• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
FCKUGxsWQBQ4-iR

**** me we're pathetic. Sums up how cowardly Arteta is.

Not far from our actual league position, tbh. In well deserved company.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Arteta proved to me the importance of communication. He says all the right things. Even when we lose he is so polished and knows exactly what to say, the right emotions and the right quotes. And if you never seen his team play and listened to him it’s very hard not to be impressed. But 2 years now and no one here can tell us what Arteta teams look like and how they set up. Not what he believes. But what his team actually does on the pitch
In resume, he is a fraud... Un pinche hablador

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

At this point, by all known metrics, Arteta is garbage: league position, points per game, home wins, xG, actual goals scored, style of play, game management, tactical awareness and flexibility, development of players, man management.

What the hell is going on?
Only at Arsenal can you be bad in every measurable way and still be comfy in your job.

Squillaci

To think that 2 weeks ago shortsighted usual suspects were parading on here like we just won the league.
Should have been sacked for Saliba situation only, not to mention other things.
Kroenke's are in dire need of someone with just a little bit of football knowledge, to explain to them what a bad business has been going on around here.
They surely don't like spending unnecessary money.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
To think that 2 weeks ago shortsighted usual suspects were parading on here like we just won the league.
Should have been sacked for Saliba situation only, not to mention other things.
Kroenke's are in dire need of someone with just a little bit of football knowledge, to explain to them what a bad business has been going on around here.
T
Kroenkes couldn’t give a ****. Anything involving us not getting relegated is success for them.

They will keep Arteta as he is cheap and stays in line. Even if we finish mid table for the next 3-4 years.

The club is done, unless we get some stroke of luck with an academy player who is a world-beater (like Sp**s with Kane) or a new manager who can galvanise the club back to where it belongs

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Big man you're gonna have to sit this one out. You are using the Athletic as a credible source? FFS. The Athletic is the only propaganda machine that works harder than Kim Jong Il's in North Korea. Highly regarded by who? You mean his ex work colleagues? Pep, Sterling and Sane. Isn't Xhaka highly regarded by his managers? Doesn't mean he's very good does it? I mean come on, you never had a reference written for you?
It wasn't just the Athletic and his colleagues. Everton was interested in him and Barça has looked at him as well. The fact is he was a highly regarded managerial prospect, no one inside the game disputed this. Again, it's just re-writing history to say otherwise.

At this point this one sided vendetta against Emery is lame. We got to an European final and finished one point off top 4, in his first season. We all know how he wanted guys like Zaha, Maguire, Nkunku and Banega and got shafted for guys like Torreria, Pepe, Soktratis and Denis Suarez. Emery done better with players that were not his unlike Arteta. Do you know how bad that is? And I don't even like Emery. It is always better to go for someone with a credible CV than someone who's entire praise comes from his friends or ex-colleagues.
This is a massive whitewashing of Em*ry. Em*ry took us from a team on 65 xG performance level in our last season under Wenger, which was an unmitigated disaster, to a 59 xG in his first season, and then to 13th place and the worst performances that we've seen since before Wenger before getting the sack. In no way was Em*ry's CV credible, it was credibly bad...we had 10+ years of managerial evidence to see that he was not at all a viable managerial candidate for a big club, and we made the hire.

It's absolutely more sensible to bet on a managerial prospect than to bet on a poor option who we have plenty of evidence is not good. The former is called making a calculated bet and missing and the latter is called incompetence.

The silver lining is that we find ourselves with much more interesting candidates available than at the time of both Em*ry and Arteta's hirings, in Potter, ten Hag, and potentially Rose or Frank or Gallardo if he can be convinced to leave River. But if we hold on too long with Arteta that will once again remind us that the people above him are not competent (barring real--unlikely--evolutions in Arteta's work during this season). Either way, a truly forward-thinking group would've sacked Arteta at the end of the season and hired Potter, as I recommended. I can understand the reticence to do that because they believed in him and his potential, but now it's time to act quickly since the writing is on the wall.

Anyways, we all know the likely reality: we don't have an especially forward-thinking decision making group and they believe strongly in Arteta and he is here until the end of the season, barring a terrible drop in form. So after a couple days reflection after a depressing day on Monday I'm just back hoping that Arteta can improve, because otherwise we are going to suffer as a club. Thinking we are going to sack Arteta mid-season and hire Potter or ten Hag is a pipedream, sadly.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
It wasn't just the Athletic and his colleagues. Everton was interested in him and Barça has looked at him as well. The fact is he was a highly regarded managerial prospect, no one inside the game disputed this. Again, it's just re-writing history to say otherwise.

This is a massive whitewashing of Em*ry. Em*ry took us from a team on 65 xG performance level in our last season under Wenger, which was an unmitigated disaster, to a 59 xG in his first season, and then to 13th place and the worst performances that we've seen since before Wenger before getting the sack. In no way was Em*ry's CV credible, it was credibly bad...we had 10+ years of managerial evidence to see that he was not at all a viable managerial candidate for a big club, and we made the hire.

It's absolutely more sensible to bet on a managerial prospect than to bet on a poor option who we have plenty of evidence is not good. The former is called making a calculated bet and missing and the latter is called incompetence.

The silver lining is that we find ourselves with much more interesting candidates available than at the time of both Em*ry and Arteta's hirings, in Potter, ten Hag, and potentially Rose or Frank or Gallardo if he can be convinced to leave River. But if we hold on too long with Arteta that will once again remind us that the people above him are not competent (barring real--unlikely--evolutions in Arteta's work during this season). Either way, a truly forward-thinking group would've sacked Arteta at the end of the season and hired Potter, as I recommended. I can understand the reticence to do that because they believed in him and his potential, but now it's time to act quickly since the writing is on the wall.

Anyways, we all know the likely reality: we don't have an especially forward-thinking decision making group and they believe strongly in Arteta and he is here until the end of the season, barring a terrible drop in form. So after a couple days reflection after a depressing day on Monday I'm just back hoping that Arteta can improve, because otherwise we are going to suffer as a club. Thinking we are going to sack Arteta mid-season and hire Potter or ten Hag is a pipedream, sadly.
1) Everton and Barca are two teams not exactly known for hiring great managers at this moment of time. I mean I can't think of two clubs with worse luck to hiring managers. The fact Koeman wasn't deemed good enough Everton but accepted as Barca's should tell you something.

2) The XG for Arteta isn't looking pretty either. And XG should not be treated as gospel, it is a fairly new metric and therefore there are moments where it can be wrong. I believe when Liverpool won the league, their XG was third but they comfortably won the league by March time. I read that Liverpool have their own 'devised metric' that suits them more than XG. On to your next point, to say Emery's CV is not credible is just hater behaviour. Four Europa titles is good. He beat Liverpool and United in finals when both teams were considered favourites. Some things on his CV are terrible, like not winning an away game a whole season or bottling big games in the CL against Barca. However, it kinda shows that he's a decent coach and at his best he can get you top 6 and Europa. On his worst you'll most likely finish midtable and no trophies won. Arteta will be addressed later.

3) No its not. Arsenal are a multibillion pound sporting institution and one of the biggest brands in global sports. Arsenal should not be betting on nobodies like Arteta. What you're saying is objectively wrong- in no other industry could you get away with hiring someone to be a CEO with NO managerial experience unless it was blatant nepotism or corruption. I mean we were a Europa level team and Emery was the most prolific winner of said competition. Of course it made sense for Arsenal to go for Emery. He failed at his job but it made sense as to why we done it. The Arteta experiment is a failure and a reason as to why you don't look past experience. Emery took us to midtable-well Arteta had us close to relegation before ESR came in. Arteta's ceiling is a FA Cup. Good for him, but we were winning those before he came. Arteta's floor is possibly relegation. He is incredibly lucky he had a starting quality midfielder in our academy otherwise he'd be on his JSA. Look at Pirlo at Juve. He failed at Juve and even he managed to get Juve in CL football.

4) I'm with you on that one brother.

Kav

Established Member
Wonder if we’d consider Kalvin Phillips? I don’t think he’s a major upgrade over Xhaka myself though or would work with him.

I liked the look of Anguissa at Fulham last year and he’s been playing every game for Napoli this year.
I mentioned Anguissa last season along with Loftus cheek as cheap options in midfield for us and people on here laughed but both of those would be improvements on Sambi and Elneny or whoever we have in midfield right now.

The club messed up spending that money on white and 🐏dale. We needed to improve our central midfield. If they went out and spent that 80M on a world class midfielder we would be in much better shape.

Keep guendouzi and spend the sambi money on a good RB and we would have been better off.

vantoure

I mentioned Anguissa last season along with Loftus cheek as cheap options in midfield for us and people on here laughed but both of those would be improvements on Sambi and Elneny or whoever we have in midfield right now.

The club messed up spending that money on white and 🐏dale. We needed to improve our central midfield. If they went out and spent that 80M on a world class midfielder we would be in much better shape.

Keep guendouzi and spend the sambi money on a good RB and we would have been better off.
Anguissa at Napoli? Don't know him much, but he was awful in their Europa League match against Leicester. Was really bad

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
At this point, by all known metrics, Arteta is garbage: league position, points per game, home wins, xG, actual goals scored, style of play, game management, tactical awareness and flexibility, development of players, man management.

What the hell is going on?
For some reason non of that counts with Arsenal fans. Wenger's version of those up to 2015/16 were very good . . . but lets remove him.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
FCKUGxsWQBQ4-iR

**** me we're pathetic. Sums up how cowardly Arteta is.

These statistics right here are so damning to me. In almost 2 years of work with the first team, we are unable to press our opponents effectively, and have seriously regressed with our playing out the back ability, despite upgrading our entire backline.

Arteta can do whatever he likes, the tucking in right back, Xhaka dropping into the left vacated space, Ødegaard dropping into a Modric like DLP role, the movement of our players to ensure the pitch is covered, and all of those other innovative ideas.

It all falls apart if you cannot control your opposition, and fail to nullify their attempts to control you.

We need results again, the pressure will now start and continue to build despite the club's commitment to Mikel. I do think the club still has anything 17th and above as Mikel's requirement this year, but its unlikely to hold if we continue to be bossed around in games, and scrambling for points as we've seen of late.

Kav

Established Member
Anguissa at Napoli? Don't know him much, but he was awful in their Europa League match against Leicester. Was really bad
One bad match doesn’t define a player though. If you watched hmm last seasons you would have seen his quality through out the premier league games. Which is why he was able to leave a relegated team for a team like Napoli on loan.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How much does the Athletic get paid to put out these puff pieces?
James McNicholas and Art de Roche pump out these pro Arteta pieces like confetti, wonder whether it’s the club or Arteta paying them.

Gunners1616

So much propaganda for this brother, even on the club's official twitter account... I really feel like we are living in a parallel universe.

Any coach who doesn't look like a telenovela actor would be gone already... I really don't understand the obsession of the board with this coach. Firing him wouldn't even cost much and he is very easily replaceable. Also he is not a legend or anything so there is no "moral code" involved.

There has to be something extraordinary that makes the board believes in Mikel.... And it's not rational, it cannot be quantified.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Pep is overrated. I would go as far as saying that Manchester City won the league in spite of Pep and not because of Pep. We thought Arteta was a good managerial candidate because Pep had good words to say about him and it looked like Arteta had great ideas to implement. It was a bad move. There is not a single sign that says Arteta is capable. The only thing he is good at is talking his way out of problems and make it look like he is a genius and the boards seems to believe in him :facepalm: The rant ends.

GLITCH

I still can't understand how the club decided this was the right time for the All or Nothing documentary. Arteta had led the club to its worst period in recent history, breaking long-standing records along the way. Only Arsenal do stupid sh*t like this.

Top Bottom