• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why was Emery , a manager far more accomplished than Arteta not given the same time and backing? By all accounts Emery wanted Partey,Zaha and Nkunku all 3 would immediately improve our starting 11. Yet we have Arteta spending 50m on a CB that can't aerially defend in the most physical league in the world but we are being told it's a master stroke.
We all know why this is. Expectations of fans and the owners have dropped through he floor. People were hoping mad when Arsène couldn't beat all 4 richer teams, because they actually thought he could do it. Nobody really thought Emery could and they definitely know Arteta can't. 6th is his ceiling. That's why the fans aren't even mad now.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Watching Brugge compete and more against the most expensive team ever assembled last night just made me angry, a group of kids and rejects from bigger European Leagues thrown together can play like that (16 shots to 9) against that team and we have to put up with this coward constantly complaining about needing sackfuls of money to get the players who can play his tedious, slow, static, pointless football.
They played with pace, energy and purpose, compare that to our pathetic performances against the oil teams (City/Chelsea etc) ,we literally just stand around waiting to concede.

Honestly enough is enough, he's been here what two years?
The best part of £200m and we're worse than when he started, I mean at some point you have to wake up and smell the roses.
I'm starting up the Philippe Clement train, first stop Vampireslayerville.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Absolutely I actually feel Arteta does have the potential to be a good coach/manager one day but he has 0 experience and this should not have been his first job no matter how close he was to Pep. Hell even someone like Pep started with the Barcelona B team before becoming head coach.

Sadly we have 3 novices in their jobs and that produces a feedback loop of mediocrity where the standards slip. Even during the later Wenger years we should have made more governance changes, brought more football people in and have a system in place. Not setting that up produces haphazard decisions like the ones we see today.
I dont think he has the potential to be good manager. He doesnt have the social skills to deal with players nor is he one to take accountability for anything. I mean he always says I am responsible and then adds but and make excuses. Really hate his fake talk. He is probably the least human manager I ever seen.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Watching Brugge compete and more against the most expensive team ever assembled last night just made me angry, a group of kids and rejects from bigger European Leagues thrown together can play like that (16 shots to 9) against that team and we have to put up with this coward constantly complaining about needing sackfuls of money to get the players who can play his tedious, slow, static, pointless football.
They played with pace, energy and purpose, compare that to our pathetic performances against the oil teams (City/Chelsea etc) ,we literally just stand around waiting to concede.

The best part of £200m and we're worse than when he started, I mean at some point you have to wake up and smell the roses.

Sure hope PSG faulter so we can have a go at Potch.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Im sure there is a reason that Mikel is hyped as a great manager, im sure he have a good understanding of the game and can be a great manager. But its a resultsdriven business, and we are yet to see any improvements on the results of the Great Manager Emery. Its make or break time for out basque friend, i reckon. Follow me more on The Athletic for more compelling analysis and insights.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
It's actually madness how much this guy has made me just not give a sh*t about Arsenal. I'm just sat waiting for the day he is sacked so we can see someone else walk through the door and get this team playing good football.

People kept saying how they saw positive signs vs Norwich? I saw absolutely 0, it was the same old crap football with the luckiest goal at the end of it.

I tried doing the Burnley thread because I wanted to ask a poll question if you would take a loss right now knowing Arteta was sacked, I would.
The funniest part about being an Arsenal fan these days is arguing about agendas and moaning about the Arsenal linked journalists and bloggers being shills.

UpTheGunnerz

Im sure there is a reason that Mikel is hyped as a great manager, im sure he have a good understanding of the game and can be a great manager. But its a resultsdriven business, and we are yet to see any improvements on the results of the Great Manager Emery. Its make or break time for out basque friend, i reckon. Follow me more on The Athletic for more compelling analysis and insights.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Already said it though, I do believe Mikel can be a good /decent manager. He just needs to find his own ways instead of doing bad Guardiola tactics. Just be Mikel Arteta, not Pep MKII

UpTheGunnerz

Already said it though, I do believe Mikel can be a good /decent manager. He just needs to find his own ways instead of doing bad Guardiola tactics. Just be Mikel Arteta, not Pep MKII

Ye and this trend of newbs being appointed to top clubs needs to stop. Let Mikel work his way to the top from the bottom. Im seeing Osasuna - Rangers - Villarreal - Barcelona - Man City.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Arteta isn't very likeable and I thought that's how you judged things?

Taxi Driver

But only with the weight of overhead planes, rants, boycotts, protests and abuse on his back. The magic was sucked out of him.

Trax, correlation isn't causation, you know this. Wenger's decline could be due to any number of things and you can't prove which one was actually the main underlying cause of the slide down the table. It was probably a combination of factors, if anything. Now I'm not saying that the fan boycotts didn't have an effect at all, but you act as if this was the only one.

On that note, it's probably my last post about this topic, as this thread should be focused on the charlatan currently masquerading as Arsenal's manager, not on analysing our biggest legend's career.

myoldarsenal

I think it's multiple things

With Emery even though he failed in his overall objective of getting us back in the CL he at least kept us competitive in the EL. Plus he was a manager with pedigree who has won multiple European trophies and has a track record (whether good or bad) but despite the issues he had he never came across as arrogant and the media were not kind to him, he gave starts to the likes of Saka ,ESR and Guendouzi.

With Arteta it's an unearned arrogance almost, this is his first job, the football he plays is atrocious and he is actually record breaking bad. However what I think really annoys us fans is that he has his PR merchants defending him more than North Korean TV would Kim Jong Un . Despite 20 months of watching his Guantanamo Bay inspired football we are told there is a process in place and he just needs 5 transfer windows with over 250m on new signings.

Why was Emery , a manager far more accomplished than Arteta not given the same time and backing? By all accounts Emery wanted Partey,Zaha and Nkunku all 3 would immediately improve our starting 11. Yet we have Arteta spending 50m on a CB that can't aerially defend in the most physical league in the world but we are being told it's a master stroke.

His run last year should have seen him fired, 7 losses , 2 draws and 1 win would get even relegation candidate managers the sack however the fact that he didn't led to further frustrations with the club because it shows us the top management is not ambitious and is willing to just skate by while all our rivals strengthen.

We dislike Arteta because his tenure has shown us how unserious the club is with regards to improving, it's not just the man but the circumstances and situations that have taken place over the last 20 months that shows us how low we have fallen as a club.
This.

I'd really to know how Arteta has got such undying loyalty. Trust our idiotic ownership to give so much rope to a garbage manager. Chelsea sacked Lampard and got Tuchel. Liverpool sacked Rodgers and got Klopp.

We missed the boat with Klopp by hanging onto Wenger for too long and will keep missing the boat by having a clown in charge. If he had won titles you'd get the loyalty. He's done nothing except continuing to cement our place as a midtable joke.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
We should be finishing a minimum of 5th at our current level. We should be in the CL at least every other year as one of the City/Utd/Chelsea/Pool will suffer a loss of form and drop out. We should be looking to take 4th from Pool once the Klopp magic runs out. We should be building a team that could give us a good 4-5 years of challenging for the title like what Liverpool have with Klopp.

None of this looks possible with our current manager unless he’s suddenly going to start taking limitless pills and become someone else.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Brugge were so good yesterday and you could see it was the coaching. One of the best presses I can recall seeing and clear patterns of play when attacking.

You'd expect them to probably lose most of the games they'd play against PSG as player quality will eventually show but that just shows how badly Arteta is doing as we regularly dropped points to teams with less quality than us.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I dont like Pep, Guardiola, Klopp either but they are brilliant managers - i am sure Mikel can be one in the future too. Too much smoke, must be a fire.
I wouldn't be surprised if Mikel turns out to be a good manager tbh, it's just a shame that he's learning his trade with a team as big as us.

This is literally his team now and I've given him a generous target of 10 points from our next five games. I'm hoping his insane comments about having the best two weeks of his career means he's stumbled on something that actually works.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I'm hoping his insane comments about having the best two weeks of his career means he's stumbled on something that actually works.

This actually bothers me more than the results. I can understand that a club is doing a rebuild and a transition or whatever but saying **** like this publicly comes across as delusional. The one where he said you'd have to be blind to not see what we're building here is another one. Dude, just stfu and be a professional.

Top Bottom