• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, for this season. It takes more than that to really break into the "big six".

Not much more, just one more season., But as we all know it is far easier to slide a slope in people's estimation than it is to climb. I'm sure you know that as well as I do.

But I'm tired of this argument now. If you're happy seeing us as a top 6, who am I to rain on your parade.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

When you actually look at the 1st 11 on paper it is decent bar another cm imo. But we have too many bums still at the club and Arteta telling them literally what todo on the pitch, needs to stop!!

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Not much more, just one more season., But as we all know it is far easier to slide a slope in people's estimation than it is to climb. I'm sure you know that as well as I do.

But I'm tired of this argument now. If you're happy seeing us as a top 6, who am I to rain on your parade.
I never said the club was top 6, just that labelling Arsenal as a "midtable club is premature.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Untitled.jpg

In spite of all that, Klopp and Ancelotti both wanted the job.

different level of fanbase, ownership.

Reactions: A_G

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The players and board back him, lots of people in the game think he's a good coach, we're seeing improvements in the style of play, fine, but how are we only 2 points above Crystal Palace? They're not even trying, they have a squad which 1) is worse than ours and 2) is going nowhere under Hodgson. How are we only 2 points better than that?

gamechannel

different level of fanbase, ownership.

Not just that, they had won CL twice while we hadn't. Also every year they were spending money. Above all, they had the ****ing RedSox owners. They were all about Winning. Ffs, they were one Gerard slip away from winning the PL one season. We weren't in the same stratosphere. Our owner had never won anything of significance at his other franchises, we were known to be frugal. Different teams. But we had the allure of Wenger. Now, we have the same ****ty owner, no European pedigree and we have Mikel mfucking Arteta as our manager!

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Not just that, they had won CL twice while we hadn't. Also every year they were spending money. Above all, they had the ****ing RedSox owners. They were all about Winning. Ffs, they were one Gerard slip away from winning the PL one season. We weren't in the same stratosphere. Our owner had never won anything of significance at his other franchises, we were known to be frugal. Different teams. But we had the allure of Wenger. Now, we have the same ****ty owner, no European pedigree and we have Mikel mfucking Arteta as our manager!

actually we were there or thereabouts, but we were hammered by the media and referee bias. Liverpool gets off easy

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Not one person on this forum or anywhere in the fan base is happy with our current league position. The recent stuff is far more encouraging though, but we can’t go back in time and get back those points that we have lost so all we can do is look at our more recent points haul and take the positives from that, which is what people are doing. Some people don’t want to look at that and some people do. So some people are not open to recognising improvement and some people are. I don’t see the point in not being open to persuasion in this game.

Come on. I know you know a bum when you see one

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We are gonna be 13th by the end of this weekend, aren't we :facepalm:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
10, 11, 12, 13, 14 etc. Does it matter?

Not really...though anything below 12th, and Mikel sets the new record of our worst ever Premiership finish, in only his first full season in charge.

Probably doesn't want that on the CV :lol:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I get it, you don’t like Arteta. Great. Change him. Then you can complain about the next imperfect manager and his shortcomings. I’ll just focus on the talent. I don’t watch matches to rate the manager.
Well that’s just dumb. The manager is the one who brings the best out of the players talent. Saying I don’t care if the manager is incompetent means you don’t care for the results

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I get it, you don’t like Arteta. Great. Change him. Then you can complain about the next imperfect manager and his shortcomings. I’ll just focus on the talent. I don’t watch matches to rate the manager.

This is what the real big clubs do. They know managers come and go, but they really focus on making signings that fit their club and above all who have quality.

We haven't got the recruitment right in far too long now, the club has to get that right or else it doesn't matter who the manager is.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom