• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

A lot of spot-on posting lately in regards to football just not being enjoyable anymore, surprisingly from @GDeep™ as well. Not sure if it's the fact we're just not competitive whatsoever or team/manager not likeable. Mostly both.

Can't remember who posted it but someone mentioned about be buzzing when teams like United lost, but honestly not even bothered anymore. When we lose I get over it so easily, ugh I don't know, it's so sh*t.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Last exciting season was Unai's first, don't think Mikel has ever had an excitement for a sustained period. We finished off well with the FA cup, community shield and a thrashing of Fulham but since then it's been pants.

Kav

Established Member
Last exciting season was Unai's first, don't think Mikel has ever had an excitement for a sustained period. We finished off well with the FA cup, community shield and a thrashing of Fulham but since then it's been pants.
Your best post in a while. Maybe it’s the accuracy or the fact that you refrained from opining. Keep it up.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

A lot of spot-on posting lately in regards to football just not being enjoyable anymore, surprisingly from @GDeep™ as well. Not sure if it's the fact we're just not competitive whatsoever or team/manager not likeable. Mostly both.

Can't remember who posted it but someone mentioned about be buzzing when teams like United lost, but honestly not even bothered anymore. When we lose I get over it so easily, ugh I don't know, it's so sh*t.

Absolutely world class posting, like Salahs performance yesterday. I've got goosebumps just reading them.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I'm somewhere between options 2 & 3, tbh. The team isn't very good (though that's at least partially his fault) and the league is just brutal these days. But you still gotta think EL (or even Conference + good cup performances) is the bar.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard

“We were all guided in a way, or made to feel in a different way about the game because we had Arsène as a manager,” Arteta said.“He started the fire in us to be a coach. Not only in me or probably in Patrick, but in many others, with his way of treating everybody at the club and with how he felt the game.”

Having such an obvious influence as Wenger does have the downside of offering comparisons to be made with the Frenchman but Arteta is not threatened by such scrutiny.

“You have no choice (about comparisons),” he said. “You have the choice to say ‘no, I don’t want to take that job because they are always going to compare me’. “But if you love what you want to do and you feel capable of achieving what you think you can achieve for that club, then it is your decision to take it up.”

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
The point I think is not even how people mock him. It's just that this thread basically keeps on repeating the same crying and whining non-stop, with no new input.
That's because we haven't seen anything more deserving from the side; the team have played decent football for 45 mins this season.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
There was a stat somewhere like this season we create less chances against other teams than is average, and teams create more chances against us than they usually do for other teams.

We’re just a bad team. Guarantee you in 6 weeks time Mikel’s job will be on the line cos of how poor our form has been.
It was on that arsenal data scientist scott oh that crab Twitter account. Even only considering the last 4 games (ignoring Brentford, Chelsea and city) and we are still conceding more chances against opponents than other teams on average and creating fewer chances against these opponents than other teams on average. The stats are not as diabolical for only last 4 games but still below average.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hard to argue with this. I think it even filters down to the players. Like I think we have some really likeable characters as well: Saka/ESR/Tierney/White/Gabriel/Ramsdale ect, but its just hard to really form a connection with them because the football the team plays is so bad. I reckon those guys I mentioned, and probably even mavericks like Pepe and if he ever returns, Guendouzi, would get a lot of love if the team actually played a style of football a football supporter could actually get behind.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Im still lost as to what Arteta is doing - I dont see any great plan. I see we apply pressure in certain areas but generally we allow other teams have the ball and play. We have a load of players that are good on the ball but we dont seem to use them to maintain possession.

Top Bottom