• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I mean they had won the CL in 2005 and almost won the league in 2009 and 2014.

It got bad under Hodgson but they then got one of the best executives in recent history.
Untitled.jpg

Outside of the one season where they caught lightning in a bottle with their SAS front line, it was pretty grim for them in terms of league position.

Remember how bad they were in 2014? Sold Suarez and wasted all the money, then did likewise the following summer with Sterling (except for signing Firmino). In spite of all that, Klopp and Ancelotti both wanted the job.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Untitled.jpg

Outside of the one season where they caught lightning in a bottle with their SAS front line, it was pretty grim for them in terms of league position.

Remember how bad they were in 2014? Sold Suarez and wasted all the money, then did likewise the following summer with Sterling (except for signing Firmino). In spite of all that, Klopp and Ancelotti both wanted the job.

Do you remember when we beat Liverpool away in 09/10?

Cesc was doing the post match, said that Arsène was out for blood at halftime due to our very poor first half and that the players fear carried them to victory in the second half :lol:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If we're going to end up seeing some kind of European Super League ( Which I think is going to happen, sooner or later) we may as well just pack up supporting the club.

That and some oil Sheikh / Oligarch taking over are probably the only 2 things that could kill my love of the club.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Cesc was doing the post match, said that Arsène was out for blood at halftime due to our very poor first half and that the players fear carried them to victory in the second half :lol:
Whatever he said had the desired effect. :shivering:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I remember this too, he said he never seen Arsène like that. Arshavin scored the winner IIRC. I also watched it with 3 Liverpool fans, good times. :drool:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool back then were in a much worse state than Arsenal currently are. They won one trophy between the FA Cup in 2006 and the CL in 2019, but as @squallman says no one cared.

The FA cup is not part of the PL. It doesn't count in terms of your status in the table. They were midtable, and so are we. If you wanna describe us as an FA winning midtable team, be my guest.

GDeep™

League is very weak
People having a go at Wenger when stats wise this is going the be a worse season than ANY Wenger EVER had?

I’m supporting Arteta, just like I backed Wenger, I’ll give Arteta into next season. I even regret hating on Emery now that we have the full information on his reign, but some of you are waffling now and it looks odd given the car crash we’re not only witnessing now but have witnessed for the last 3 years.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Bet they are just holding out for this Super League where money will be more or less divorced from results.

Of course they are. They are betting on it, which is why they don't give a toss about our league position.

It’s mental that we’ll be getting in ahead of Leicester when you consider the progress they’ve made over the last decade :lol:

It's not about league position, it's about money and market penetration. The Kroenkes will be sinking money into the league, promoting in the US though their sports conglomerate, and milking the profits.

The Kroenkes offer added value, so does the Arsenal name and global fanbase.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The FA cup is not part of the PL. It doesn't count in terms of your status in the table. They were midtable, and so are we. If you wanna describe us as an FA winning midtable team, be my guest.
I said they were in a worse state, which includes their trophy drought.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I said they were in a worse state, which includes their trophy drought.

And I just said that the FA cup does not count towards the PL. As a PL team, we are, as they were midtable.

As a PL team you can be defined as one of the following: relegation fodder, midtable, top 6, top 4 contender.

Of the above, we are most definitely midtable, for the present.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
And I just said that the FA cup does not count towards the PL. As a PL team, we are, as they were midtable.

As a PL team you can be defined as one of the following: relegation fodder, midtable, top 6, top 4 contender.

Of the above, we are most definitely midtable, for the present.
So by your standard, West Ham and Villa are top 6 clubs?

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
So by your standard, West Ham and Villa are top 6 clubs?

This season they proved they can be. Villa, I expect to see in the top 6 regularly.

There was a time, not too long ago, when Leicester was midtable. Then they won the league and the rest is history. Do not overlook Villa and West Ham.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
This season they proved they can be. Villa, I expect to see in the top 6 regularly.

There was a time, not too long ago, when Leicester was midtable. Then they won the league and the rest is history. Do not overlook Villa and West Ham.
Yeah, for this season. It takes more than that to really break into the "big six".

Top Bottom