• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
In 4 years we’ve spent £63M across the front 3 on two players. Am I right in saying that? Jesus and Trossard.

No title winning club relies on two 22 year olds to be the match winners by the way.

Whilst we’ve absolutely nailed the defence and to some extent, the midfield, we desperately need two players to take the burden off of Saka/Nelli and let them ****ing develop

Except our fullbacks are garbage. Should have never let go of Tierney. Tomy is great can’t be relied on. White has lost a lot of form. Zinny no joke gets done once or twice a match. Our CBs are great, the starters. Everywhere else our defense has holes

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

How do we keep buying players and spending loads of money yet are still short of a couple of world class players and still a thin squad with no rotation options , especially in forward areas.

bad squad management. If you look at Liverpool no one says oh they started Elliot instead of Jones or Szobozlai. Klopp uses his squad and by playing and rotating no one thinks one player for another is huge downgrade. With Arteta players like Jorginho, esr, vieira, Nelson, nketiah play only when his hand is forced. He has created zero competition and Martinelli starts week in week out despite his performance. So Nelson comes in 25 mins and is expected to perform after not playing for ages and by next we back to Martinelli because Nelson didn’t take his chance. That’s why it feels we have thinner squad than our rivals.

Farzad Stoned

Tired of clueless people blaming the change to a more control based football style this season. It's so far from the truth.

The reality is Jesus is not the same after his multiple knee injuries, Martinelli has been largely poor, Saka is out of form the past games, Ødegaard's long shots aren't the weapon they were last season and Trossard has been poor since Arteta dropped him for Eddie in the first game of the season.
Besides that Arteta doesn't trust any other attacking player besides Eddie. Maybe he got a point maybe not. It's hard to judge since they play so little.

Our attacking players are just worse in the box compared to last season. We still create enough chances every game to leave the pitch as winners.
I disagree we don’t create a lot of chances. I grew up on Arsène, even a bad Wenger team created way more chances. Maybe i smoke good weed but we create 3-5 chances a match in 90 percent of matches

Farzad Stoned

bad squad management. If you look at Liverpool no one says oh they started Elliot instead of Jones or Szobozlai. Klopp uses his squad and by playing and rotating no one thinks one player for another is huge downgrade. With Arteta players like Jorginho, esr, vieira, Nelson, nketiah play only when his hand is forced. He has created zero competition and Martinelli starts week in week out despite his performance. So Nelson comes in 25 mins and is expected to perform after not playing for ages and by next we back to Martinelli because Nelson didn’t take his chance. That’s why it feels we have thinner squad than our rivals.
El Neny, Viera, and Eddie almost certainly can not play a minute for City or Lfc

Xln

I rAtE aNgE !
Bro, he went ape sh.t. It is like 4th or 5th time how long can i let racist cracks slide? In America he who snitches first gets paid.

Ps it isn’t like a minor infraction if i send you the DM
Nah it's ok I can imagine it. I already got a minor infraction today cause I flamed Arteta. Was fuming with him not putting on ESR.

Rattata

True but I also think it's down to our recruitment for squad players not being good enough. Signings like Vieira, Lokonga and Tavares are incredibly poor. That's 70m wasted for nothing. If we are lucky we get 20m combined for them if we sell them.
Also Arteta ignoring the academy is an issue. Players like Walters, Sousa, Duberry, MLS and Nwaneri would've already received minutes under someone like Wenger.

Xln

I rAtE aNgE !
Wait, are you coming over to the dark side? Don’t blame me i told you he was w.nker
I'm neutral on him but the football is just unbearable to watch sometimes. Though today it's against West Ham who really don't care about football as well so whatever but if we keep watching this crap might as well stop watching.

Farzad Stoned

I'm neutral on him but the football is just unbearable to watch sometimes. Though today it's against West Ham who really don't care about football as well so whatever but if we keep watching this crap might as well stop watching.
European club football is dying a bunch of track stars and weightlifters masquerading where artists used to reign

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

True but I also think it's down to our recruitment for squad players not being good enough. Signings like Vieira, Lokonga and Tavares are incredibly poor. That's 70m wasted for nothing. If we are lucky we get 20m combined for them if we sell them.
Also Arteta ignoring the academy is an issue. Players like Walters, Sousa, Duberry, MLS and Nwaneri would've already received minutes under someone like Wenger.
Agree. He has few redeeming qualities which is why I would move him on in the summer unless he wins the league. But he will be here and his overall spending will be over a billion and still not win anything big

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Club has been more than generous with him in allocating both massive funds & the time needed to impress.

After 4 years, all he has to show for it is 1 FA Cup & two failed title challenges. He's not as good as either Pep or Klopp to see it to the end.

Club should sack him in the summer & do all it can to court Xabi Alonso here. No doubt he'd love show up his old mate how it should be done.

Exactly. He is not like Poch who can’t sign players he want. He has been given not only a lot of funds. But full control of signings. He spent 170 million on midfield alone in the summer and most people here would say we short in midfield. Either title or sack

Farzad Stoned

Exactly. He is not like Poch who can’t sign players he want. He has been given not only a lot of funds. But full control of signings. He spent 170 million on midfield alone in the summer and most people here would say we short in midfield. Either title or sack
Short every where. Short in midfield, short of fullbacks, dodgy keeper, no striker, and no bench; literally if every big club wasn’t down we would be nowhere near top of league. Where did the money go?

Haphazard

Tired of clueless people blaming the change to a more control based football style this season. It's so far from the truth.

The reality is Jesus is not the same after his multiple knee injuries, Martinelli has been largely poor, Saka is out of form the past games, Ødegaard's long shots aren't the weapon they were last season and Trossard has been poor since Arteta dropped him for Eddie in the first game of the season.
Besides that Arteta doesn't trust any other attacking player besides Eddie. Maybe he got a point maybe not. It's hard to judge since they play so little.

Our attacking players are just worse in the box compared to last season. We still create enough chances every game to leave the pitch as winners.
Haven't we been doing much better on xg too?

The system change is frustrating but poor form of the forwards will make any system unable to work.

We need to have a good window in Jan while we are still in the title race otherwise it will slip away pretty fast because I expect City to go on an insane run in the 2nd half of the season.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Eh, this was always coming. Most of us has been saying that for the whole season. We are more than lucky with many of our wins, grinding out single goal victory and hanging on for our lives at the final whistle. Just because we won many people forget or forgive those performances.

Fact is, even at the best part of last season, we don't really have much combination play. Most of our goals came from individual quality and set pieces. This season the individual quality has dropped so most of our goals came from set pieces or penalties. It's not sustainable. We don't pressure or pepper opponent goalies forcing them saves after saves, we control and be patient, but sometimes can go an entire half without making the opponent goalie touch the ball at all.

People talk about xG and field tilt nonsense but most of our xG comes from penalties which bump it up massively and we survive a lot of counters because of the quality of Rice Saliba and Gabriel.

Our tactics is much better suited to the european football where we can get much more space.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 26

Talks have taken place between Marcus Rashford and Mikel Arteta [AFCamden]

Nothing is decided between Arsenal and Emile Smith Rowe [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom