• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Youth/reserve setup completely changed with Per leading the way. Scouting setup completely changed with a new approach/personnel brought in. First team squad completely changed.

Arteta this time next year when he’s looking for somewhere within the club to blame the culture on.

-3frLd.gif

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

The problem according to them is the culture instilled by Wenger, so the solution is to post pictures and quotes of Wenger all over the training ground. Nice.

****ing traitors, turncoats & opportunists, the lot of them.

No human is infallible, but Wenger took an Arsenal that was a spent force & turned into a club that was a byword for efficiency & excellence all the while constantly challenged for the highest honors.

None of the 3 stooges at the head of this rotten setup are fit to lick his boots, let alone walk in them.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
How many more losses before he throws Edu under the bus?

Still think that’s his get out of jail free card he’s holding on to.

I think that may come when he starts moving on some of the signings that he's made over the last few years.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I was legit cool about the back to back losses (because what do you expect), but yeah reading this stuff just pissed me off.

Completely unnecessary.

Yeah I mean, here's me saying let's wait till the end of the season to cast final judgement on Arteta but this kind of BS is extremely difficult to stomach and makes my blood boil.

The problem is blatantly not cultural. This team has been torn the f*ck apart and Arteta brought in SIX GODDAMN players, four of which came in straight away as starters. The other two being the first replacements in their respective positions.

Culture is not the reason why we responded so limply to the Palace defeat by dropping a home loss to Brighton and a loss to Southampton.

If you watched the games it didn't look like the players weren't trying, it looked like they didn't know how to break the opposition down; a direct consequence of management.

I thought maybe Arteta would do some self reflection, re-group and go again, but here is the club already making excuses for him?

Very disappointing to see.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

The problem according to them is the culture instilled by Wenger, so the solution is to post pictures and quotes of Wenger all over the training ground. Nice.

Well I'd love to ask them why since Arteta has joined we've never had a season where we've created as many good chances as even Wenger's worst season (and creating big chances is what I'd call a crucial metric in measuring the success of our team).

Surely if Wenger's culture was such a problem that's something that Arteta should've fixed by now? Yet we're going backwards in that regard.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I actually don’t get what this means… what will their jobs be?? Like I’m genuinely curious 😂
Have the board thought the reason the culture is bad is because arteta puts us on dreadful losing runs every 3 months ??

Somebody on reddit can answer your question:

I worked with a multinational company that hired People-Made to change the culture and improve Employer Branding and beyond a couple of PowerPoint slides that stated the obvious and woke HR recommendations to increase inclusivity, diversity and being progressive, nothing changed. The definition of consultancy is: If you are not part of the solution, there is good money to be made by prolonging the problem.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What I don't get is the PR machine likes to paint everything as perfect when we're winning but once we lose a few games it's almost like they have to do a whole damage control operation. It just comes across as so fake.

It's not helping the players or Arteta himself either. I think they'd be better served to just keep quiet for a while and let the players/staff try and sort it out on the pitch.

I think that problem runs through every part of the club, from players to the fans. When we're winning, we're the best team in the world, when we lose a few we're in crisis. It's part of why we can't really handle adversity.

Football Head

Lord Conspiracy

🤣 We're seriously being psyop'ed here by the lunatics who have taken over the asylum. Either that or Jeremy Beadle is going to come traipsing around the corner with a video camera in his little hand.
Some serious weirdness going on. agenda-driven nonsense, that i don't think is entirely about football or business ...

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
‘The Arsenal Way’: club conducting top-to-bottom cultural review

David Ornstein

It was a disappointing weekend for Arsenal as their chances of making next season’s Champions League hit another setback — the defeat at Southampton was their third consecutive loss.

The downturn has tempered expectations for the final weeks of the campaign and offered a reality check on how much progress is still required if they are to compete for the biggest trophies again.

Manager Mikel Arteta is charged with improving Arsenal’s fortunes on the pitch and there is also a rebuilding job occurring behind the scenes as the north London side try to reclaim former glories.

mikel-arteta

(Photo: Daniel Leal/AFP via Getty Images)
One of the main problems identified in recent times has been the culture and they are now trying to do something about it. The Athletic understands Arsenal have enlisted the help of consultancy firm People-Made to embark upon what sources call a “top-to-bottom cultural review of the club”.

The project — known internally as “The Arsenal Way” — has already begun and aims to hear from staff at all levels of the organisation, identify what has gone wrong and attempt to put things right.

There is an acceptance that many factors Arsenal feel set them apart started to dissipate towards the end of Arsène Wenger’s reign and during Unai Emery’s period at the helm.

Backed at ownership level, this is being led by director Lord Harris, chief executive Vinai Venkatesham and chief commercial officer Juliet Slot. Arteta, technical director Edu and academy boss Per Mertesacker are involved in what they hope will help bring a successful future.

The process kicked off with a “Be Together” forum at the Emirates Stadium and there are smaller sessions — some of which Arteta has attended — focus groups, individual meetings and a survey.

There are groups named after iconic figures, such as “Rocky”, with new images and messaging noticeable around club buildings designed to connect employees with Arsenal’s history and values.

People-Made’s research phase is happening until the summer, when the London-based company will report its findings and assist Arsenal in establishing a “cultural direction” for the years ahead.

Speechless.

Just hire Ted Lasso, ffs.

Kav

Established Member
If the club has to resort to hiring a consultant to identify issues with the culture of the club with a view to improving the same, Is that not an admission that the present regime is failing?

If anything they should just admit they don’t know what they are doing.

If you want things to go back to how they were before you were hired then clearly You’re incapable of generating the kind of success required.

If you were successful you would be looking to the future and what you’re doing and not the past.

Haphazard

Yeah don’t worry I’m not defending this. I’m just saying the culture of a squad is vital and Mikel has been outspoken about that since he joined which I don’t mind.

But you have to question why the culture is still coming up.
PR spin into overdrive, when you cannot deliver tangible results on the field you tell the people you are delivering hypothetical/conceptual wins that will help the team in the long run. This way you are not held to any standard because you are working on something that cannot be accurately measured or recorded unlike games/goals/trophies etc.

In a way Arteta has succeeded in fooling many Arsenal fans into massively lowering standards. People getting gassed up about Europa league considering it was the competition we were in when he came in but then pretending like any progress has happened.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Tbh this about losing culture is right on the money. I’ve been saying we have had a loser culture for a very long time

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
And this is the reaction they're looking for:

A poster from Reddit:

Interesting. Hopefully this leads to some actual change rather than just a box-ticking exercise to say they tried. Even if this season is partially collapsing, I’m very pleased with the steps we’re taking, as a club, to fix our problems. Things are much better than they were during late Wenger years and they can only get better

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Latest posts

Top Bottom