• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Fully understand why people want him out, but in reality it's not going to happen, he's going to get another season no matter what. Imagine we end the season poorly, bottom half finish and get knocked out of the Europa, how does the board spin things and justify the direction the club is going in? They usually come up with something, but it will be tough for them this time.

The only thing that would appease the fans is a massive summer window (like 100m net spend), but that is just not going to happen. With fans back in the stadium next season things or going to get very messy.

Right now, the board are clutching at their beads and praying that he wins us the Europa League, and for all our sakes, for the sake of this club, The Arsenal, I hope and pray that he does it. That he, we, may end this season with a European trophy, because other than that and I can't be sure where this club will can next season.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
When Arteta came in, I assumed the goal was to get stability and get European football. He did that. This season was unfortunate because of covid but it does seem that a long term playing philosophy was the priority. Arteta has stuck to his guns eg playing out from the back and we fans can clearly see the players and types of player who aren't good enough. It's a brave (or stupid) tactic that will only work if he's backed in the transfer market properly and the youth are given a fair crack. We have players here unfit for Wenger's worst sides so keeping them isn't an option. Trying to make them work will see us in the same or worse position next season. If I'm correct, we have the right idea but it will fail if poorly supported by rubbish transfers. The DoF has a massive job. Get the playing personnel right and if performances and results are not better by Christmas, then Arteta should be sacked.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
If he does not win the EL, he should be sacked. I would not waste money recruiting for him. I have seen nothing from him that would instill faith in his character or skills, or intellectual maturity. To me he is unfit to manage this club.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

David Moyes and Mikel Arteta started in the same month. David Moyes has taken West Ham forward and got them organised.
Mikel Arteta has taken Arsenal backwards and I still don’t understand what he's trying to do. But never mind, trust the process.
The job at Arsenal was much harder. Apparently West Ham has better squad and it was easier job logic Arteta fans

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

The job at Arsenal was much harder. Apparently West Ham has better squad and it was easier job logic Arteta fans
But but but but but......but Chelsea spent 300 million!

Arteta with Ole's squad would win the title. He's like Pep, he needs his players.

He's Spanish!!!!

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
We are 11th. I’m actually surprised he’s still managing. I think he’s lucky there are no fans in the stadium, surely they would have turned on him.
He will get a free pass from the board for this season sadly. Even if we go out against Slavia this will not change a thing for Kroenke, Edu & Vinai.

Think if their will be fans next season and he will start bad into the next saison again, he will be gone very fast. Especially with no international football for us next season, we can just concentrate on the PL and there will be no excuses for Arteta anymore.

REWB

He will get a free pass from the board for this season sadly. Even if we go out against Slavia this will not change a thing for Kroenke, Edu & Vinai.

Think if their will be fans next season and he will start bad into the next saison again, he will be gone very fast. Especially with no international football for us next season, we can just concentrate on the PL and there will be no excuses for Arteta anymore.
Do you really believe that there is no chance Arteta will do well next season?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The team was finishing 4-6th under those 2 managers. It’s an insult to them to include Arteta as the 3rd manager.

This squad isn’t top 4 quality, Arsène and Emery managed to make the squad play to about their level. Arteta (and Emery once he lost the dressing room) are the ones having us on course for 10th.
Its not really. And I hope you can figure out why
Most of the squad and team is now an Arteta/Edu recruited through transfers, extensions and loans. Why are we 10th all season? It’s not because of Auba who Wenger left behind. Or Laca, a squaddy, probably the best squad striker in the league.
You’re accurate when you say the club has wasted money, record amounts have been wasted since Wenger left, 300-400M.
I'm not sure that's the case.

Weve spent a **** load and it's been wasted. Our recruitment has been shambolic for as long as I care to remember.

Us falling out of CL gave resources to competitors who never had it before and unlike us they used it to their advantage. And even then they've come up against PL money which has been a great leveller and enabled us to have a CL wage without CL competition.

One follows the other. It sounds like tacit acceptance of @Makingtrax but its not. Like you said we spent 300 to 400m since Wenger left and we've got worse :/ we've hired bad staff a worse manager and worse players.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Its not really. And I hope you can figure out why.

Most of the team is not an Arteta Edu team.
Leno
Chambers
Holding
Mari
Xhaka
Ceballos

I'm not sure that's the case.

Weve spent a **** load and it's been wasted. Our recruitment has been shambolic for as long as I care to remember.

Us falling out of CL gave resources to competitors who never had it before and unlike us they used it to their advantage. And even then they've come up against PL money which has been a great leveller and enabled us to have a CL wage without CL competition.

One follows the other. It sounds like tacit acceptance of @Makingtrax but its not. Like you said we spent 300 to 400m since Wenger left and we've got worse :/ we've hired bad staff a worse manager and worse players.
Arteta extended Holding, Arteta extended Luiz and Cebellos, Arteta sighed Mari because of his City connection.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

15/16 players of this current squad are here because of Arteta is the point.
How many starters tonight were brought to the club by Arteta? 2

Probably not the best point because 23 played well. But Arteta hasn't signed many starting players. The starters he has signed have been decent.

Iceman10

Established Member
Against lesser sides at least we should be having runners on both LW and RW. Mikel got out of his own way with this one (SHU), not playing Willian or Auba on LW.

I do agree that from kick off the energy showed was inconsistent with any significant loss of the dressing room. The only question is the Mikel - Auba relationship, and it is still a key one because we are more likely to find buyers for Laca than Auba this summer. I do think Auba has merited some tougher treatment after kid gloves for so long this season did not really work, but he can really kick up a stink if he wants to, and I hope he doesn’t.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom