• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I don't think top 6 is that unrealistic, Everton and West Ham will probably drop off at some point and Chelsea are in crisis. Not to mention that apart from Chelsea all the usual big six have to come to the Emirates in the second half of the season.

We saw with Tierney that you can't risk running players into the ground, and no matter what we think of them a team with Pepe + Willian should have enough about them to score at least once. Arteta was also unlucky that Auba had a personal matter to attend to, he could've provided a spark off the bench too.

Think its optimistic to hope that the 4 teams ahead of us for the 6th spot all drop enough points while we continue to pick them up. If Everton win their 2 games in hand theyd be 11 points ahead... that 3 wins and 2 draws wed need before catching up to them or 4 wins to go a point ahead.

Arteta was a bit unlucky but Pepe and Willian have shown they dont actually have enough to get a goal against an organised side. Mightve chanced one but not both, you know what youll get with them at this point and its nothing good.

novar

Yeah I guess the league gives him another chance with our best XI against a more tired Soton, but imo this was our only way to Europe this season. And when first team players came on our game didn't improve much anyway.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We played Southampton twice now, if Arteta can't beat Southampton, maybe we should just get rid of him and bring in Southampton's manager? Just a thought.

We're playing Southampton again soon in the PL, that's the funny thing. Let's see what Arteta fans say once he fails yet AGAIN.

We wont lose to them again, because we arent going to play the same team.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Going out in the 1/16 round in the FA Cup, out in the EFL Cup and 10th in the PL so far.

After half of a season, there is nothing to defend Mikel so far. But our standards are so low thanks to this, some fans will celebrate finishing 7th at the end of the season.

Wouldn't be surprise if Benfica knocks us out too.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Arteta was a bit unlucky but Pepe and Willian have shown they dont actually have enough to get a goal against an organised side. Mightve chanced one but not both, you know what youll get with them at this point and its nothing good.
What team would you have started with?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
What team would you have started with?

Everyone will disagree with me but Id have started Niles on the wing instead of Pepe. Southampton press high and hes willing and able to cover back and break on the counter. Some long balls to him and Bertrand would've had to fall back meaning they couldnt play as high or be hit with counter attack after counter. Would've played Ceballos in midfield so it wasnt as flat as well.

Reactions: A_G

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Arteta is our Ole, just ticking us along and overseeing the squad revamp. We'll probably lose out on Tuchel, but Rodgers remains.

As long as we continue to clear out and add quality, Im good to go. Its the little things.
Yeah I think that’s the best way to think about it and preserve our peace. We are making good signings, the type who will work under any manager.

I’m confident he’s not the guy to take us forwards but this squad isn’t CL quality anyway.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Ceballos injured, Nelson looks like might be off on loan
This is the best team he could have picked. Maybe could have had esr in bench. Our back ups are so **** that they don't want to take up this chance as well. Last time everyone blamed him for Tierney injury. We obviously didn't want a repeat of that. This loss not on Mikel.

Having said that, we need to go and win the league game now. No excuses if we don't win that.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It’s always tricky to work out when a loss is unlucky or if it’s more evidence of a manager not being good enough.

Our rivals could have also today tbf. I think this tough run we have coming up will make that clearer.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Going out in the 1/16 round in the FA Cup, out in the EFL Cup and 10th in the PL so far.

After half of a season, there is nothing to defend Mikel so far. But our standards are so low thanks to this, some fans will celebrate finishing 7th at the end of the season.

Wouldn't be surprise if Benfica knocks us out too.
The list of fixtures in and around the EL knock out games -

Leeds(H)
Benfica(A)
City(H)
Benfica(H)
Leicester(A)

We are absolutely f*cked

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think hes only vindicated if we get European football because this looked to be out best chance and thats what he was gambling with.

I dont think he has the ability to get us to Europe.

A blessing in disguise us going out of the cups this year, gives us a chance to keep our better players in the PL and EL, with no expectations of course. Our only expectation of him right now should be to get past 40 points.

Last edited:

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
I think hes only vindicated if we get European football because this looked to be out best chance and thats what he was gambling with.
The Europa league?

Is there much point in qualifying for it.

Massive distraction and useless at the same time.

Strange our league form flip flopped 100% since we had no Thursday night games.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I dont think he has the ability to get us to Europe.

A blessing in disguise us going out of the cups this year, gives us a chance to keep our better players in the PL and EL, with no expectations of course. Our only expectation of him should be to get past 40 points.
Arteta has surprised me. Never thought he’d have such a big ego. It’s not a good characteristic to have in your locker for man management.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
The Europa league?

Is there much point in qualifying for it.

Massive distraction and useless at the same time.

Strange our league form flip flopped 100% since we had no Thursday night games.

Well wed probably lose 25-30 million excluding the crowds which is a gabriel signing or a major deficit

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom