• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

teamsoutheast

We are easy to beat, we gift goals to opposition without them really working for it. We are a shambles defensively.
We're not easy to beat. Our record against the top teams is much better than it was. We used to go to the likes of City and Anfield, and Stamford Bridge and be looking at a complete hiding but we have actually stopped getting whopped now. The only games I can remember where we have been completely outplayed were the Liverpool one at home and the Man City game at home and even then, we only conceded the 1 goal.

Pop Tart

Established Member
We're not easy to beat. Our record against the top teams is much better than it was. We used to go to the likes of City and Anfield, and Stamford Bridge and be looking at a complete hiding but we have actually stopped getting whopped now. The only games I can remember where we have been completely outplayed were the Liverpool one at home and the Man City game at home and even then, we only conceded the 1 goal.
Villarreal beat us,Burnley, villa, olympiakos. We cannot beat liverpool or city. Still crap against the truly big teams.

Lost 13 in league and you say we are not easy to beat.. we are a mess

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Ultimately, yes, but bare in mind, many people on here were moaning when we won the FA cup twice in 3 seasons under Wenger and even winning it under Arteta when he took over.

Gotta show the receipts if you're making statements like that.

Literally no one complained about us winning a title.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Maybe i'm wrong but if he's not been sacked by now I feel like he's being given the summer. Like if that result was worthy of sacking in the eyes of the board, it would be a next day type thing, surely? You don't wait around, the rest of the season is meaningless, you just sack him, put a caretaker in etc.

So the fact he's still there makes me think he has the summer and next season, unfortunately.
If they’re smart they’re sounding out replacements and agreeing deals as we speak. Sack Arteta end of season and announce his replacement a week later, that kind of thing.

Our board is a disgrace though so who knows.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
How do we measure performance effectively without statistics? It's what most teams are using these days to get that extra edge over their opponents.
You’re right. Here are some stats for you:
- First time outside of Europe in 25 years
- Worst home record in 50 years
- 4 shots on target over 180 minutes against a bum Villarreal side in the most important game of the season
- One of the worst league campaigns in 30+ years

Shall I go on?

teamsoutheast

Villarreal beat us,Burnley, villa, olympiakos. We cannot beat liverpool or city. Still crap against the truly big teams.

Lost 13 in league and you say we are not easy to beat.. we are a mess

Villa at home was a bad loss I give you that. Burnley at home, Granit Xhaka let us down when he was sent off. We did beat Man U away and Chelsea at home. We haven't fully fixed our midfield yet. Partey was just the start of the rebuild but we need to add to that. We need to hit that 60% posession average per game if we want to even get close to competing with the likes of City/Liverpool. Our midfield are not good enough to keep the ball for sustained periods.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Some people in hindsight said, Arteta winning the FA Cup was a bad thing to happen for the club, as it gave Mikel more time/power etc.

But on the day, everyone was delighted on AM that we beat Chelsea.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Villa at home was a bad loss I give you that. Burnley at home, Granit Xhaka let us down when he was sent off. We did beat Man U away and Chelsea at home. We haven't fully fixed our midfield yet. Partey was just the start of the rebuild but we need to add to that. We need to hit that 60% posession average per game if we want to even get close to competing with the likes of City/Liverpool. Our midfield are not good enough to keep the ball for sustained periods.
No we don’t. Do you know what vanity metrics are? They are metrics in the business world that failing CEOs use to divert away from their poor performance.

What’s important are the results, no possession stats ffs. At least refer to XG lol

El Duderino

Stats are nice and all, but we're on course to finish 11th-9th on the table.

You can mix and match them all you like to prove a point, but the league table is the ultimate litmus test and it doesn't lie.

I'd be more inclined to listen to StatDna nerds if the eye test didn't make it glaringly obvious how bad we've been.

How does Brighton do in the eye test department? Because that's another team that is being called unlucky and that their expected points are more higher than what the league table would suggest. Caveat that it *seems* to me thst the narrative there is that they at least create chances?

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Stats are nice and all, but we're on course to finish 11th-9th on the table.

You can mix and match them all you like to prove a point, but the league table is the ultimate litmus test and it doesn't lie.

I'd be more inclined to listen to StatDna nerds if the eye test didn't make it glaringly obvious.

How does Brighton do in the eye test department? Because that's another team that is being called unlucky and that their expected points are more higher than what the league table would suggest. Caveat that it *seems* to me thst the narrative there is that they at least create chances?
Imagine using possession stats instead of xG and xGA. Lol

teamsoutheast

You’re right. Here are some stats for you:
- First time outside of Europe in 25 years
- Worst home record in 50 years
- 4 shots on target over 180 minutes against a bum Villarreal side in the most important game of the season
- One of the worst league campaigns in 30+ years

Shall I go on?
We're in transition. I expected there to be a bumpy ride once Wenger left but fans always want sucess immediately. Wenger spoilt you with Europe every season so now you just expect it every year. We'll be back there i'm sure but we just need to make the right additions to our midfield in the summer to get back to firing on all cylinders.

El Duderino

The team and club can turn it around, we just need the right owners, executives, players, coaches, managers, physios, refs and tea people.

teamsoutheast

No we don’t. Do you know what vanity metrics are? They are metrics in the business world that failing CEOs use to divert away from their poor performance.

What’s important are the results, no possession stats ffs. At least refer to XG lol
How can you have decent XG if your midfield is broken? We have had a broken defence and midfield for a good few years now. Last summer we began the defensive rebuild and this year will be our midfield rebuild. Once we sort the midfield we will score and create more I assure u.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Some people in hindsight said, Arteta winning the FA Cup was a bad thing to happen for the club, as it gave Mikel more time/power etc.

But on the day, everyone was delighted on AM that we beat Chelsea.

That's what is crazy about this situation too.

Arteta had so much goodwill after the FA cup win (despite finishing 8th) it was unbelievable.

Like literally everyone in our fanbase thought he was Neo or sum sh!t.

All he really had to do was not alienate so many players, build towards a half coherent plan and get us around 6th/7th and he made a complete mess of it.

So much self sabotage too, even in the Villarreal game, I'd imagine if we had no manager and just said batter that sh!tty goalie we'd probably have had a field day.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What are you one about??? What the hell does the fanbase have to do with team performance this season especially,. This thread is about Arteta, you wanna ***** about the fans, go to the AFTV thread.

As for someone giving 100% being worthy of forgiveness, I say if someone's consciously giving 100% to destroy my club, then I am justified in feeling all the anger I can muster, and would be more inclined to forgive if he gave 10%.
Ignorance is not a defence under the law, why is it a defence for a football manager? Especially one who will not face his own failures and shortcomings and continuously shifts blame away from himself?

Just because you're a cold fish who hates taking a stand on anything and to whom passion if is a foreign concept, don't go throwing rocks at fans who are passionate about this club and are powerless to show it in any way but their words.
TELL THEM! 😍🗣

teamsoutheast

Imagine using possession stats instead of xG and xGA. Lol
Don't you want to control games with high posession and score goals like City do? I want that. I want us to play total football like City but we aren't going to get anywhere near them until we can keep the ball in midfield and control posession against Europe's best teams. That's where we need to aim to be. Changing manager just changes philosophy all the time and if you are not careful, you will be in perpetual transition. We can't keep starting again. We need to choose a manager who shares the attacking football philosophy and stick with him.... see Bielsa at Leeds.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom