• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Nice to see Arteta again gain some traction. Like with Emery, I have always wanted Arsenal to stick with a new manager for long enough, because of the state of our club when they have come in.

For me, from the start of the season, Arteta had max. few months time to show he can do it. He is showing it now.

We have a young team, so the future could be bright if he can build on this.

Although my fears might come true with the Xhaka injury. We're not very far from starting Elneny again like I feared and we can kiss goodbye to midfield and creativity then.

But it's easier to handle now compared to early last season with not ESR or Ødegaard.

TornadoTed

Established Member
If ever there was a cautionary tale worth heeding it was that team we annihilated on Sunday. They sacked their manager without having a replacement lined up and went on to appoint allegedly their 7th choice target after many rejections. As much as I like Nuno and respect his work at Wolves I don't think he is a good fit or the right man for them.

I am still very much unconvinced by Mikel but am convinced that the absolute best outcome for the club has to be for him to turn things around and get the team performing. So whatever my feelings on the manager supporting the team and wanting them to win is always first priority, anyone who wants us to lose is looking at it all wrong in my opinion.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's the funny thing. When the side is struggling Arteta gets torn apart on here for all the gesticulating, barking orders and micromanagement etc. When we're doing fairly well no-one cares about it :lol:
But all that shouting orders when players get the ball might be the reason why we’ve only had one good half of football in 6 league games.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
But all that shouting orders when players get the ball might be the reason why we’ve only had one good half of football in 6 league games.

Could be. There's not a huge amount of evidence to back that hypothesis up though.

When we were in good form the last 2/3rd's of last season he was shouting orders, same as when we won the FA Cup. When we've had exceptionally poor spells he's been shouting orders too.

I think it's more so us fans looking for surface level answers when we're playing poorly to be honest.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

If ever there was a cautionary tale worth heeding it was that team we annihilated on Sunday. They sacked their manager without having a replacement lined up and went on to appoint allegedly their 7th choice target after many rejections. As much as I like Nuno and respect his work at Wolves I don't think he is a good fit or the right man for them.

I am still very much unconvinced by Mikel but am convinced that the absolute best outcome for the club has to be for him to turn things around and get the team performing. So whatever my feelings on the manager supporting the team and wanting them to win is always first priority, anyone who wants us to lose is looking at it all wrong in my opinion.
Top post. If he shows signs of having learnt how to attack whilst defending well, we’ll all get behind him. Nobody wants him to lose and be 10th with a terrible goal difference.

And Sp**s are getting what they deserved. I can’t believe they sacked a manager who was getting them continuous top 4 with a team spending 6th, the first time he showed any signs of faltering. Much like Arsenal fans, Levy and the board shot themselves in the foot.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Could be. There's not a huge amount of evidence to back that hypothesis up though.

When we were in good form the last 2/3rd's of last season he was shouting orders, same as when we won the FA Cup. When we've had exceptionally poor spells he's been shouting orders too.

I think it's more so us fans looking for surface level answers when we're playing poorly to be honest.
I don’t remember us being good last year, we got some half decent results at times but the football was nothing like that first half against Sp**s when our transitions were fast and we actually got enough players in the box.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's happening again. Lorient, Arsenal, Hertha and Marseille - every place he has had issues. I loved guendouzi and still feel he is really a great talent but glad we dodged a bullet and got an equally good player in lokonga.

Should stop criticizing Mikel for this one.
Man asking God why when a teammate has a bad first touch. 🤣🤣

Gonna do that at my next match.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Top post. If he shows signs of having learnt how to attack whilst defending well, we’ll all get behind him. Nobody wants him to lose and be 10th with a terrible goal difference.

And Sp**s are getting what they deserved. I can’t believe they sacked a manager who was getting them continuous top 4 with a team spending 6th, the first time he showed any signs of faltering. Much like Arsenal fans, Levy and the board shot themselves in the foot.

I know a lot of Sp**s fans that wanted him out as well, I don't know who gassed them, they were a rich man's West Ham before Poch.

They really are f*cked imo. Best player wants out, manager has already lost the fans, no money, no top young players. Arteta has to finish above them.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's happening again. Lorient, Arsenal, Hertha and Marseille - every place he has had issues. I loved guendouzi and still feel he is really a great talent but glad we dodged a bullet and got an equally good player in lokonga.

Joke aside, he would fit in well in the old United or Arsenal changing rooms. The invincibles had a fight after winning the league because they didn’t keep a clean sheet or something.

Issue with him is he needs to be good enough to play for a team where the standards are that high.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Players like that have no future... Imagine if TH14 did things like that.... Wait... He did

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

My boi here has a winner's mentality
He’s the sort of player who’d say, “Mikel, shut the **** up when we‘re playing, how are we meant to concentrate.” He doesn’t suffer fools this lad.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I mean there's a reason Guendouzi is bouncing around clubs like Hertha and Marseille and it's not because due to lack of ability.

Remember loads of Arsenal fans thinking he'd be getting picked up by an elite club for an elite fee when he was made available for transfer. This sort of stuff is why no big club was interested in buying him.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
You're not wrong:

Full article

Please no more

4a66iz.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom