• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What this season should tell us is that beating Man City, Liverpool etc isn't what wins you the title.

If you put away the other sides consistently you'll win the PL even with a fairly average record against other title challengers.
That's why Arteta needs a City level squad to win the title. Proper depth to rotate and handle injuries.

It's obvious and has always been. Otherwise you just pray for a miracle.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Had no idea about this wtf. I just had in my head he cost them about £50m because of Wenger's interview when he said if he was to sign one player it would be Neymar.

You're right about Cesc as a midfielder but bear in mind around that time he played false 9 for the Spanish national team and won the Euros playing from that position he was versatile enough to justify keeping him as a high quality squad player.

Similarly when they got rid of Sanchez to Arsenal that was also baffling to me as he was effectively a high quality utility forward who could play any of the front three positions without too much of a drop off.
Your last point about Sanchez is a thought I had at the time. He was actually a fantastic forward but from memory Barca were playing him rigidly off the left hugging the left touchline to stretch the pitch. I can’t remember if he played up front for them but would have been a fantastic option for them there. The guy had everything at that time

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

8rqy84.jpg

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
From January 2015 he was mega washed. Aka the second half of the Chelsea season.

Good individual output for Barcelona in seasons which were seen as failures in Spain. Lost the league to Real, destroyed by Bayern and disrupted the greatest midfield of all time forcing Iniesta onto the wing.

Wasn’t as good as any of the main three and as soon as they upgraded to Rakitic they won the Champions League.
Barca had no business being so desperate for Fabregas, they only wanted him because he played for Arsenal and was La Masia. Barca will sign players just because they played for Arsenal.

TriniGunner

It's absolutely mad to look up after all those years of hating Stan and realize we've got really good ownership right now. There were some dodgy times in Arteta's first full year, but now, you can see the plan. Josh wanted Pep-ball in North London, so he hired Pep's top assistant and gave him money, and carte blanche to get rid of players not fit for purpose. And then having committed to a plan, he rode it out to see where it would go, rather than making a panic change.
We're also forgetting one critical factor of Arteta being our manager. He absolutely loves this club. It's not a job for him. He's been a player here, a captain here and he truly wants to see the club do well for him and the fans. It's a factor that gives him an edge in my opinion.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Very good news that, most important person at the club right now.

Really liked Edu's recent interview too, we have people who really care about the club in key positions again and I love it!

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 18

Arsenal’s primary focus is strengthening their midfield, with the club leaning towards adding #6 due to having more options for this position in the market [Gunnerblog]

Arsenal will continue to follow Benjamin Šeško’s progress and maintain a relationship with the player [Gunnerblog]

Monaco midfielder Aleksandr Golovin says he would be open to joining Arsenal: “But if you move, then only to top clubs. PSG, Manchester City, Real Madrid. I would also say Arsenal, because I have always had sympathy for this club.” [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom