• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
It's Luiz's experience that we value more. The guy has pretty much won everything along with Willian. HE's there to guide and help Gabriel and the other younger defenders. It's worked well with Chelsea and Thiago Silva who has stabilised their backline at the ripe old age of 36.
It's worked well with Silva since Tuchel took over but stick him in our team and he'd look just as finished as he did under Lampard. The only time we've looked stable defensively under Arteta was playing a back 3 and a low block which consequently left us lacking any attacking threat other than counters. Since moving to the back 4 we've shown that we can't balance attack and defence at all.

teamsoutheast

So he wasted a season playing bums? I can’t stand this man at all.

No time to waste? You sent Saliba and Guendouzi out on loan. You were forced into playing ESR, you hate Martinelli. You prefer Elneny to Willock. You killed Nelson for Willian.

All these lads could have been tested in this woeful season, no time to waste? **** off.
I think he's absolutely right. We have not looked anywhere near good enough to compete with the other top teams in the last 5 years. I reckon if we got to the final we would have been beaten by Man Utd. Some of the players technically and mentally are just not good enough. Willock and Guendouzi are not ready to anchor the midfield for a full season. Willock loses the ball too much to play in our midfield at this moment. Guendouzi has attitude problems and Saliba is still only 19 and still has loads of time to learn.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Would have liked to see Saliba-Luiz-Gabriel for a bit too, in a back three...similar to Chelsea with Silva, the other two have the legs to cover him...see how that looked.

Still don't trust our team in back four, tbh.

teamsoutheast

It's worked well with Silva since Tuchel took over but stick him in our team and he'd look just as finished as he did under Lampard. The only time we've looked stable defensively under Arteta was playing a back 3 and a low block which consequently left us lacking any attacking threat other than counters. Since moving to the back 4 we've shown that we can't balance attack and defence at all.
And we haven't been able to balance defense and attack for years even during the Wenger era. Our midfield has not looked balanced at all for far too long. I think Arteta and Edu know what we need and will rectify that this summer.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

And we haven't been able to balance defense and attack for years even during the Wenger era. Our midfield has not looked balanced at all for far too long. I think Arteta and Edu know what we need and will rectify that this summer.
Wenger has been gone for 3 years now, I really don't see why he keeps getting brought up. I admire your optimism but I see no reason to trust Arteta or Edu to rectify anything. They've put together this side through signings and contacts and we've seen the worst season I've ever witnessed both in results and performances but here we are, nothing I can do about it apart from moan.

akhil

It's 2 more weeks till the season ends. I'm hoping they're going to do it by then. He's an idiot who's absolute smooth talker. The balls on the guy to have a sit down interview and blame the last 5 years for 2 games where he was made to look like a ***** by a pretty average team. He's been thoroughly ***** slapped by half the teams in the league this season as well.

There's not a player who's watched us over the last year who will want to join with this poser in charge. If they do, either their agents aren't doing right by their client or they are going to have a payday at our expense.

I'm actually worried with the Kroenkes, they let Jeff Fischer coach for 5 years with the Rams serving up colossal piles of sh*t year after year. They were hoping for a Sean McVay style impact on the club from Arteta but basically ended up getting tanned a Fischer without the belly.

What's the point of Edu and Vinai if they can't recommend Arteta being sacked? They've been here all year and watched the same rubbish as we have.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Here's the problem though. What if Arteta gets what he needs and still chop, change and try experiments?

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Get this ****ing piece of **** out this club. Trying to blame Wenger in this mess is disgraceful and disrespectful.
Attempting to throw previous managers and players under the bus is the work of a self obsessed, spineless ****.
Regardless of how poor things got under Wenger and Emery they acted with class and respect.
**** Arteta!
This POS sucked up to Wenger when he was past his prime and only at the club because Wenger has class. Jose or Pep would have got rid of him in 2014. Classless little man

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
We are so much better tactically and defensively. We have seen the likes of ESR and Saka emerge as REAL talents from the youth ranks. We have kept our squad fit for most of the season (WHEN LAST HAS THAT HAPPENED). Xhaka has improved big time under Arteta, playing in a role which suits him tactically. Leno looks much better this season as a sweeper keeper and has improved his distribution and with the ball at his feet.

We have lost over 14 games this season, what are you on about being better defensively? Teams that with good defenses don't lose that many games.

:lol:

Last edited:

blaze_of_glory

Actually believe and kind of feel for Arteta when he talks about putting everything he has into trying to sort us out. He clearly takes it very seriously and honestly looks noticeably older already from when he took over. It's not a lack effort or dedication from him. It's that he is in over his head and should have started managing in a job with a far lower profile and a lot less complexity than Arsenal at this point.

At the same time, it's hard not to think he should have had the self-awareness to realise he wasn't ready for this. I get being confident in yourself but it seems arrogant from him in hindsight to think he could just start his managerial career by taking over at Arsenal. So much talk of him being the next thing I guess. Fooled everyone that he was ready without ever having cut his teeth in this kind of job. I remember feeling like we needed to hire him so as not to miss out. But it seems like it fooled him as well. At some point you gotta have a reality check with yourself before this kind of thing.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Actually believe and kind of feel for Arteta when he talks about putting everything he has into trying to sort us out. He clearly takes it very seriously and honestly looks noticeably older already from when he took over. It's not a lack effort or dedication from him. It's that he is in over his head and should have started managing in a job with a far lower profile and a lot less complexity than Arsenal at this point.

At the same time, it's hard not to think he should have had the self-awareness to realise he wasn't ready for this. I get being confident in yourself but it seems arrogant from him in hindsight to think he could just start his managerial career by taking over at Arsenal. So much talk of him being the next thing I guess. Fooled everyone that he was ready without ever having cut his teeth in this kind of job. I remember feeling like we needed to hire him so as not to miss out. But it seems like it fooled him as well. At some point you gotta have a reality check with yourself before this kind of thing.

I mean, he's getting the dead man walking talk right, regardless of if he's made to jog the plank or not.

Saw the same desperation from Unai as AG just posted. Unai looked more resigned to it tho, Arteta just looks like he's still at the barganing stage. Had a very glassy look to him on the post match thing.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom