• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
It's true though...of the games we lost it was tight margins. Our issue has been creativity and scoring goals.

Isn't that the problem? Artetaball is focused on winning on tight margins. Regardless if it's Slavia Prague or Man City.

That's the mentality we need to shift away from if we want to be a big club.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He shouldn't be given no credit for Saka whatsoever.

If it wasn't for Unai believing in Bukayo, he'd be on the bench behind nelson and willian.

Because the bellend is clueless.
I wouldn't give him credit for ESR either. Chucked him in as a last role of the dice against Chelsea. If he hadn't played so well in that game he'd be keeping Nelson company in the stands by now.

TinFish

We still have the 4th best defensive record in the league. Only Chelsea, Man City, and Man U have better defensive records than we do. At least we have a solid foundation built we just need to score more and i'm sure we'll be firing on all cylinders providing we have a bit of luck on the transfer front. Considering Arteta is a so called 'rookie' I can see we have improved tactically. We were one of the poorest tactical teams in the league for a very long time IMO even under Wenger. None of you can deny we look solid defensively this season.
Bollocks. This is because of Mickeys conservative football nature. Pass it in the back for 80 minutes and then try pick it up a bit for the final 10.

The man is the cu.ck of managers. Too scared to show any ambition to win a game and would rather draw/narrowly lose to avoid the media pressure.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
Anyway: Artetas statements remind me of Emerys clumsy attempts to defend our boring football during the end of his time at the club. Its desperate nonsense from someone who is under pressure.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

This is the problem with 3/4 of the forum. They all have agendas and won't budge from them. Certain moderators bashing goalkeepers we've sold while ignoring the one we have letting balls go through his ****ing legs, posters burying their heads in the sand over managers, people bashing players every game even if they play well etc. You can't get any joy out of football, or anything for that matter, with attitudes like that.

Oh shut the **** up moaning.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Bollocks. This is because of Mickeys conservative football nature. Pass it in the back for 80 minutes and then try pick it up a bit for the final 10.

The man is the cu.ck of managers. Too scared to show any ambition to win a game and would rather draw/narrowly lose to avoid the media pressure.
He's trying to get the players to control posession. Man City play the same along with many other clubs now. Teams want their players to play out the back.

Bar the Liverpool and Man City games, we controlled posession well but didn't have enough creativity and didn't punish teams when we had the chances. Arsenal for years have been laughed at for our poor defensive displays. Why not build from the back (which we have done) and create a solid foundation for us to build upon.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Isn't that the problem? Artetaball is focused on winning on tight margins. Regardless if it's Slavia Prague or Man City.

That's the mentality we need to shift away from if we want to be a big club.
We needed to work on our defensive strucutre. We have been crap for years defensively. We have finally looked quite solid this season and i'll say again, currently, only Man City Chelsea and Man Utd have a better defensive record than we do...

TinFish

He's trying to get the players to control posession. Man City play the same along with many other clubs now. Teams want their players to play out the back.
Bar the Liverpool and Man City games, we controlled posession well but didn't have enough creativity and didn't punish teams when we had the chances. Arsenal for years have been laughed at for our poor defensive displays. Why not build from the back (which we have done) and create a solid foundation for us to build upon.
I would have agreed with you but these performances have been happening all season now. He hasn't changed a thing apart from a false 9 on the biggest game of the season.

Despite having a so called good defensive record, I would go as far to say our defenders are horrible (apart from Tierney) and the rest of the backline needs a massive upgrade.

Latest posts

Top Bottom