• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

GDeep™

League is very weak
No it doesn't. History celebrates the fights and the oh so nearly-s too.
Not really. We don’t talk or celebrate Wenger coming 2nd to Ferguson by 1 point do we? In football nobody remembers 2nd place.

We don’t celebrate “reaching” a European Final for the first time do we? We cry about losing it.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Not really. We don’t talk or celebrate Wenger coming 2nd to Ferguson by 1 point do we? In football nobody remembers 2nd place.

We don’t celebrate “reaching” a European Final for the first time do we? We cry about losing it.
Yeah but in future if one of our teams win more than 27 games, this team will be remembered atleast once and appreciated for its good work.

Menard

Think it's worth mentioning that people attribute these kinds of extremely cautious and conservative performances to being by Arteta's design, but going back a few seasons now he's almost always critical of the team for not being brave enough or progressive enough postgame. In fact I'm pretty sure that during the Amazon special season there was a game where we similarly stopped playing after taking the lead, and everyone attributed it at the time to Mikel telling the team to shut up shop, but in the documentary we saw Arteta reaming the players at full time for playing like that.

Obviously he's the manager so ultimately the buck stops with him as to how we perform etc etc but I doubt it was Arteta's direct instruction to play so negatively. There were multiple times in both halves where either a line breaking pass or ball behind was on and the player in possession opted just to play it safe and sideways or just lump it to no one.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It’s kind of frustrating that Man City have built this PL title hoovering team built off the back of financial doping which makes it so even if you’re a top side (like we’ve been this season and Liverpool in previous years), it’s still not enough.

You need to be class for like 4 years to win 1 PL title with this boring machine called Man City sucking all the life out of the game.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
It was pretty shocking how uncomfortable we looked today. I hope it was due to sitting back when the players really wanted to go for it because I don't have any other guesses. We expect the usual suspects to look comical at times (Havertz, Partey) but this was everybody except the back line. Even Benny was getting cooked by Garnacho and he's lucky this guy is horrendous with the ball but he did have good recoveries and overall played well. Our midfield and our attackers were shockingly bad against a horrible side.

Bucephalus

We don't celebrate reaching a European Final for the first time. And we don't cry about losing it. We celebrate playing Barca with 10 men for a good long time and getting so damned close.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
This team has more points than our 02/03 team, which had prime Vieira, Sol, Cole, Pires, and not to mention a Balon d'or level performing player in Henry. Actually pretty mental. And before anyone mentions how much stronger the league allegedly was back then, that was the season James Beattie banged in 23 league goals :lol:
And that 02/03 team was probably better than the Invincibles. That it bottled the league was astonishing, I think it was comfortably the most talented of Arsène's time in England.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

How is this a clown statement it’s the literal truth. Objectively this team has made history people will grasp at everything and anything to hate on this guy. Weirdos on this forum

It's not hate, there is just a reason we still talking about Mike Tyson or Ali and not Klitschko. Just a bit arrogant over nothing.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
I don’t know what you’re talking about.

The question was asked about Neville’s prediction at the start of the season - he predicted Arsenal.
I don't even know what Gary Neville was talking about about.
He has no credibility to talk about Arsenal.
None.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

And that 02/03 team was probably better than the Invincibles. That it bottled the league was astonishing, I think it was comfortably the most talented of Arsène's time in England.

It didn't help that Viduka was allowed to be about 10 yards offside and still score.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Latest posts

Top Bottom