• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
No mention of Lacazette carrying the teams on the back of his shoulder like AM like you to believe. Yikes. The conspiracy continues!

Carragher spot on about ESR. "Those little lay-offs and movements sometimes don't look like the most spectacular things but I tell you what, the players playing with him will appreciate them."

Even when someone wants to make it appears that ESR is playing badly he is still doing things that teams need, all the time! So glad we moved from 3-4-3 and then away from lazy Willian out of the team.

Yes with ESR its his movement, energy, quick thinking & his touch. We've missed all of these in this position since Özil played with enthusiasm.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
With Ødegaard to rotate and possibly play with, plus Partey in the middle & Saka doing his thing, we can expect some great football for the rest of this season.
————————Martinelli——————————
Saka——Ødegaard——ESR/Ceballos——Pepe
—————————-Partey——————————

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Certainly don't go into these big games fearing a demolition anymore, defence looks really well organised. Good result but also very pleased with the performance tonight, we are so much more watchable than we where a month or so ago.

I definitely wanted him out after Burnley but he's shown great character for a young coach to turn it around. We're a long way from being out the woods but leaves me more eager to see what we become once he gets the personnel he wants, more so in the summer.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Changed the players and the approach from earlier in the season, makes some questionable decisions but seems to learn from them at least. We look well organised and solid even when we have to rotate the defence so much.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Arteta deserves some breathing space till the end of the season now. Then we can evaluate.

The position he was in at Christmas was pretty perilous. A lot of experienced managers wouldn't have got out of that rut, to be honest. It shows he's got something about him to turn that around and more importantly than the players, by and large, dug in for him.

It feels like he's really starting to learn from his mistakes / inexperience too.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Certainly don't go into these big games fearing a demolition anymore, defence looks really well organised. Good result but also very pleased with the performance tonight, we are so much more watchable than we where a month or so ago.
Yeah, other than the 3-0 at City after the restart in June I can't remember too many big games where he hasn't had the team competitive against the top 6. That's why I was so confident before kick-off even with the injuries.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Yeah, other than the 3-0 at City after the restart in June I can't remember too many big games where he hasn't had the team competitive against the top 6. That's why I was so confident before kick-off even with the injuries.
If he can fine tune the attack over time whilst remaining strong at the back we could really be onto something. Time will tell though.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Very well organised today. Arteta has improved the team defensively and how we play out of the back so much. We just lack that X factor in the final third. If we can get that somehow, either through new signings, or through the players we have going up a level (Saka/Pepe/Martinelli), then I think we will improve very quickly.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Sp*rs away was bad. Barely looked like scoring. Liverpool away earlier in the season wasn't great either, got thoroughly outplayed.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Sp**s away changed after a wonder goal from Son. And Liverpool should've been 2-2 but Lacazette missed a sitter with 10 minutes to go.
Wonder goal yes but still we never caused a threat going forward. Feel the home game against them would follow a similar pattern. We are not suited to play a counterattacking team that well.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Wonder goal yes but still we never caused a threat going forward. Feel the home game against them would follow a similar pattern. We are not suited to play a counterattacking team that well.
Jose scored and then retreated into his back six, worst case scenario when you play against them. Besides, at 0-1 Lacazette played Bellerin into this position:
Untitled.jpg

His poor cross was cut out and it led directly to their second goal. If Auba had across Aurier maybe Bellerin plays him in and it's 1-1. Fine margins.

Top Bottom