• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Sancho & Beyblade are also overpaid like hell. I don't care where they buy a player from tbf. They're mercinaries anyways. Don't care is we buy from Chelsea or a random German team. The only thing where you have got a point is the mentally broken player we bought. But it's our job to give him that confidence back, and that is by playing time.

I'm not even 100% sure it will work out in the end, but I can only hope he'll improve. Heck, I even wanted to trust Willian when we bought hime and I was never a fan of that player... If he still plays like this at this time next season, I'll qualify him as a failure.
You don’t care we gave Chelsea Caicedo money early in window? You don’t care we could of just bought an actual midfielder for 65 million? Ok then you and Mik have same strategic sense and continue having faith in him.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

What's funny is in 15 or so years we're probably all going to be complaining about the current manager / state of the club and be looking back nostalgically on this era of title challenging and spending big money under Arteta, wishing we could go back to it :lol:

Never. I’m being a good boy and waiting patiently but I am over this era of 30-50 mil cbs and gks every window I am very tired and it’s not for me.

I don’t think title challenges get remembered that deeply unless you really resonated with the squad/manager or it was missed by a gerrard slip type of event.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
You don’t care we gave Chelsea Caicedo money early in window? You don’t care we could of just bought an actual midfielder for 65 million? Ok then you and Mik have same strategic sense and continue having faith in him.
Not really no. Caiceido hasn't really been that good atm too.

They didn't only sell Havertz. End even without our involvement, they would have gotten the money anyways with all the sales they have done.

It's all part of the strategy and understanding we have with Brighton now We gave the money to Chelsea, so they can rob Chelsea in clear daylight for Caiceido and in the end we can have a discount for their next star sale (Mitoma / Ferguson).

Farzad Stoned

Not really no. Caiceido hasn't really been that good atm too.

They didn't only sell Havertz. End even without our involvement, they would have gotten the money anyways with all the sales they have done.

It's all part of the strategy and understanding we have with Brighton now We gave the money to Chelsea, so they can rob Chelsea in clear daylight for Caiceido and in the end we can have a discount for their next star sale (Mitoma / Ferguson).

Oh great we got to rely on your faith and Mik’s super strategic sense where he is buying expensive cr.p non midfielders from rivals to steal some other future transfer.

As i said at beginning of this debacle. Find one other time in European transfer history a rival bought a multiyear flop, made him one of highest paid players, to switch his position. Oh yeah remember when Barca bought Robinho from Madrid to make him a fullback? Oh yeah no one has ever pulled this exact form of football buffoonery but Mik.

Mik and ETH should not even be allowed to give a name; they both stink at it; Mik historically so.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
What's funny is in 15 or so years we're probably all going to be complaining about the current manager / state of the club and be looking back nostalgically on this era of title challenging and spending big money under Arteta, wishing we could go back to it :lol:

I think now we're probably entering the era where we should be able to sell most of our squad for pretty decent fees if we wish to, bar Cedric and maybe Lokonga.

Obviously that will rely on Arteta keeping their values up and Edu being competent at negotiating deals.
I think Ramsdale will be a good indicator of where we're at on that front. If he doesn't become our highest ever sale, I'll be really unhappy.

It's going to be interesting seeing how the nostalgia will pan out. Think more people (young fans mostly) would have more time/some more fondness for Graham if he made it longer into the modern era. We would have a lot more pressers, etc. to bring up.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Honestly the only guys upset are English keepers, OnlyOne and albino.

I think many welcome competition and are quite happy at the prospect of a Ramsdale upgrade his decline was noticeable.

What remains to be seen I guess is how much we manage to sell Rambo for.

In an ideal world Raya happened earlier in the window and we would have had time to sell Ramsdale. I’m worried we might not get peak value now. Let’s see anyway. Boehly fkn owes us and they could do with Ramsdale.

Farzad Stoned

Honestly the only guys upset are English keepers, OnlyOne and albino.

I think many welcome competition and are quite happy at the prospect of a Ramsdale upgrade, his decline was noticeable.
Doesn’t that unfortunately reflect the fan’s opinions of Ramsdale’s recent performances? Very few fans did anything but cheer the change. This doesn’t mean Raya is the answer, but Ramsdale’s form dropped off a great deal last year and he didn’t dispel those feelings with his early performances

El Duderino

Never. I’m being a good boy and waiting patiently but I am over this era of 30-50 mil cbs and gks every window I am very tired and it’s not for me.

I don’t think title challenges get remembered that deeply unless you really resonated with the squad/manager or it was missed by a gerrard slip type of event.

You need to have a larger than life character, be it players or manager, to be remembered without winning anything, at least at a top club like Arsenal.

But then again, I can see the future of nostalgia merchantry discussions being "that team had an xG of 2.49" and I'm already bored just thinking about it.

El Duderino

In an ideal world Raya happened earlier in the window and we would have had time to sell Ramsdale. I’m worried we might not get peak value now. Let’s see anyway. Boehly fkn owes us and they could do with Ramsdale.

Unless we sneaked in an obligation to buy that isn't contingent on Arsenal's word in activating the clause or on Raya decing to sign for us, there's always a chance someone swoops in and turns his head.

Rambo's back to n.1 then.

We'll see how of a fuss his agent kicks up anyway. Ramsdale knows that if he throws a fit publically (not through his agent), he's exiled to Marseille.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You need to have a larger than life character, be it players or manager, to be remembered without winning anything, at least at a top club like Arsenal.

But then again, I can see the future of nostalgia merchantry discussions being "that team had an xG of 2.49" and I'm already bored just thinking about it.
“Streets won’t forget how the 2023-24 Arsenal side average a 77% field tilt”

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

It's going to be interesting seeing how the nostalgia will pan out. Think more people (young fans mostly) would have more time/some more fondness for Graham if he made it longer into the modern era. We would have a lot more pressers, etc. to bring up.

Yeah, it's weird. There was only 3 years between Graham leaving and Arsène winning his first title. It feels almost like different eras in management terms though.

Really Grahams DNA was still in the early Arsène sides. That backline was of his making. He deserves a fair bit of credit there, even if Arsène got a bit more out of them offensively. Graham made them the amazing defensive unit they were.

I only caught the final couple of years of his reign as a kid. I don't think he'd have done well with all the interviews and social media stuff though, too old school and stern for the modern age.

A manager to be respected more than liked I think. Some may say the same of Arteta though.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Earlier in the window Brentford demanded 40 million pounds from Tottenham. That's 10 million saved.

There is also value in having two great #1 level keepers when pushing for a title. Last season Ramsdale played a few weeks with a broken knuckle, because Turner wasn't good enough with his feet. Injuries can always happen.

Raya was also a bargain so this was the time to get him, and Ramsdale was extended so he also has a long contract, which protects his value.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You guys are falling into the trap I used to :lol:

It's Trax, he's not going to change and he's actually a good poster.

Just think of him as protecting Arsène's legacy. I don't even think he hates Arteta for what it's worth. Just has to subtly remind us every now and then that Arsène did it better.
Thanks bro, you’re not so bad yourself despite living in a place where fruit machines count towards your five a day.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

I watched the match in the pub last night with my brothers step son and his mates.

They were all xG'ing and looking up stats on Twitter and Sky Bet etc as it was going on. Whereas I just put my phone down and watch the match.

Weird how things like that change over the generations.

El Duderino

I watched the match in the pub last night with my brothers step son and his mates.

They were all xG'ing and looking up stats on Twitter and Sky Bet etc as it was going on. Whereas I just put my phone down and watch the match.

- "Yeah, I loved that era of football, some really good players. Player x was a favorite of mine, they way he glided on the pit--

- "AKSHUALLY *fixes glasses and opens up a spredsheet on his phone*, player X only had 2.2 attempted runs a match, hardly call it "gliding""

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Raya was also a bargain so this was the time to get him, and Ramsdale was extended so he also has a long contract, which protects his value.

If you’re actively looking to sell and everyone knows it, the fact that it’s a long contract is neither here nor there. At that point it just comes down to how much interest there is.

Keeping both of them on the books long term if Arteta intends on only playing 1 of them for 90% of games is insanity.

Pulp

Tbf, I was enjoying the match even more when I learnt that PSV was 26 games unbeaten before going to the Emirates last night

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The only annoyance I see was in some of you when Trax reminded everybody Arteta’s goalkeeper churn :lol:
Lol. I could write Arteta‘s doing a fantastic job and it’d get reinterpreted as Arsène‘s better than Arteta by a country mile. :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

If you’re actively looking to sell and everyone knows it, the fact that it’s a long contract is neither here nor there. At that point it just comes down to how much interest there is.

Keeping both of them on the books long term if Arteta intends on only playing 1 of them for 90% of games is insanity.
Ramsdale’s only on 60K a week apparently, which possibly offsets any potential drop in sales value. When you look at the salaries they seem devoid of logic. Havertz on £280K a week, Martinelli and Trossard on a third of that. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom