• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Smith Rowe was plagued by injuries until Arteta returned with the horse placenta. Does ESR not fit this narrative of Arteta not playing and developing youngsters?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
His tenure has been a bit of a rollercoaster so far. We are still in with a chance of getting a top seven placing and EL football but the odds lengthening. A win this weekend would go some way to gving us a fair chance.

Winning the EL this year though it's still a long shot would suddenly make him like the 5th or 6th most successful Arsenal manager of all time so hero or villain? We'll know more in two months or so.

Finesse

Saka, AMN, Guendouzi etc all got their breaks and performed for Emery. AMN killed Valencia I think playing RB in the EL. Saka even today talks about Emery, when he signed his contract in his statement he spoke about Emery.

If anything, the biggest issue with Arteta I have is that for now he has washed his hands with our young talent - he’s developed basically none of them. Saliba, Martinelli and AMN have actually stalled or gone backwards.

Saka , AMN were already playing under Arsène. Douzi was Emery's player and of course he played under him and later on Freddie. All these players played under Arteta until for very obvious reasons found themselves out of the team.

This agenda he washed his hands off them is absolute biased and contradictory. AMN was a key player in Arteta's team , FA Cup run , Community shield win and he refused to sell him for so much money from Wolves. Football is healthy competition and he was played out of the team by Hector / Cedric . In midfield the competition is even stiffer with Partey coming in. What should the manager do? Someone is always going to be left out of the team. Watch him no for WB and ask yourself who he can keep out of the team at this very crucial part of the campaign?

Douzi was a key player in Arteta's team until his issues which is very public knowledge. It has not stopped even at Hertha on loan.

Add Willock to the equation. He has played so many games under Arteta and sometimes to the disbelief of may on here.

Martinelli was injured and he is back but a bit rusty. We can play him to form, but we are very desperate now and don't have that luxury. If Martinelli plays then Pepe does not and vice versa. Its a catch 22.

Only Saliba's situation was the issue. It was never his decision not to play or use him. Every manager has the right to make that decision. The travesty was the management of his time here and why he was not sent back on loan immediately. Arteta and Edu take the blame for that.

Nelson has his chances. Many and he never managed to emerge into the player we hope he should. He even turned down loan options to go and play football knowing his fate and competition for spots on the wing.

If Arteta is getting stick for the slump in some of the young boys , then should he be getting credit for Saka and ESR our 2 top performers for the past months?

The hatred for the Manager and the fact most on here don't want him here is the basis for this very unconstructive criticism and analysis of the facts. Arteta is not my cup of tea but objectivity is key in my analysis.

If Pepe plays and keeps his place then he will take someone out of the team. If Auba keeps scoring he will keep Laca out. Yes we can rotate and the Manager is caught between these decisions and doing all to finish the season stronger. After a disastrous spell he wants to rely on what he thinks is best and manage the situation to the best of his ability. He has more data , stats and knowledge of these guys than us on here.

This weekend he will rotate and we shall all be back here to discuss it. However we should remain objective.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Last two years, yep. But we all know why that was.

We don't know that though.

You developed a hypothesis as to why Wenger started to fail in his last couple of years.

Planes, banners, social media etc and are stating it as a fact because it fits the narrative that you desire to be true. That Wenger hadn't declined as a manger, so the decline had to be due to outside influences.

You're stuck in a loop where you biases won't allow you to even consider alternative and more realistic reasons for Wenger's decline.

You're going to keep presenting the planes, banner, social media line as factual irrespective and there's nothing that could possibly change your mind of that front :lol:

Last edited:

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Smith Rowe was plagued by injuries until Arteta returned with the horse placenta. Does ESR not fit this narrative of Arteta not playing and developing youngsters?
He was forced too. Anyone that watches Arsenal closely understands this....even media was piling on pressure to give Smith Rowe a chance. Too many stinkers by Wilian being a default starter and showing nothing.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We don't know that though.

You developed a hypothesis as to why Wenger started to fail in his last couple of years.

Planes, banners, social media etc and are stating it as a fact because it fits the narrative that you desire to be true. That Wenger hadn't declined as a manger, so the decline had to be due to outside influences.

You're stuck in a loop where you biases won't allow you to even consider alternative and more realistic reasons for Wenger's decline.

You're going to keep presenting the planes, banner, social media line as factual irrespective :lol:
:lol: It’s not a hypothesis or bias. It’s what actually occurred. And you witnessed it too.

You’re the one stuck in a loop if you are still trying to suggest he would have declined anyway, without all that stuff going on. And you have absolutely no prove of that bro. I can’t believe you can’t see this.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Winning the EL this year though it's still a long shot would suddenly make him like the 5th or 6th most successful Arsenal manager of all time so hero or villain? We'll know more in two months or so.
:lol: Lovely stuff.

REWB

He was forced too. Anyone that watches Arsenal closely understands this....even media was piling on pressure to give Smith Rowe a chance. Too many stinkers by Wilian being a default starter and showing nothing.

He really wasnt forced to? Who in the mainstream media even knew of ESR? wtf are you talking about? only arsenal fans were talking about that and even they werent sure.

He didnt have to play ESR as even with the injuries he could have just went with a different formation like 5-4-1 meaning no room for an AM

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
:lol: It’s not a hypothesis or bias. It’s what actually occurred. And you witnessed it too.

You’re the one stuck in a loop if you are still trying to suggest he would have declined anyway, without all that stuff going on. And you have absolutely no prove of that bro. I can’t believe you can’t see this.

It is a hypothesis though. There's no evidence that the planes, banners and social media were what caused Wenger's decline, you just present it as such.

I'm saying a guy in his late 60's with a noted history of stubbornness was probably starting to get bypassed by a newer generation of manager with fresh ideas.

That's a perfectly plausible scenario, people age and stubborn people tend to get more stubborn as they age. Few managers are on the cutting edge of football when they're pushing 70. You just flat out deny that aging is a thing when it comes to Wenger for whatever reason.

Kav

Established Member
I don’t see why anyone should be having a go at Arteta after the team went through the next round of the Europa. Yes we were not great but we are through so he gets a reprieve.

If you’re going to have a go at him then it should be for the entirety of his tenure and in particular this season’s performances and results which have been frankly poor and below standard.

I doubt he’s the long term solution and have what it takes to bring this club where we want to go but I can’t understand those who now want him gone suddenly.

He’s been crap all season but some of you lot want him gone because he barely beat Benfica? Weird.

Arsenal1508

He is not the long term manager for this club. Doesn't have the CV.

We play similar to when we were boring boring Arsenal. If we were a big club, we would have sacked him.

Arsenal1508

He really wasnt forced to? Who in the mainstream media even knew of ESR? wtf are you talking about? only arsenal fans were talking about that and even they werent sure.

He didnt have to play ESR as even with the injuries he could have just went with a different formation like 5-4-1 meaning no room for an AM
The Arsenal former players and media members were calling out for him. It was either ESR or Arteta loses his job.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

That's pretty amazing, when you think about it...

1. Wenger/Chapman
3. Graham
4. Mee
5. Allison
6. Arteta?

...my boy climbing the ranks :drool:

Last edited:

Kav

Established Member
That's pretty amazing, when you think about it...

1. Wenger/Chapman
3. Graham
4. Mee
5. Allison
6. Arteta?

...my boy climbing those ranks :drool:
This shows that we have not had many successful managers in our history if a rookie can reach 6th most successful after winning 2 trophies. Mind you he would probably be a lot higher on the Sp**s manager table. Lol

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
This shows that we have not had many successful managers in our history if a rookie can reach 6th most successful after winning 2 trophies. Mind you he would probably be a lot higher on the Sp**s manager table. Lol
You're absolutely right. When people were having a go at Wenger for not winning a trophy in nine years (despite coming very close several times) they didn't seem to realise that, historically, not winning trophies was the norm for Arsenal.

Arsenal have had like 4 golden era in their history: Chapman/Allinson, Mee, Graham and Wenger. That's all. The last three were all missed opportunities to cement us as the biggest club in England.

Sorry, I forgot Tom Whitaker who should probably be level with Mee more or less.

Reactions: Kav

Latest posts

Top Bottom