• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Somebody struggled to find that weird stat. How many loses and draws did those 90+ games entail. Wenger got top 4 in his first season, and second, and third . . . . and twentieth season. :lol: Rogers only managed one with Liverpool.
It's not about the league, pretty sure it's Europa League football

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta wins manager of the month, then Newcastle get permission to be taken over by oil money and eventually overtake us.

Everything Mikel does, no matter if it's good, turns evil.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ƙdegaard
Arsenal players have scored more goals during this international break (7) than they have in the seven Premier League games combined (5) so far.

If I speak...
Hmm look at the teams they scored against..
Andorra, Andorra u21s, Angola, Zimbabwe
And our players teams were comfortably better off as well.
But yeah completely fair comparison to the PL.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger šŸ™
Trusted ā­

Player:Saliba
Arsenal players have scored more goals during this international break (7) than they have in the seven Premier League games combined (5) so far.

If I speak...
Hardly surprising when they have a manager whose actually managed before. The players in our squad are not the problem. Unai got 5th with all those players that weren't good enough for Arteta.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Seems like a lot of legendary managers have pretty mediocre first seasons

Letā€™s see if this trend works out fun Mikels favour

Camus

Trusted ā­
Seems like a lot of legendary managers have pretty mediocre first seasons
Letā€™s see if this trend works out fun Mikels favour
In what way do you mean this? As in these legendary managers have pretty mediocre 1st seasons at the big clubs they eventually go on to become legends at, ie Ferguson at United etc.. or that they have pretty mediocre 1st seasons during their very 1st managements jobs which usually always happen to be at lesser clubs ie Wenger at Nancy etc..?

Both instances don't relate to Arteta anyway so he wont factor into either trend. His situation is pretty unique in that I doubt you can find another example of a completely inexperienced manager being such a high profile big 1st job, continually flopping and still being in the job this long. You either have the likes of Zidane and Pep who are instance success and thus continue, or you have flops like Pirlo and Henry that are sacked when they clearly demonstrate they're not fit for purpose fairly quickly.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
In what way do you mean this? As in these legendary managers have pretty mediocre 1st seasons at the big clubs they eventually go on to become legends at, ie Ferguson at United etc.. or that they have pretty mediocre 1st seasons during their very 1st managements jobs which usually always happen to be at lesser clubs ie Wenger at Nancy etc..?

Both instances don't relate to Arteta anyway so he wont factor into either trend. His situation is pretty unique in that I doubt you can find another example of a completely inexperienced manager being such a high profile big 1st job, continually flopping and still being in the job this long. You either have the likes of Zidane and Pep who are instance success and thus continue, or you have flops like Pirlo and Henry that are sacked when they clearly demonstrate they're not fit for purpose fairly quickly.

I guess I mean it both ways, both the Fergusonā€™s and the Wenggers of the world.

You make valid points, especially with the job being incredibly big for an inexperienced manager

We are on a roll in the league so letā€™shope the momentum sticks with us and Artetas vision becomes clearer

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ā­

His situation is pretty unique in that I doubt you can find another example of a completely inexperienced manager being such a high profile big 1st job, continually flopping and still being in the job this long. You either have the likes of Zidane and Pep who are instance success and thus continue, or you have flops like Pirlo and Henry that are sacked when they clearly demonstrate they're not fit for purpose fairly quickly.
I donā€™t know why we have to be the one club that decides to do something unique that is also bad.

Cursed fanbase.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
You either have the likes of Zidane and Pep who are instance success and thus continue, or you have flops like Pirlo and Henry that are sacked when they clearly demonstrate they're not fit for purpose fairly quickly.

The only guys seriously compareable to Arteta are Pirlo and Henry. Guardiola did at least manage Barca B for a season with great success - he imo lucked into the Barca job and one of the best squads ever - but there was at least a small sample size with him. Same for Zidane who managed Real Castilla for a while and also did some sort of advisory DoF work at Real. Sample size might be small, but at least there was one for them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom