• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Willian started every game until it became quite clear he was a dud and Arteta could not carry him anymore. He was tried as a CAM, false 9 ( :lol: ), left and right winger. It was his injury and lack of form that forced Arteta to bring in ESR into play, which in turn made the club go after a #10 in the winter window.

But yeah, he's not a favorite who Arteta championed Edu for 🤷
I'm annoyed at myself for even replying to him. What we've both said is basically obvious to anyone with eyes.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Willlian had to stink the place up like nobody ever has just to get dropped. It got to the point where the media were starting to question why he kept getting starts before he got dropped. The guy had something ridiculous like 2 shots on target in twenty appearances before Arteta finally gave up on him.

Even now, all he has to do is not play terribly in one of his cameos and he seems to back in at the expense of others who are playing better than him. That's before I get into the more difficult to prove stuff like how Arteta specifically recruited him, his lack of punishment for the Dubai fiasco, and how there seems to be a pattern of Arteta trying to force the signing into a success by selectively subbing him into easy games.

You're not stupid, stop acting it.

It took longer than expected for him to be dropped, granted, however we didn't have ESR/Ødegaard at that point.

Your second point is quite frankly ridiculous. Willian was pretty much dropped when ESR came into the side against Chelsea. Since then the only time he's played more than 45 minutes was against Leicester in the 3-1 win where he was actually decent and he got an assist. He then played against Burnley where he got another assist. Since then he's played 13 minutes (Against Sp**s) and nothing more. (He also played and got assists in the EL against Olympiakos and Benfica)

So please tell me where he's been shown favouritism since boxing day? I'm giving you facts, he's not being played and hasn't played regularly since Ødegaard/ESR were in the squad.

You're simply being purposely obtuse because you don't want Arteta, its poor stuff.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Willian started every game until it became quite clear he was a dud and Arteta could not carry him anymore. He was tried as a CAM, false 9 ( :lol: ), left and right winger. It was his injury and lack of form that forced Arteta to bring in ESR into play, which in turn made the club go after a #10 in the winter window.

But yeah, he's not a favorite who Arteta championed Edu for 🤷

If Willian was a favourite he would be playing regularly, which he hasn't since boxing day. Really dumb comment.

• Red card
Reactions: Kav

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
If Willian was a favourite he would be playing regularly, which he hasn't since boxing day. Really dumb comment.

Pepe plays blinders and can't get a start, Willian gets a pass in and is started the very next game 🤷

Willian is an Arteta project, how is that hard to understand? It had to get really bad for him to be dropped at all. Mikel won't get everything right, it happens. This one is just used because it was a signing everyone could see had massive amounts of warnings lights and yet, it went ahead.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Pepe plays blinders and can't get a start, Willian gets a pass in and is started the very next game 🤷

Willian is an Arteta project, how is that hard to understand? It had to get really bad for him to be dropped at all. Mikel won't get everything right, it happens. This one is just used because it was a signing everyone could see had massive amounts of warnings lights and yet, it went ahead.

I don't understand what you don't get about him not playing? He isn't in the team therefore he isn't in favour, other players are ahead of him. Pepe has played almost 600 more minutes than Willian this season... That is a fact, you can't just drift around that because you dislike Arteta.

oh to be a goon

Merson has been annoying over the years but he's spot on with this.

I'm sorry but that's BS. We definitely played worse in late 2019. Games against Man City were worse. Games against mid-table teams and allowing them to run through our entire team at will and post 20+ shots per game was worse. Hell, even home games against Liverpool have been less competitive. Past few years they've showed up and blown us off the park inside 25 minutes. At least this game they didn't blow us off the park until the final 25 minutes.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I'm sorry but that's BS. We definitely played worse in late 2019. Games against Man City were worse. Games against mid-table teams and allowing them to run through our entire team at will and post 20+ shots per game was worse. Hell, even home games against Liverpool have been less competitive. Past few years they've showed up and blown us off the park inside 25 minutes. At least this game they didn't blow us off the park until the final 25 minutes.
Because Liverpool were actually awful? They were bad, we were shocking. I'm not sure we made a consecutive pass until after the 25th minute.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Don't agree with everything Merson says, but there is a hint of truth in it tbh.

Liverpool had a massive weakness at CB, but we didn't even try to go after it, don't think we even created a chance against them...we approached the game playing for a draw, which allowed Liverpool to build up confidence and beat us easily in the 2nd half...if we went at them we might have still lost, but at least we would have tried.

We played against Liverpool like it was still 2019 and they were at full strength and full confidence, everyone has been beating them recently...don't even think this Madrid team is that good, but they beat Liverpool like it was nothing!

It's ok playing on the counter in big games, but sometimes you have to go for it imo...Arteta needs to get past his inferiority complex in certain games, sometimes attack is the best form of defence.

oh to be a goon

Because Liverpool were actually awful? They were bad, we were shocking. I'm not sure we made a consecutive pass until after the 25th minute.

yeah I don't disagree. We were sh*t and couldnt string 3 passes together all game, which just piled the pressure on ourselves.
I was just disagreeing with his "never seen worse" comment, as we have played noticeable worse within recent memory.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The early spring shoots of a HairSpray x Jury link up?!

nooo GIF
If it is, do you promise not to throw another epic hissy fit and demand thread bans and maybe even your own ‘mIkEl iS ****’ thread like you did when you totally lost it on some weird power trip in the Özil thread? Or is the relentless negativity and cross-thread rage fair game now?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I see Kav as attached himself to Trilly’s anus pubes as well 🤣

edit: he withdrew the red card, but I’m not retracting 😎

Don't agree with everything Merson says, but there is a hint of truth in it tbh.

Liverpool had a massive weakness at CB, but we didn't even try to go after it, don't think we even created a chance against them...we approached the game playing for a draw, which allowed Liverpool to build up confidence and beat us easily in the 2nd half...if we went at them we might have still lost, but at least we would have tried.

We played against Liverpool like it was still 2019 and they were at full strength and full confidence, everyone has been beating them recently...don't even think this Madrid team is that good, but they beat Liverpool like it was nothing!

It's ok playing on the counter in big games, but sometimes you have to go for it imo...Arteta needs to get past his inferiority complex in certain games, sometimes attack is the best form of defence.

This is the thing. This is not just the Arteta problem but it also happened under Emery and Wenger in Wenger last year. It's just like we have accepted we always have to be the underdogs in the big games and we play them a lot more as the reactive team instead of proactive. When we are reactive we just get amazed by the intensity of the other opponent and fold and drop deeper.

Not only that but when that happens everything we are good at just goes out of the window. The passing and the movement we are usually good at just go away somehow. I and my friend @Trilly probably started talking about this many years ago but when this stuff happens we struggle with the simplest passing and simplest movements. It's so weird because ever since Wenger we are a team that trains short passes and movements.

Maybe we won't start to see improvements until we get a manager who has a more proactive style instead of reactive one. It was why I wanted to try Brendan Rodgers here. He is a weird fellah but he seems to implement his style on the team very quickly and even if it doesn't always work out it is a lot more proactive than reactive.

Kav

Established Member
I see Kav as attached himself to Trilly’s anus pubes as well 🤣

edit: he withdrew the red card, but I’m not retracting 😎

Was that necessary though?

I’m just lurking and enjoying the back and forth. You had to go there didn’t you?It’s between you and trilly and hairspray.

Leave me out of it. I will instigate **** however I want. Lol.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Was that necessary though?

I’m just lurking and enjoying the back and forth. You had to go there didn’t you?It’s between you and trilly and hairspray.

Leave me out of it. I will instigate **** however I want. Lol.
Stay clear then. You must suppress the urge to brock your back for the Dagenham douche.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom