• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Agreed. Although I’d also say if our young stars have breakout years then… that’s good no? 🤓
Yes but stop throwing out the wage bill like he did something special being in a virtual tie for 5th with a thin and young squad. The wage situation isn’t this great accomplishment we are told it is actually set to explode in next couple seasons if our young guys keep performing

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Auba was slumping Kane was even worse first half of the year. One manager got his star striker on board and bought in and the other guy gave a world class player away for nothing because he was late to meetings. Kane told Sp**s to piss off and even did a farewell address to the fans and sulked his way through first half of season.

Auba didn’t do crap to distract us compared to what Kane did to Sp**s at start of year. Mikel awful manager but he is a phenomenal hall monitor, no one giggles or is late to class when Mik is around.

Auba was crap since he signed his new contract

Auba added nothing to build up play

The team was infinately better when Auba was dropped because Auba did nothing in general play

Arteta was right to bin Auba

Farzad Stoned

Auba was crap since he signed his new contract

Auba added nothing to build up play

The team was infinately better when Auba was dropped because Auba did nothing in general play

Arteta was right to bin Auba
If he was crap why did he terrorize La Liga as soon as he left. Kane was worse first half of year and a bigger distraction. He isn’t a link up type striker it’s like asking a ferrari to double as a concrete mixer. And his link up play was not nearly as bad as people make it. In fairness he was poor after signing his big deal. But again Arteta could not get Auba on board Conte solved an even bigger distraction and kept Kane at club now he doesn’t want to leave and is banging in goals for fun

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Where did you predict we'd finish at the start of last season?

Because many people on here are disappointed with the season yet many of those expected us to finish 5th, so I don't get how it is a disappointing season. Of course it's unfortunate what happened at the end because we had a good chance to get top 4, ultimately depth cost us at the end of the season, The teams that finished above us had a lot more quality depth to fall back on. Hopefully Arteta and Edu wont make the same mistake this season.

I don’t think I had us finishing in the top four because I simply didn’t rate Arteta in the slightest. Pretty sure I didn’t even bother with predictions. I would have expected a top manager to take our squad and overachieve slightly by finishing 4th due to us being out of Europe completely.

The depth excuse doesn’t cut it either, we had less depth but less games, clubs of our size have shown that less games >> more depth. We also chose to get rid of a lot of players so it’s self-inflicted really. I doubt you’re doing it on purpose but this is an example of the excuses that get made for Mikel.

As things stand I think he’s a decent manager overall, good at some things bad at others. I’d expect fourth but for me to think he’s a top manager I’d be looking for us to overachieve in some way.

Last edited:

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Yes but stop throwing out the wage bill like he did something special being in a virtual tie for 5th with a thin and young squad. The wage situation isn’t this great accomplishment we are told it is actually set to explode in next couple seasons if our young guys keep performing
I mean no one is saying he did anything special. He came 5th with the 5th highest wage bill (admittedly utd is in there and we really should ignore them so you could argue he came 5th with the 4th highest wage bill). He was at/around par which is all we’re saying, but obviously the way it ended has given a lot of us some pretty deep trauma. The wage bill of the young squad could very explode if we do well. But that would mean we did well, so it’s a “nice problem to have”. I’m happy to have a huge wage bill if we win the league! In reality though I imagine we’ll sell some of our stars for big bucks before we have to put them on enormous wages. At least that’s what happened under Arsène but admittedly the financial circumstances of the club were different then…

D

Deleted member 102404

Some were happy with 5th last season as it was a big improvement on the previous season. I was wrong to say fans were happy with 8th, but at the very least they were content with it. We've took a step forward this season in that nobody will be happy with 5th now. Does not mean if we do finish 5th excuses will not be made, just like in the 8th season.
Being happy with 5th and recognising improvement that bodes well for the future are two entirely different things.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Strike 1 btw. 3 and we aren’t friends irl anymore.

Take any opportunity to laugh at me theee days, you’ve already forgotten when I was posting on your behalf during your break?

No come on I’m serious, take that strike back. It wasn’t laughing at you 🤣🤣

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

That guy scares me, his few cameos on all or nothing were enough to leave me deeply worried about the future of this club
Is he just there to give pep talks while being relatable cos he’s young? Gets to travel all over the world with the club and probably gets expensive gifts from his football mates.

Because bro…I’ll do the job for a quarter of the salary ffs.

D

Deleted member 102404

Is he just there to give pep talks while being relatable cos he’s young? Gets to travel all over the world with the club and probably gets expensive gifts from his football mates.

Because bro…I’ll do the job for a quarter of the salary ffs.
If you read his story you’ll realise you have a lot of work to do to get his skill set. Young man has dedicated himself to his profession and holds a UEFA pro licence (£10k and 18 months work if you are interested - IF you can also get a club to take you on) and has experience at top clubs. Easy to trash him because of his age.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

If you read his story you’ll realise you have a lot of work to do to get his skill set. Young man has dedicated himself to his profession and holds a UEFA pro licence (£10k and 18 months work if you are interested - IF you can also get a club to take you on) and has experience at top clubs. Easy to trash him because of his age.
Sorry I was just joking, won’t do it again.

Farzad Stoned

I mean no one is saying he did anything special. He came 5th with the 5th highest wage bill (admittedly utd is in there and we really should ignore them so you could argue he came 5th with the 4th highest wage bill). He was at/around par which is all we’re saying, but obviously the way it ended has given a lot of us some pretty deep trauma. The wage bill of the young squad could very explode if we do well. But that would mean we did well, so it’s a “nice problem to have”. I’m happy to have a huge wage bill if we win the league! In reality though I imagine we’ll sell some of our stars for big bucks before we have to put them on enormous wages. At least that’s what happened under Arsène but admittedly the financial circumstances of the club were different then…
I don’t care frankly about Kroenke’s money the guy can pop a few hundred million down and not even know it’s missing. But whenever Arteta gets criticized for failing to perform after the financial backing, this wage bill nonsense is brought up like we are Leeds or some crap. The wage bill again is very high for a thin and young squad. And it is set to explode because of that youth and we need additional players. Arteta is there to win trophies not save Kroenke money, if he was running for CPA of the year he gets credit for saving Kroenke money but he is supposed to be a manager and not accountant. For the money he spends and the time we got we need trophies Mik no one gives a toss about Kroenke saving money he won’t miss.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom