• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
No. But I won't think that whoever has just scored against City in a 5-1 has achieved a greater feat than we did in beating them in the FA Cup.
Yeah you've missed the point entirely. Scoring against Pep isn't an achievement. But not being to able to score, let alone get a point or win a game against them is an indication of how bad we've become.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Yeah you've missed the point entirely. Scoring against Pep isn't an achievement. But not being to able to score, let alone get a point or win a game against them is an indication of how bad we've become.
Don't think I did. My point was that we scored against Pep twice and knocked them out of the cup. For me that's better than scoring against him in the league but losing the game.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Don't think I did. My point was that we scored against Pep twice and knocked them out of the cup. For me that's better than scoring against him in the league but losing the game.
Sums up the fanbase. You know you are allowed to score goals AND win a game in the league right?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Yeah think I worked that out. And you're also allowed to celebrate your team winning a trophy even if you don't like the manager too.
Who says I didn't? But there's a point after which you cannot milk one good game to justify years of bad results. We beat Sp*rs 4-2 back in 2018. Should I be satisfied that we haven't been able to beat them since because of that?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The position is bad. It's bad being 11th but we have to ask questions if Arteta can improve as a manager and the team because he is here to stay.

We are defending better, we are passing out from the back better and beating the press better. It is a decent foundation moving forward.

We have Partey yet to show his best with us. Tierney is fully adapted and doing well. Saka and ESR are still very young and learning, they will improve. Saka is now contributing a lot better in goals and assists.

I just wish Arteta would stop being such a sucker for losers like Luiz, Willian, Cedric, etc... We need better players in these positions!
I think that October 17-December 26 period had shaken the faith in him, in fact I'd go as far as saying that it's completely changed how a huge chunk of the fans view him. It was pretty bad in fairness:
arsenals-attacking-stats-since-october-international-break.jpg

Ever since then obviously he's put Smith Rowe into the team and things have changed for the better. People will say he wasn't fit enough to play regularly before this and it might be true, but Arteta should've made that position a priority in the summer if he was going to force Özil out. He miscalculated on that front and it's probably cost the team a chance at top 4. It seems like he's learned from that mistake so that's a positive from a young coach.

I've been less harsh on him in recent weeks because apart from the Palace game at home, some things have been out of his control. Some poor finishing and refereeing against Wolves or a ridiculous mistake by Cedric at Villa. Even against Benfica, the performance wasn't great but Ceballos gifted them two goals. That's where I agree with the argument that he needs backing in the summer to improve, because now you can see a team developing he's just getting screwed by individual incompetence.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Who says I didn't? But there's a point after which you cannot milk one good game to justify years of bad results. We beat Sp*rs 4-2 back in 2018. Should I be satisfied that we haven't been able to beat them since because of that?
I am not saying you did. But I certainly celebrated. And I am certainly satisfied at the level of trophies we have won compared to our neighbours. Throughout our history and even in recent years when we've underwhelmed.

I see it this way: I hate the owners and hold them responsible for our decline. I an not convinced Arteta is the best manager even under our reduced circumstances (I gave him a 5). But that will not stop me from cheering my team on 100% every single game (heck I even cheered Willian on Thursday) and wanting to win every game and being delighted when we win a trophy, even if its the Emirates Cup and we play our own reserves.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arteta’s been unlucky in places, but I feel he’s that bad that giving him money just won’t help the club.

You’ll just have a lot of chaff that the manager after him may/may not want.

Of all the managers we’ve had he’s the last one you give money, I just don’t get that rationale especially when he’s on course to finish this low in the table.

He has to show a lot more with what he’s given for me, a lot of what we’ve seen squad management wise on and off the pitch really hasn’t been good.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Are we getting to the stage where some fans are judging Arteta for losing more often that not to Man City? Incredible. Every manager in the league bar possibly Klopp is a failure if that's the bar we're setting.

There are plenty of reasonable reasons to be sceptical of Arteta or an outright Arteta outer, games against Man City aren't one of them though.

GoonerJay24

The reason why City are a goal threat from virtually any position is because they have top class players in virtually every position imaginable. They're not really comparable to us. They're light years ahead of us.

Put Auba aside and where's the goal threat really coming from in our squad?

Laca and Saka will contribute but neither are 20 goal a season players. Maybe Saka will become one in the future though if he keeps developing at this rate.

Pepe is inconsistent at best in terms of goalscoring in the league.

Centre of the park isn't going to be chipping in with too many.

Martinelli is a kid coming back from a serious injury. Eddie definitely isn't going to be contributing too much on that front either at the moment.

The less said about Willian the better.

Ødegaard and ESR will chip in, but no more than that, this season at least.

If you want to play like Man City you need to spend money like Man City at the end of the day.

We have spent money but not wisely. Yes City are the richest club but they're also rich in their planning and tactical knowledge compared to their rivals, including Arsenal.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The reason why City are a goal threat from virtually any position is because they have top class players in virtually every position imaginable. They're not really comparable to us. They're light years ahead of us.

Put Auba aside and where's the goal threat really coming from in our squad?

Laca and Saka will contribute but neither are 20 goal a season players. Maybe Saka will become one in the future though if he keeps developing at this rate.

Pepe is inconsistent at best in terms of goalscoring in the league.

Centre of the park isn't going to be chipping in with too many.

Martinelli is a kid coming back from a serious injury. Eddie definitely isn't going to be contributing too much on that front either at the moment.

The less said about Willian the better.

Ødegaard and ESR will chip in, but no more than that, this season at least.

If you want to play like Man City you need to spend money like Man City at the end of the day.
Unfair to say Pepe is inconsistent when he doesn't get a sustained run out in the team. He was starting to show a glimpse of his talent until Arteta yanked him out of the starting lineup for no reason at all. And he's clearly more than dangerous on the left than the right cause on the right he's playing with a donkey like Bellerin. You add a Tierney calibre fullback on the right you can get more out of him. Or keep him on the left. But more importantly he needs to know he'll be given a fair crack at nailing down a spot with good performances. So far he hasn't had that despite doing his part.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
No point in playing Ødegaard and Smith Rowe together and shafting the latter on the wings when anybody can tell that's not really his position. Not only are you putting a square peg in a round hole but also taking out a potential goal scorer. Pepe got 9 goals last season. He was already up to 7 before he was benched. Could easily get 12-15 goals from someone like him. Martinelli hasn't even had a sniff apart from the odd sub appearances. These two combined contributed 19 goals last season. How are you expecting to replace those goals by playing Willian or Smith Rowe out wide?

Latest posts

Top Bottom