• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

TriniGunner

The only valid reason for an eventual sacking is regression. No traces of dat so far, probably won’t be for the coming seasons either
Josh won't fire Arteta. They've been hugely successful in the US hiring coaches and giving them time. All their franchises have won titles and it's because Josh is smart enough to understand that you need to look at a team's development over a period of time. Throwing away a proper development plan for a quick transformation is usually a short-term strategy and conversely, you can see the results of his teams' winning championships in the US. We have an owner and a top-quality coach/manager. It's the reason why people over the past 2 years have pointed the finger at us saying "Look at Arteta and the time he was given". What they fail to understand is, it requires a culture shift and an owner that's willing to give the coach time to implement it.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

What talent? I think Arteta is getting a lot from this side, he is the talent I think. I don’t rate the players, Saliba aside.

No special players at all in this squad.

Saka and Rice are clearly exceptional players.

It’s rare to have 3 or 4 young guys like we do.

Bucephalus

Josh won't fire Arteta. They've been hugely successful in the US hiring coaches and giving them time. All their franchises have won titles and it's because Josh is smart enough to understand that you need to look at a team's development over a period of time. Throwing away a proper development plan for a quick transformation is usually a short-term strategy and conversely, you can see the results of his teams' winning championships in the US. We have an owner and a top-quality coach/manager. It's the reason why people over the past 2 years have pointed the finger at us saying "Look at Arteta and the time he was given". What they fail to understand is, it requires a culture shift and an owner that's willing to give the coach time to implement it.
It's absolutely mad to look up after all those years of hating Stan and realize we've got really good ownership right now. There were some dodgy times in Arteta's first full year, but now, you can see the plan. Josh wanted Pep-ball in North London, so he hired Pep's top assistant and gave him money, and carte blanche to get rid of players not fit for purpose. And then having committed to a plan, he rode it out to see where it would go, rather than making a panic change.

LookingForEric

To add to this, improvement would be not taking so long to make obvious changes to how we play or who plays where.

As would be being more competitive in knock outs, Bayern was a very strange performance over two legs.

Cups we should be seeing a bit more from the team, even if it's a highly changed one.

He won't get a full bench of players he'll trust, so he needs to do better with rotation.

Plenty for him to work on that is not tied to a point tally or challenging for the league, specially since the target to keep his job was always top 4 and I don't see that changing at all.

Wait, who said the target for him to keep his job is top 4? You keep saying this but where have you seen that?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Wait, who said the target for him to keep his job is top 4? You keep saying this but where have you seen that?

Because it's how Arsenal has always operated, and there has been zero evidence of that changing? The club stuck by him through worse, they're not going to sack him for a top 4 finish.

There's absolutely *nothing* that points to him having to win titles to keep his job.

What evidence do you have to the contrary?

LookingForEric

Because it's how Arsenal has always operated, and there has been zero evidence of that changing? The club stuck by him through worse, they're not going to sack him for a top 4 finish.

There's absolutely *nothing* that points to him having to win titles to keep his job.

What evidence do you have to the contrary?

Just a bit odd that the club hierarchy are operating differently now but you don’t believe the clubs hierarchy’s would act differently in regards to sackings?

Everything has changed with regards to the hierarchy. If we regressed to a top 4 team with the amount of money being spent he would be sacked/leave by mutual consent.

Wasn’t Emery just a few points off top 4? My man got sacked instantly. There’s your evidence, if it’s not good enough after millions have been put in they have no issue being ruthless.

These are monster business men, you think they wouldn’t be ruthless with their money now on the line?!

El Duderino

Wasn’t Emery just a few points off top 4? My man got sacked instantly. There’s your evidence, if it’s not good enough after millions have been put in they have no issue being ruthless.

:lol: How is it evidence if it never actually happened?

Emery was KEPT after failing to get top 4, he lost the dressing room the following season and then he was sacked.

Face Emoji GIF

El Duderino

What do you even mean by this? Arsenal has increased in value every year since Kroenke took over even when we finished 8.

If there was any evidence or circumstances pointing to anything he posted, I'd give him some benefit of the doubt, but there hasn't.

And even if he does fall off the top 4, context *and* recent history with Emery and even with Arteta, tells us he would have another shot at it at the least.

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
And - it should go without saying - thankfully so. Hard to imagine a more unworldly decision, firing Arteta after how well the team performed this year.

The proof is now in the pudding. And it’s a huge credit to the whole club that unlike last season, everyone seems to recognize that this level is now repeatable and what’s more, improvable yet.
Why thE feck are you so happy? I swear to god Bagels one day your positivity is really going to p.ss me off. I swear after the post covid i have had; unusually happy people really p.ss me off.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, June 17

Arsenal will demand £20m to sell Jakub Kiwior - a fee Juventus cannot afford [Daily Mirror]

Arsenal will attempt to sign Napoli striker Victor Osimhen in the coming days, but for an amount less than his release clause [RaiSport]

Arsenal only value Osimhen at €75, half his release clause [Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli]

Latest posts

Top Bottom