• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I mean, you were the one saying against Burnley we actually did alright but that final ball was lacking in the attack, well the attack was spot on today?

Were Sp**s bad? Yes. Were we very good? Even more so.
Yh against Burnley we actually got to promising positions multiple times in the game against a team that were set up to defend against us. That’s what you need to break into the top 6/4.

Today we capitalised on mistakes and countered. Arteta is good at that, I already know this, the problem is you can’t do that against the majority of the teams in the league. Tbh we can’t even do it against City and Chelsea so who does that leave?

Long story short I just wanna see sustainable winning football. As soon as Sp**s regained even a little bit of composure we lost that second half and they weren’t good, they just weren’t awful. Enjoy the win dw about me.

LG10

Potter is not leaving Brighton now that the season is underway. Usual suspects desperate to find negatives I admire the perseverance. We’re only going to get better as the new players continue to adapt.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Literally, everyone is saying this is one of Arsenal's best performances under Mikel but apparently to a few it was just because Sp**s were bad?

Same Sp**s who beat City, what about 'form' goes out the window in a derby?

I don't know why people hate to admit Mikel got this team playing really good football today. Weird. I'd still have him out tomorrow but what I saw today is what I want to continue to see.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Bruh, I’ve been Arteta out but I call it as I see it. Just the other day I was arguing that now he’s got his players he deserves one final chance.

I enjoyed the game and the goals as they went in but now the game is done I’m over that. You can enjoy today, more power to you, but I’m thinking long term.
I've just never understood the 'yeah but they were poor' thing. If a team plays very well then any level of opposition wont/can't look as good. If they played well and we drew 3-3, would you be more positive about our next few games or less? I've always been more concerned about the things we do well in victory rather than think we done these things well because they let us.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Credit to the first half performance.

Good decisions on team selecton and HIS signigs actually slotted in well.

Second half we were out of steam and I feel Teta should've injected more threat by introducing Pepe/Laca. Instead he invited pressure and it seemed like a goal was inevitable.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Not how I would have spent the money this summer, but all the signings look good have to admit.

Reliable sources that I have posted on here all confirm it was Arteta who insisted on them too (Ramsdale, White, Tomiyasu and Ødegaard specifically).

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I've just never understood the 'yeah but they were poor' thing. If a team plays very well then any level of opposition wont/can't look as good. If they played well and we drew 3-3, would you be more positive about our next few games or less? I've always been more concerned about the things we do well in victory rather than think we done these things well because they let us.
This thread is about Arteta and him being a manager that can take us back to the top four or Europe yeah?

Okay let’s focus on our victory then and ignore the obvious fact that Sp**s were awful in the first half.

All of our goals were on the counter today with a hint of good fortune sprinkled in too. Are you confident that’s sustainable? I’m not, that’s all. We seemed to convert every chance we created in that first half, is that sustainable?

Did we do anything in the second half? Why not? What happened when Arteta had to actually do something? Nothing. The subs were poor, we had zero thread and we ended the game with him desperately throwing on fullbacks. Is that a man that fills you with confidence? Like I said, enjoy the result but a little bit of analysis exposes some things.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

This thread is about Arteta and him being a manager that can take us back to the top four or Europe yeah?

Okay let’s focus on our victory then and ignore the obvious fact that Sp**s were awful in the first half.

All of our goals were on the counter today with a hint of good fortune sprinkled in too. Are you confident that’s sustainable? I’m not, that’s all. We seemed to convert every chance we created in that first half, is that sustainable?

Did we do anything in the second half? Why not? What happened when Arteta had to actually do something? Nothing. The subs were poor, we had zero thread and we ended the game with him desperately throwing on fullbacks. Is that a man that fills you with confidence? Like I said, enjoy the result but a little bit of analysis exposes some things.

Second goal wasn't a counter attack, we also cut through them playing out the back a lot today.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Absolutely nothing bad to say about Mikel today for once. You can't sustain the football we played in the first half over 90 minutes yet, let alone in a derby. The subs were fine.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

All of our goals were on the counter today with a hint of good fortune sprinkled in too. Are you confident that’s sustainable? I’m not, that’s all.
We've already seen that in that FA cup run, it doesn't last forever. We shouldn't base our game on what happened today, but I'm 100% Arteta will do that. We've basically converted everything, and that doesn't happen very often

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Absolutely nothing bad to say about Mikel today for once. You can't sustain the football we played in the first half over 90 minutes yet, let alone in a derby. The subs were fine.

The unforced subs were boring and negative tbf.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

The unforced subs were boring and negative tbf.

They were needed imo, Ainsley was great when he game on vs Burnley, injected pace into the midfield and covered lots of ground, in a derby you need that late on, same with Taveres.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

They were needed imo, Ainsley was great when he game on vs Burnley, injected pace into the midfield and covered lots of ground, in a derby you need that late on, same with Taveres.

No, we didnt need them. Sp**s was completely impotent after Sons goal. Before aswell.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom