• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Guendouzi is so overrated on this forum, if he cuts his hair nobody will notice him.

Maybe, but the point is he is better at this moment in time that Lokonga and ElNeny. We've spent our resources, which aren't infinite, to replace back up players with people that aren't as good. Arteta seems to like doing that, he cares more about his own ego than what the squad actually needs.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Guendouzi was 4th choice in our worst midfield ever........ People complain about us keeping Elneny but do they seriously believe Guendouzi would be happy getting the minutes Elneny has been getting this season?

Under Emery he was pushing Torreira for a starting spot at times and when Emery went he spent most of that season as an almost undisputed starter. Who cares where he was in the pecking order under the dictator, same guy who had Mari, Holding and Mustafi in our squad but not Saliba last year.

Now Sampaoli trusts him as an automatic starter and captain at times while Deschamps is calling him up to the senior national team. I wonder who's opinion I value more?

scytheavatar

Established Member
Maybe, but the point is he is better at this moment in time that Lokonga and ElNeny. We've spent our resources, which aren't infinite, to replace back up players with people that aren't as good. Arteta seems to like doing that, he cares more about his own ego than what the squad actually needs.

Better in what way? He doesn't defend better, doesn't pass better.......

IstraBalagina

Arteta chooses his players based on their willingness to comply, but that's another issue.

Football Head

Lord Conspiracy

i don't know if there's a red line with the board. they all seem to back each other up and have the media eating the same pixie dust.

performances don't seem to matter.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Better in what way? He doesn't defend better, doesn't pass better.......

Lokonga hasn't shown anything so far to suggest he's a better passer or defender than Guendouzi, although granted he hasn't played much. One thing that can be said though is Guendouzi has far more personality, say what you want about the guy but he never hid, and always demanded the ball.

Feel like I'm being harsh on Lokonga, think he's a good player, but it's just another case of "do we really need this player", which can be asked about the majority of Arteta's signings. He puts his own feels over what the group of players actually need.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Under Emery he was pushing Torreira for a starting spot at times and when Emery went he spent most of that season as an almost undisputed starter. Who cares where he was in the pecking order under the dictator, same guy who had Mari, Holding and Mustafi in our squad but not Saliba last year.

Now Sampaoli trusts him as an automatic starter and captain at times while Deschamps is calling him up to the senior national team. I wonder who's opinion I value more?
Guendouzi never hid from the moment he entered the first match for Arsenal. Always wanting the ball and trying to impose himself with fire in his belly. The sort of player our fans have supposedly been crying out for. And this season he's really coming on, as is Saliba.

How many managers, given that we had Saliba and Guendouzi already, would waste £66m on inferior replacements, when that money could have gone elsewhere.

We're in the bottom half of the table with a goal difference of -5 having spent £220m in the last 18months. Criminal waste of money even if we finish 8th again.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
What if hypothetically we binned Arteta, reached out to Guendouzi and said “we want to start you next year with Partey and Bellingham”?

If Marseille trigger the clause it would be redundant if the player wants to come back here right?
His contract expires in 2022, unless the club triggered a year extension (which wasn't announced).

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Honestly it’s chill though, I really think we’ve reached a point where it doesn’t matter much anymore, we had our make or break moments to get back into Europe and it was break. The club have decided the same, they’re in no rush right now.

Really the only problem with this club these days is how boring the team is to watch.

Good point. Regardless of whoever we signed we’d still be playing dreadful football imo since Arteta’s system is making every player look even worse than they are. If he signed Haaland, I’m sure he’d score his 1 chance per game but besides that, there will be nothing else from him due to his system.

Last summer we spent roughly 145m and I just feel that we could have spent that much better to lay the foundations for the next manager as our first eleven still looks very unbalanced. I would have been a lot happier had we spent that on a CM, RB and Wide Forward.

The players that were available last summer fitted the clubs “long term” strategy as ASM and Ruben Neves are both 24 years old plus they both had experience in the PL and Wolves apparently wanted 30-35m for Neves but they neglected our midfield and heavily relied on a kid from Belgium.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Guendouzi never hid from the moment he entered the first match for Arsenal. Always wanting the ball and trying to impose himself with fire in his belly. The sort of player our fans have supposedly been crying out for. And this season he's really coming on, as is Saliba.

How many managers, given that we had Saliba and Guendouzi already, would waste £66m on inferior replacements, when that money could have gone elsewhere.

We're in the bottom half of the table with a goal difference of -5 having spent £220m in the last 18months. Criminal waste of money even if we finish 8th again.

I'd say from Arteta's signings, only Gabriel/Partey/Ødegaard actually made any sense.

Ramsdale/Tomiyasu/Cedric/Mari/White/Lokonga/Willian were all just unessecary and cost what, approx 140 odd million in transfer fee's, and god knows how much in wages. That's 2/3 top class players first 11 players right there. Edu obviously deserves a lot of blame for this as well.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'd say from Arteta's signings, only Gabriel/Partey/Ødegaard actually made any sense.

Ramsdale/Tomiyasu/Cedric/Mari/White/Lokonga/Willian were all just unessecary and cost what, approx 140 odd million in transfer fee's, and god knows how much in wages. That's 2/3 top class players first 11 players right there. Edu obviously deserves a lot of blame for this as well.
Exactly. The £50mil on White in particular when Saliba is on our books needs serious looking at. He's got Holding and Chambers sitting around who aren't that much worse than White.

We've been desperate for a dynamic, progressive CM for 5 years and a physically competent CF since Giroud left. With Arteta it's Plan A and more of Plan A. Everything is so scripted that if we concede a goal, we're screwed.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Exactly. The £50mil on White in particular when Saliba is on our books needs serious looking at. He's got Holding and Chambers sitting around who aren't that much worse than White.

We've been desperate for a dynamic, progressive CM for 5 years and a physically competent CF since Giroud left. With Arteta it's Plan A and more of Plan A. Everything is so scripted that if we concede a goal, we're screwed.

Yep. Imagine instead of signing those players, we signed (I know he's injured but just for the sake of argument) Justin, Nkuku and Sterling (or any good RB, 8 and LW) with the 140m/500k pw we've spent on those guys, our team would look FAR better than it does now.

Obviously I'm taking a new manager before anything, but I'm taking a team of:
Leno
Justin Saliba Gabriel KT
Partey Nkuku
Saka Ødegaard Sterling
Auba

With Pepe/ESR/Guendouzi/Xhaka providing competition off bench over we have now every day of the week. The annoying thing is it would have been very achievable as well.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yep. Imagine instead of signing those players, we signed (I know he's injured but just for the sake of argument) Justin, Nkuku and Sterling (or any good RB, 8 and LW) with the 140m/500k pw we've spent on those guys, our team would look FAR better than it does now.

Obviously I'm taking a new manager before anything, but I'm taking a team of:
Leno
Justin Saliba Gabriel KT
Partey Nkuku
Saka Ødegaard Sterling
Auba

With Pepe/ESR/Guendouzi/Xhaka providing competition off bench over we have now every day of the week. The annoying thing is it would have been very achievable as well.

Imagine if we’d just kept Emi as a homegrown keeper as well.

That’s 80M you could slap on the table for Ndidi or Rice.

Top Bottom