• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
3 home games and the 2 away games being Brighton and Burnley, not exactly fortresses. You are right we need to get a good haul of points from this set of fixtures. Unfortunately what I think will happen is we will pick up just about enough points that will keep uncle Mikel afloat (say about 9 points) while still losing ground to the top 4/top 6.
You might be right.. I just want us to win matches though. Let the manager situation take care of itself. Whatever else happens, we need to smash Burnley next. No excuses, we've got a full strength team, a week to prepare, we should be winning this next match. They look awful on paper as well.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
3 home games and the 2 away games being Brighton and Burnley, not exactly fortresses. You are right we need to get a good haul of points from this set of fixtures. Unfortunately what I think will happen is we will pick up just about enough points that will keep uncle Mikel afloat (say about 9 points) while still losing ground to the top 4/top 6.
You just know Arteta would survive with 4 points. The bar for Arteta is set at the bottom of the ocean under the wreck of the titanic.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Clearly something going on. Maybe club is giving them access and they don’t want to lose it.
It’s this pretty much. Amy Lawrence is clearly over Arteta and day dreaming about Vieira, but James McNicholas and Ornstein are fighting for the process like their lives depend on it.

As for the next few games, Arteta definitely doesn’t need double digit points to survive. Prob 6?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
You just know Arteta would survive with 4 points. The bar for Arteta is set at the bottom of the ocean under the wreck of the titanic.
He probably would. It's just so surreal. In this ruthless, cutthroat world of top level management where even well established successful managers are a bad run away from the sack Arteta somehow seems to be in the most secure job in the world.

He brings strange feeling out of me. I'm usually very supportive of Arsenal managers. Really want them to succeed and am usually very patient with them. Even with Emery I was one of the last ones to turn. But with Arteta for the first time ever I have started to resent a current Arsenal manager. I don't know what is happening to me and I don't like thinking this way. Also for the first time I'm not that bothered if I miss a game.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The sad thing is that the Titanic would come to the surface long before Arteta's sense of honour compels him to realize he's in way over his head 🤣

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

If Arteta was captain of the titanic the board would still be patiently waiting for it to arrive at its destination. Trust the process it just needs more time.

"He uttered those words, callously from the safety of the lifeboat, as he gave a parting look to a ship once thought unsinkable.

Steve Round, shackled to the helm, salutes his courageous captain from afar, taking solace that he will sail again by some divine providence."

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

The line about Arsenal competing for the premier leagye title with Arteta should've been the first clue that this wasn't a tweet about football but all about @nonewthing plugging his new Dark Fantasy novel 🤣

It gets to the point that you just have to stop paying attention to the nonsense.

Again a good parallel is Lampard. I'm sure there were people eulogising his achievements. He did get top 4 with the squad I should mention.

But sometimes when you've got to make so many excuses for a manager maybe the guy just isn't good enough?

It was the same for Lampard and that's how I feel with Arteta.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Agree, bare minimum of 10 points, expectation of 12 points. There's not many easy teams this year but we need to start stringing together some wins now.

He needs to get a run of wins going, because the fixture list this season is not really kind and with only one game a week it won't be forgiving either. You get 1d 2ls and you're sitting on thst form for three weeks, more if there's an international break.

With the nld on the horizon, he just might not have the luxury of fielding his strongest in the league cup if he doesn't get a result at Burnley.

An injury At Wimbledon and he's back to playing Kola as a CB ir something at the toilet stadium.

TinFish

Looking at our upcoming fixtures.

Burnley- Away.
Sp**s- Home.
Brighton- Away.
Crystal Palace- Home.
Aston Villa- Home.

Decent-ish spell you'd expect 12 points.
Absolute bare minimum for me is 10 points.
I think we will realistically get 7 points from this.

Bare minimum 10 points I agree. But this is the Arsenal.

Haphazard

He probably would. It's just so surreal. In this ruthless, cutthroat world of top level management where even well established successful managers are a bad run away from the sack Arteta somehow seems to be in the most secure job in the world.

He brings strange feeling out of me. I'm usually very supportive of Arsenal managers. Really want them to succeed and am usually very patient with them. Even with Emery I was one of the last ones to turn. But with Arteta for the first time ever I have started to resent a current Arsenal manager. I don't know what is happening to me and I don't like thinking this way. Also for the first time I'm not that bothered if I miss a game.
I think it's multiple things

With Emery even though he failed in his overall objective of getting us back in the CL he at least kept us competitive in the EL. Plus he was a manager with pedigree who has won multiple European trophies and has a track record (whether good or bad) but despite the issues he had he never came across as arrogant and the media were not kind to him, he gave starts to the likes of Saka ,ESR and Guendouzi.

With Arteta it's an unearned arrogance almost, this is his first job, the football he plays is atrocious and he is actually record breaking bad. However what I think really annoys us fans is that he has his PR merchants defending him more than North Korean TV would Kim Jong Un . Despite 20 months of watching his Guantanamo Bay inspired football we are told there is a process in place and he just needs 5 transfer windows with over 250m on new signings.

Why was Emery , a manager far more accomplished than Arteta not given the same time and backing? By all accounts Emery wanted Partey,Zaha and Nkunku all 3 would immediately improve our starting 11. Yet we have Arteta spending 50m on a CB that can't aerially defend in the most physical league in the world but we are being told it's a master stroke.

His run last year should have seen him fired, 7 losses , 2 draws and 1 win would get even relegation candidate managers the sack however the fact that he didn't led to further frustrations with the club because it shows us the top management is not ambitious and is willing to just skate by while all our rivals strengthen.

We dislike Arteta because his tenure has shown us how unserious the club is with regards to improving, it's not just the man but the circumstances and situations that have taken place over the last 20 months that shows us how low we have fallen as a club.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It's actually madness how much this guy has made me just not give a sh*t about Arsenal. I'm just sat waiting for the day he is sacked so we can see someone else walk through the door and get this team playing good football.

People kept saying how they saw positive signs vs Norwich? I saw absolutely 0, it was the same old crap football with the luckiest goal at the end of it.

I tried doing the Burnley thread because I wanted to ask a poll question if you would take a loss right now knowing Arteta was sacked, I would.

TornadoTed

Established Member

With Emery even though he failed in his overall objective of getting us back in the CL he at least kept us competitive in the EL. Plus he was a manager with pedigree who has won multiple European trophies and has a track record (whether good or bad) but despite the issues he had he never came across as arrogant and the media were not kind to him, he gave starts to the likes of Saka ,ESR and Guendouzi.

With Arteta it's an unearned arrogance almost, this is his first job, the football he plays is atrocious and he is actually record breaking bad. However what I think really annoys us fans is that he has his PR merchants defending him more than North Korean TV would Kim Jong Un . Despite 20 months of watching his Guantanamo Bay inspired football we are told there is a process in place and he just needs 5 transfer windows with over 250m on new signings.

Why was Emery , a manager far more accomplished than Arteta not given the same time and backing? By all accounts Emery wanted Partey,Zaha and Nkunku all 3 would immediately improve our starting 11. Yet we have Arteta spending 50m on a CB that can't aerially defend in the most physical league in the world but we are being told it's a master stroke.

His run last year should have seen him fired, 7 losses , 2 draws and 1 win would get even relegation candidate managers the sack however the fact that he didn't led to further frustrations with the club because it shows us the top management is not ambitious and is willing to just skate by while all our rivals strengthen.

We dislike Arteta because his tenure has shown us how unserious the club is with regards to improving, it's not just the man but the circumstances and situations that have taken place over the last 20 months that shows us how low we have fallen as a club.
Well said, it is absolutely baffling how a far superior manager wasn't backed and Mikel has been, just doesn't make sense.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Language barrier. They never took to Emery because the people running the club are not football people, but rather pure business people. Someone like Arteta impresses the hell out of them because he is master of empty pretty talk. They have for long time played the narrative Emery took the club way back and created so much mess it’s gonna take years to fix it. Even Edu was saying this. Lucky for them Emery is a gentleman and hasn’t said anything. Left with his dignity. In many ways I feel Arteta is our karma as a club

Haphazard

Language barrier. They never took to Emery because the people running the club are not football people, but rather pure business people. Someone like Arteta impresses the hell out of them because he is master of empty pretty talk. They have for long time played the narrative Emery took the club way back and created so much mess it’s gonna take years to fix it. Even Edu was saying this. Lucky for them Emery is a gentleman and hasn’t said anything. Left with his dignity. In many ways I feel Arteta is our karma as a club

Absolutely I actually feel Arteta does have the potential to be a good coach/manager one day but he has 0 experience and this should not have been his first job no matter how close he was to Pep. Hell even someone like Pep started with the Barcelona B team before becoming head coach.

Sadly we have 3 novices in their jobs and that produces a feedback loop of mediocrity where the standards slip. Even during the later Wenger years we should have made more governance changes, brought more football people in and have a system in place. Not setting that up produces haphazard decisions like the ones we see today.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I feel the Emery regime was going absolutely nowhere so it was right to sack him. Man might have been a good manager but he was not right for us. Who knew his replacement would be the illegitimate spawn of Satan?

scytheavatar

Established Member
Absolutely I actually feel Arteta does have the potential to be a good coach/manager one day but he has 0 experience and this should not have been his first job no matter how close he was to Pep. Hell even someone like Pep started with the Barcelona B team before becoming head coach.

Sadly we have 3 novices in their jobs and that produces a feedback loop of mediocrity where the standards slip. Even during the later Wenger years we should have made more governance changes, brought more football people in and have a system in place. Not setting that up produces haphazard decisions like the ones we see today.

We brought in highly qualified people like Raul and Mislintat in the latter Wenger years, and look at what happened in the end. This idea that we need people to protect us from the Kroenkes is a complete nonsense, ultimately the buck stops with them and they are the ones who determine the fate of the club.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom