• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

All his own players in arguably our best XI and we still played the same slow uninspiring football and struggled to a win against one of the worst sides in the league? What now?
I guess by that same logic he deserves time and this is me playing Devil’s advocate.

I really wasn’t impressed but I said around 11 points from the next five games and I’d reluctantly agree that there’s some progress. 3 points down, 8 points left to go.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hes not getting sacked, which some of you are still insinuating to. He’ll do enough and linger around mid table, and that’ll be enough.

Even Ian Wright said, get above 8 and it’s an improvement.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yes Saka are ESR are his players and will be part of this Arsenal squad for a long time as they age and improve...whats your point? Regardless of that everyone at Arsenal knows we need more experienced players upfront to compliment them and take the pressure off.

You dont give someone 300k a week for 3 years just because you dont have funds? errm says who? yes you can do, especially if you're in a desperate situation up top. Its either that or spend 60 million on a striker with similar wages anyway, which we couldnt afford at the time. Listen at the end of the day we ****ed up giving him a contract, he's 32 years old. He's done and its no fault of his own or Arteta, Its just old age.

My original point was that this is Arteta's team.....that's it. And you've said that Saka and ESR are his players, well wonderful it looks like we agree.

As for needing more experienced players up front, well I don't think that's really a good enough defense for Arteta.

1. With the amount we spent this summer, if Arteta wanted to bring in an attacker he probably could've. Remember we don't have as much money as City, but we did spend an appreciable amount. Telling me he needs to drop even more money just to get more out of the attack is not convincing me in the slightest.

2. Sure Saka is young but he's already featured heavily in the England squad, if you're saying that having Saka and ESR in addition to Auba is not enough to show something more in attack then I'd argue that maybe the problem is the manager......oh sh!t that is what I'm arguing.

3. Willian was a disaster of an offensive signing and he was most definitely an Arteta signing.

As for your second paragraph. Think about what you're saying.

Do you think 300-350k a week for three years is a small amount of money? Even if we're conservative and we say he only earns 300k a week that's still over £15M a year which is more than £45M over three years. That's a lot of dollar.

You don't commit those kinds of funds to a player unless you believe in the player.

I wholeheartedly believe that Arteta wanted to keep him and it wasn't just that we didn't have the funds to replace him.

Why not keep one of the best strikers in Europe that season?

I'm not even arguing that it was a bad decision per say because I personally don't think it necessarily was (I just don't think we've gotten the most out of Auba).

But this team is most definitely without a doubt Arteta's. He's been able to shift about players and bring in replacements beyond the scope of most manager bar at the biggest clubs.

And there's definitely more than enough talent even upfront for him to be doing better, I don't know how you can call that frontline shocking, that's a horrible take and a competent manager would be licking his chops at being given the opportunity to work with the frontline.

Sure Saka and ESR have off days (today is the perfect example) but on the whole our front line is quite enviable.

Haphazard

Still needs to get sacked, he's only beaten relegation/championship level teams and we have looked horrid despite him having his players, Sp**s will whoop us.

Goonger

We have a new defence, players returning back from injury, & suffered a horrible start. It's quite normal to suffer in attack the next few games where you keep it tight & just try & get a few victories under the belt.

What we need to see now is a good victory in the derby next week, & that should give more confidence going into the next few games vs Brighton, Palace & Villa. I've set a points target of 70 points for the season to see progress, & wanted 18-20 points first 10 games.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I think with how injuries work, this is as close to the peak XI Tets wants on the pitch as there can be.

We were woeful and just won the game.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Man, I hope the board have the sense not to sack Arteta right after the NLD regardless of the score. Don't give them that pleasure

FinnGooner

Established Member
Does anybody see any progress in the way we play? If you do, please explain. I will be very welcoming to alternate points of view as I see no progress whatsoever and I’d certainly welcome some hope with open arms. To me Arteta-ball looks just simply depressing. I get the feeling that every win we’ll take this season will be ****ing struggle. In fact, I can’t see past the image that majority of wins we’ll ever take under Arteta will be scrappy ones with our xG between 0.8 - 1.2.

I feel like you could give Arteta a front three of Ronaldo-Mbappe-Messi and he’d find a way to make the attack look stale as ****. He’d probably make Ronaldo whip in crosses to Messi while Mbappe would be passively waiting the over hit crosses on the other side of the box. When Arteta first came in and stated ”we have to suffer together” to get results, I didn’t realize he meant every ****ing game ’till the end of the world.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've a theory that Ben White was signed to attract more female fans. But I'm not a great judge on male looks so I'll ask @Rimaal @Lady_Gooner @Mrs Bergkamp do yous find Ben very attractive?
Not really. He has one of those kind and gentle faces. We've always had good lookers but I want football ability above all else. Arguably the best looker in the squad is the one I can't wait to see the back of. Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp, Pires. Now you're talking.

AmsterdamGunner

We have a new defence, players returning back from injury, & suffered a horrible start. It's quite normal to suffer in attack the next few games where you keep it tight & just try & get a few victories under the belt.

What we need to see now is a good victory in the derby next week, & that should give more confidence going into the next few games vs Brighton, Palace & Villa. I've set a points target of 70 points for the season to see progress, & wanted 18-20 points first 10 games.
The thing is, there is an excuse every ****ing time. Now it’s normal we suffer in attack?

Top Bottom