Mikel Arteta: Mid-table Mikel

Should Mikel Be Criticised For Giving Willian £200k a week?

• Yes

• No

• Mikel Knows Best and He 👏 Doesn't 👏 Owe 👏 You 👏 An 👏 Explanation

Results are only viewable after voting.

blrgooner

look this is a football forum. Try to not assume that people here dont understand football and cant get context. We were playing for our lives and leceister was playing for tea. Brendan is a ****head but they have better things to play for these days.
Well so now Leicester have better things to play for. But they still play their 34 year old striker for the whole game yesterday? In fact there are only 2 changes to the team that played in the weekend. Lets not make it look like Leicester didn`t care about winning this trophy. Winning this would have been a huge achievement for them.

Jury

Mission Accomplished
Emery probably had similar numbers. We definitely scored more goals under him that's for sure.
The football was absolute turd 8 times out of 10 though. I don’t recall us stringing 2 aesthetically acceptable games together the whole time he was here. Would blow the odd team away now and again though. And then there was that really good performance against Sp**s.

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The football was absolute turd 8 times out of 10 though. I don’t recall us stringing 2 aesthetically acceptable games together the whole time he was here. Would blow the odd team away now and again though. And then there was that really good performance against Sp**s.
The only area where Arteta has been definitively better than Emery is the goals conceded. But that is cancelled out by a worse goal scored as well as points per game.

Jury

Mission Accomplished
The only area where Arteta has been definitively better than Emery is the goals conceded. But that is cancelled out by a worse goal scored as well as points per game.
I know whose team so I would rather watch though. Still just over a third of the season left anyway. We’ll do the numbers at the end and then decide if it’s progression or stagnation.

Sapient Hawk

The Reason We're Out of Europe
Forgive my vagueness. I think it's:

Wenger
Chapman
Allinson
Graham
Mee

So that's at least 6th if he wins 2 trophies in two seasons (plus the Community Shield)

Arteta will never be spoken of in the same breath as any of his predecessors save Bruce Rioch (and he at least had the foresight to sign one of Arsenal's greatest ever players, Dennis Bergkamp)

GDeep™

Dissociating
You’re a hard one to work out lad.. You sound as if you’re back on board :lol:

Look at Chelsea rescue you the other night , unbelievable ffs
Chelsea are a better team I think.

I’m always backing Arteta, just have to call out his weaknesses sometimes, like I did with Wenger.

With better players he’ll have us competing for top 4, no doubt, just that our spending since Wenger has left has been atrocious - you backed it though with your hard on for Raul.

hydrofluoric acid

Many Men Wish Death Upon Me

I think we have improved passing the ball out from the back and we are more press resilient than before.

I doubt he will be sacked. I don't think we can afford it. So it will be interesting to see how he grows as manager next season!

Jury

Mission Accomplished
Chelsea are a better team I think.

I’m always backing Arteta, just have to call out his weaknesses sometimes, like I did with Wenger.

With better players he’ll have us competing for top 4, no doubt, just that our spending since Wenger has left has been atrocious - you backed it though with your hard on for Raul.
:lol: It was never like that, I didn’t really have an opinion on the guy. Just went along with the big Dick shtick... At the end of the day he done a lot of good here too.

GoonerJeeves

Up The Terriers
Trusted
I figured I'd go for something in the middle of the park, with a point for optimism. Turns out I am among the most optimistic lunatics here...

6 is high enough to quickly go Arteta-In if he is a success, but you can backtrack to " GET THAT ****ER OUTTA MY CLUB - ****IN' FRAUD OF A MAN".

A very safe bet.

Latest posts

Match Prediction

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Everton

Votes: 17 40.5%