Preacher

Always Crying
5th or 6th is a big leap from where we are now. You think he’s capable of that? Haven’t seen any signs yet.

That was very optmistic view IF he will get supposed squad overhaul. Only one game per week should be a plus for him also.

Bad season start and wheels will come off soon though.

Trying to believe hence 50/50 :lol: but If I would need to make a bet right know - would bet that he will be sacked during the season.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Nothing is his fault. Trust the process!
the process didn’t start when he took over, but actually few months ago. Me and all the people who are judging him over the last 18 months are wrong it seems. We should judge him on the ast 3-4 months, so it is too early to sack a manager after only 3-4 months. This man will throw everyone under the bus to save himself.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

That was very optmistic view IF he will get supposed squad overhaul. Only one game per week should be a plus for him also.

Bad season start and wheels will come off soon though.

Trying to believe hence 50/50 :lol: but If I would need to make a bet right know - would bet that he will be sacked during the season.
We have 2 big loans now and are running at a loss. There’s no money in the kitty. Where’s it coming from, apart from player sales?

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
So the Athletic said that Edu and Arteta want to build the team around the Hale End generation, and some senior players like Tierney, Holding (wtf) and Chambers (wtf wtf).

Why the hell do we want to build a team around a mediocre CB in Holding, and a guy who started 7 games this season?

TimoJens

The owner is giving us cash have you not been reading the news?

I mean today Arteta basically said we'll be spending a fair whack.

If its in the news it must be true!

Arteta is a company man who is always willing to give the owners free blow-jobs. I dont believe a word from that man and neither should you.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Never happened even with European football.
Won't happen in this context with Covid, loss of revenues, no european football.

Let's be serious a bit.

I'm not saying this as a baseless claim. I think covid, loss of revenues and no European football will actually be the catalysts to spend that sum.

That along with fan pressure and probably 8-15 players leaving the club will lead to us spending a lot of money.

You have to also remember since 2013/14 we've had cycles of spending. One year of spending under 100M, then the next year we spend over 100M. This year is in the cycle to spend over 100M again.

Is the 200-250M figure absolutely ridiculous? Of course it is, nobody on here will believe it. But in the year we signed Pepe didn't we end up spending around £140M? So it's only 60M off our highest ever spend in a summer.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom