• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
This is what I would called coping tbf :lol: 38 games of misery, bottom of their CL group, a playstyle that makes Moyes erect etc.
I don’t think so they beat their rivals on last day of season for a prestigious trophy. The fact that they can brag about anything this season is down to the cup run. Post Ferguson United fan has as many trophies as post Ferguson Arsenal. So neither fanbase has had a lot to cheer for; this could be the best single day they have had in 12 years. They would have to be robots not to be happy or just coping. Are they happy with state of team no, but this gives them hope of improvement as well on other fronts.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'm old enough to remember when we sacked a beloved manager who won FA Cups in 3 of his last 4 seasons for not doing what Arteta has had us doing the last 2 seasons. We need the league and the CL. They should always take priority. Nobody here was satisfied winning FA Cups. It's odd to overhype them now. Is it nice to win them in addition to a league or CL? Of course, but they're not an entree, they're a side.

blaze_of_glory

I don’t think so they beat their rivals on last day of season for a prestigious trophy. The fact that they can brag about anything this season is down to the cup run. Post Ferguson United fan has as many trophies as post Ferguson Arsenal. So neither fanbase has had a lot to cheer for; this could be the best single day they have had in 12 years. They would have to be robots not to be happy or just coping. Are they happy with state of team no, but this gives them hope of improvement as well on other fronts.
Dont' forget they were a controversial referring decision away from going out to Coventry as well.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
This might be a long one.

If you want to beat City to a title, then you have to be infallible for the first 18 games of the season. Liverpool had to break records in the first half of the season to win their title (and yes, they had accumulated enough points before the lockdown took place so the four-month gap would've done nothing). City like to take their time to build momentum. Pep is a tinkerer but when the calendar hits March, the man is on demon time. It's similar to how Wenger would always find a balanced team come March when the top-four trophy was in danger of being lost.

That means we can't afford to **** around in August. It means buying players that can hit the ground running. It means Arteta has to find a balanced XI in August. It means being ruthless in August and not waiting until **** hits the fan to turn things around. I think that is why Arteta/Edu targets PL players despite our chagrin because they know there is no time to waste bedding in players when you're up against City. Ironically, pushing Havertz into our system as a midfielder, even though he was already a PL player, cost us the title. So if you're aboard the Rashford-to-Arsenal train, I better not hear any nonsense one-liners like, “he needs time to adjust” or “we need to rebuild his confidence”.

Time is of the essence.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
As sure as day follows night I knew thered be a load of weirdos for whom Utd winning the fa cup somehow makes our season worse after the fact 🤣🤣🤣 very strange psychology here, but that’s what keeps me coming back!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

@Batman be like...

"I remember what it was like when the PS4 was released, no one else alive today will ever know about that though!"

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
This might be a long one.

If you want to beat City to a title, then you have to be infallible for the first 18 games of the season. Liverpool had to break records in the first half of the season to win their title (and yes, they had accumulated enough points before the lockdown took place so the four-month gap would've done nothing). City like to take their time to build momentum. Pep is a tinkerer but when the calendar hits March, the man is on demon time. It's similar to how Wenger would always find a balanced team come March when the top-four trophy was in danger of being lost.

That means we can't afford to **** around in August. It means buying players that can hit the ground running. It means Arteta has to find a balanced XI in August. It means being ruthless in August and not waiting until **** hits the fan to turn things around. I think that is why Arteta/Edu targets PL players despite our chagrin because they know there is no time to waste bedding in players when you're up against City. Ironically, pushing Havertz into our system as a midfielder, even though he was already a PL player, cost us the title. So if you're aboard the Rashford-to-Arsenal train, I better not hear any nonsense one-liners like, “he needs time to adjust” or “we need to rebuild his confidence”.

Time is of the essence.

I wish I could erase this from my memory.

You can't really assess a manager's tenure without knowing the appropriate expectations/hopes. I expect us to win the Premier League once every 6-8 years. I expect us to be competitive for the Premier League most years, and I expect us to be in the top 4 virtually every year. Cups are high-volatility affairs. It's magical to win one, but a cup run says less about a team than its performance over a season. That's especially true of the domestic cups. You can win the FA Cup after beating only 1 or 2 good teams. If we meet the regular season expectations of being competitive, then you'll randomly win cups here and there.

The one exception I might make is for the Champions League. I think there is a mentality block at the club about winning the one with the big ears because we're one of the biggest clubs to have never won one. Plus, you have to beat 2-3 good teams over two-legs before you win the final.

Arteta has made us very competitive for the first time in a long time. His talent ID is impressive. We have a coherent style. He's building a culture and a DNA that is identifiable and suited for the modern game. And he loves the club. I am thrilled with his tenure so far and I'm quite confident the vast majority of fans and the owners are too.

Bucephalus

You can't really assess a manager's tenure without knowing the appropriate expectations/hopes. I expect us to win the Premier League once every 6-8 years. I expect us to be competitive for the Premier League most years, and I expect us to be in the top 4 virtually every year. Cups are high-volatility affairs. It's magical to win one, but a cup run says less about a team than its performance over a season. That's especially true of the domestic cups. You can win the FA Cup after beating only 1 or 2 good teams. If we meet the regular season expectations of being competitive, then you'll randomly win cups here and there.

The one exception I might make is for the Champions League. I think there is a mentality block at the club about winning the one with the big ears because we're one of the biggest clubs to have never won one. Plus, you have to beat 2-3 good teams over two-legs before you win the final.

Arteta has made us very competitive for the first time in a long time. His talent ID is impressive. We have a coherent style. He's building a culture and a DNA that is identifiable and suited for the modern game. And he loves the club. I am thrilled with his tenure so far and I'm quite confident the vast majority of fans and the owners are too.
This, 100%. Cups are just weird. Our cup exits in recent years (domestic and European) have involved freak individual errors--Auba missing from inside the six yard box, Ramsdale giving up a goal from the centre circle--heavily rotated sides like we claim to want--Patino being utterly ineffective against Forest--and drawing very high level opposition early on. There's things you can criticize about Arteta, but "stop drawing City, 'Pool and Bayern in cups" isn't a very good criticism.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We need to sort out Arteta’s contract as soon as possible.

Make no mistake, if the Pep news is true, they’ll be coming for Mikel.

Haphazard

Lmao 35. Absolute pensioner.
Me at 38 going through this thread and remembering our 9 year trophy drought

Aging Matt Damon GIF

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
What this season should tell us is that beating Man City, Liverpool etc isn't what wins you the title.

If you put away the other sides consistently you'll win the PL even with a fairly average record against other title challengers.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 18

Arsenal’s primary focus is strengthening their midfield, with the club leaning towards adding #6 due to having more options for this position in the market [Gunnerblog]

Arsenal will continue to follow Benjamin Šeško’s progress and maintain a relationship with the player [Gunnerblog]

Monaco midfielder Aleksandr Golovin says he would be open to joining Arsenal: “But if you move, then only to top clubs. PSG, Manchester City, Real Madrid. I would also say Arsenal, because I have always had sympathy for this club.” [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom