• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You could the stats at half time that Chelsea started having more possession than us after Jorginho came on. Like I said, the writing was on the wall the whole time.
Agree but really it's not like they were doing something more sideways passing the problem we have nobody on bench to able to change something willock pepe all like to like subs

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Agree but really it's not like they were doing something more sideways passing the problem we have nobody on bench to able to change something willock pepe all like to like subs
At the same time you don't just sit back and hope for the best, because you have clowns in your team who can make a howler at any time.
They tired quickly and didn't have anything left in the tank for the second half, while also not having a creative spark because Özil and Pepe were both on the bench.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
At the same time you don't just sit back and hope for the best, because you have clowns in your team who can make a howler at any time.
They tired quickly and didn't have anything left in the tank for the second half, while also not having a creative spark because Özil and Pepe were both on the bench.
I don't we have other choice tho you see the moment we open up and tried for winner we got punched in face

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I hope Arteta assesses our squad this half year and sells the dross like Mustafi, Sokratis, Lacazette and then some.

Looking at the squad in thinking we need a RB, as I'm not convinced by Bellerin and Maitland Niles. A CB if we sell Sokratis and Mustafi (even if we get Saliba next season), a midfield overhaul since Xhaka and Ceballos won't be here and Willock and Guendouzi aren't PL starting material yet, and preferably a forward/10 in the mold of Ziyech that can play behind Auba or on the wings.

If the board backs Mikel I'm expecting a top three finish next year.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I have issues with the way he approached the game yesterday:

1. You know the team isn't physically fit to keep the press game going for a long period of time and you still go with it, basically shooting your load quickly and then having the girl never answer your texts back.
What's the point of scoring early if you know the team is uncapable of holding onto a lead because the defense is so calamitous?

2. You see Lampard taking out Emerson after his mistake that lead to the goal and change the formation with 15 minutes left in the first half, yet you don't adapt in any way when you see your team lose steam and sitting deep trying to defend. One of the commentators in my country kept saying that Arsenal isn't going to last long and he was right. The writing was on the wall for everyone to see.

3. You have a dangerous player on the bench for which a lot of money was spent and you start Nelson, who stays on the pitch until the 85th minute?!

The only positive thing I've seen was that aggressive press and a little more intent when going forward, but it certainly didn't last long, did it?
So far, Arteta seems like a bit more aggressive Emery. He basically makes the same mistakes as him.
First he took out Özil and the midfield went back to the stone age from a creative pov, to which Lampard and co. said "Thank you very much!" and then continued to leave Pepe out of the game in favor of Nelson, who didn't do anything.

I don't understand how you sit back and watch the team trying to soak pressure when you know for a fact that we have one of the worst defenses in the league. At least try to outscore your opponent until you can fix the issue to some degree.
He let Chelsea ride us like a pony for 60 minutes and that is a sign of someone who doesn't have any answers.
To be fair Lampard seems to be very good tactically away from home. He some how has out thought Mourinho & Bielsa let alone two games in Arteta. They are ranked 13th at home & 2nd away.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If sitting deep and letting the opposition have the ball and pin us down for 70 minutes at home is part of Arteta's tactical plans, then I'm very concerned.
Think it was just fitness. I’m not even super optimistic about Arteta but tired legs will ruin any game plan. For now I’ll give the benefit of the doubt.

It’s true that Chelsea made changes that gave them more control but we still didn’t give them much. We also had many attacks break down towards the end due to lack of athleticism as the game went on.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Saka also comes out praising mikel after auba and luiz. This really good sign he been here for less than 2 weeks and players already loving what they see
Saka made some daft comments though,
"Maybe one thing that I've picked up straight away is that when nobody's pressing you, you don't need to pass the ball. What you can do is just get the ball, drive the ball forward a bit and wait for someone to come to you, commit a player, then pass it.

Then that man will be free or that man will have less pressure on him. It's just attracting players before you pass the ball off, which will help our team-mates a lot on the pitch."

You needed Mikel for this mate? Link below.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-starlet-bukayo-saka-explains-21185779

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Saka made some daft comments though -

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-starlet-bukayo-saka-explains-21185779

Saw that bum DaG on Twitter call Saka an idiot and what not for these comments.

Nothing wrong with what he said. He's just a kid. Caught of guard in an interview, he has to say something, and this is what he came up with, bu-hu.

Besides he's just describing what Arteta has told them to do - is our manager an idiot as well if this is such common knowledge?

This is bread and butter to the way Arteta wants us to play and as he has repeatedly said, he wants the basics right first.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Still quite optimistic about what I've seen from Mikel. The organization, pressing, remotivation of Xhaka and Özil, all hugely positive considering short period with him. Leno's calamity and having to bring on Mustafi would kill any manager.

Having Bellerin and Tierney back will help (if they ever manage to stay fit) but curious if board will back him to replace Mustafi. If Xhaka leaves will also need replacing - not easy in January ...

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Nothing wrong with what he said. He's just a kid. Caught of guard in an interview, he has to say something, and this is what he came up with, bu-hu.

Besides he's just describing what Arteta has told them to do - is our manager an idiot as well if this is such common knowledge?

This is bread and butter to the way Arteta wants us to play and as he has repeatedly said, he wants the basics right first.
Seen it too, and wanted to differ than what was made out on Twitter with sarcastic comments about him being a straight A student. I just find it perplexing that something so universal and obvious in football from sunday league and beyond is something that he used to describe Arteta ball and praise him.

Furious

Seen it too, and wanted to differ than what was made out on Twitter with sarcastic comments about him being a straight A student. I just find it perplexing that something so universal and obvious in football from sunday league and beyond is something that he used to describe Arteta ball and praise him.

Mate, he's 18. Caught in a boring interview when he rather would wanna be home playing Fifa. Context is needed here.

Besides Arteta's been here for 5 minutes. There's a limit to how much he could improve them. He had to say something.

Pepes blue pill

Saka made some daft comments though,

Its not that daft, maybe not perfectly worded but there are tonnes of pros that would rather get rid of the ball when its best for themselves and not when its best for their teammates or the team, alonso was an amazing play to watch, inviting players in so he could play the pass at the perfect time for his teammate and not himself, henderson was the opposite for a long time

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

Here’s Baldiola telling the same thing to his players.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E-LpuWW2JLo

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Mate, he's 18. Caught in a boring interview when he rather would wanna be home playing Fifa. Context is needed here.

Besides Arteta's been here for 5 minutes. There's a limit to how much he could improve them. He had to say something.
Good points, often forget how young some of these kids are. I'm not going to make it out as if I would be Einstein answering at 18 but thought it was strange, that's all.

Furious

Here’s Baldiola telling the same thing to his players.

Yeah exactly. Think AMN has looked way better with this in mind, and we have in general seen more 1-2's in the last two games, especially from his right side.

Hope Bellerin picks this up too. :lol: the amount of time he just passes back to the CB, since he lost his fearlessness, is infuriating.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah exactly. Think AMN has looked way better with this in mind, and we have in general seen more 1-2's in the last two games, especially from his right side.

Hope Bellerin picks this up too. :lol: the amount of time he just passes back to the CB, since he lost his fearlessness, is infuriating.

He seems to have lost a good bit of pace as well....

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Under Wenger and through the academy players were tought to pass and move, pass and move. Few touches and quick release of the ball.

Under Emery I have no clue what players were taught.

Its seems Arteta is asking something different from Saka than he is used to.
That's what I'm worrying how bad the communication and set up was during his 18 months as this seems so elementary...

I mean I'm glad it's happening now, just mind boggling that this was neglected in Unai's regime and going to take a lot of work to undo some of his structure or lack thereof.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom