• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

say yes

forum master baiter
That would take some doing :lol:

For what it’s worth though and despite where we sit, I do believe he has a very clear vision and backs himself, even if the club might not. The players are all on board as well so it looks a tight ship.
As an aside, one of the most interesting (and positive) things about this season is how united the squad have been behind Arteta.

Normally, a club with results like ours would be facing non-stop stories about internal strife and how the manager had ‘lost the players’. We’ve had none of that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
As an aside, one of the most interesting (and positive) things about this season is how united the squad have been behind Arteta.

Normally, a club with results like ours would be facing non-stop stories about internal strife and how the manager had ‘lost the players’. We’ve had none of that.

'Tets is the type of person you would follow into the gates of hell, so not surprised the squad is fully behind his management!

Also...all the players know that if they don't back him 100%, Hertha Berlin is just one phone call away ;)

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

As much as I have sh*t all over Arteta this season I can't deny he does seem to have a way with the players.

I think we as fans are more pissed off at certain players missing matches than the actual players themselves. They probably feel more involved than we think even if the optics aren't great.

Even when the German contingent reportedly tried to rock the boat a bit, I think the club learned from Emery and stood by the manager. Can't prove it just theorising from the articles I've read btw.

I said after Wolves where we lost, if this is truly Arsenal going forward I am happy to go back on my stance. Will review everything this summer rather than slagging him off going forward.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I have to say though, last 16 in Europa and Leicester drubbing - that's a good week tbh. Well done Mikel.

Yeah it's a good week results wise, he just has to back it up with good wins vs Burnley and Olympiacos, then we'll see where we're at with Tottenham.

I don't want this false hope again that it's finally clicked, but it'll take a few more games, just looking at the fixture list, should we really be losing more than 1 game? Only Chelsea away that worries me tbh.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don't want this false hope again that it's finally clicked, but it'll take a few more games, just looking at the fixture list, should we really be losing more than 1 game? Only Chelsea away that worries me tbh.
Exactly. I was actually very upbeat after this summer but I was crushed by December.

I ideally wanted a new manager but it's not happening so I'm just going to see where this goes. For me he has to win Burnley, the rest I am personally flexible.

Kav

Established Member
I don’t think he has the backing of all the players. The players are professional enough to know not to rock the boat at this time. This is a Covid environment and they know they are in a coveted position in terms of stability and financial resources with Arsenal. It’s literally a good place to be because unlike most other clubs Arsenal has a lot more cash reserves to honour agreements.

Believe me when I say the players are aware of this and are doing their part but should he leave or get fired it won’t matter to them as much.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Exactly. I was actually very upbeat after this summer but I was crushed by December.

I ideally wanted a new manager but it's not happening so I'm just going to see where this goes. For me he has to win Burnley, the rest I am personally flexible.

Nah he's got making up to do for me though, he's got less than half a season to show me why I should want him next year. Genuinely this run of fixtures is pretty tame in the circumstances.

I am happy for him to rotate, but if he rotates he needs the results following. Resting vs Leicester and getting a result was great.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I don’t think he has the backing of all the players. The players are professional enough to know not to rock the boat at this time. This is a Covid environment and they know they are in a coveted position in terms of stability and financial resources with Arsenal. It’s literally a good place to be because unlike most other clubs Arsenal has a lot more cash reserves to honour agreements.

Believe me when I say the players are aware of this and are doing their part but should he leave or get fired it won’t matter to them as much.

He deffo does still have their backing, it's very clear. Had we gone out last week tho and the season was over it would be so difficult to claw them back.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
just this season the guy loaned out maybe 70-80m of young talent & paid to cancel the contracts of various senior pros :lol:

sure most managers would have the group under control with that freedom but time will tell if sustainable

its like one of the mad dictators on Survivor

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Nah he's got making up to do for me though, he's got less than half a season to show me why I should want him next year. Genuinely this run of fixtures is pretty tame in the circumstances.

I am happy for him to rotate, but if he rotates he needs the results following. Resting vs Leicester and getting a result was great.

If we don’t win the EL considering who’s left and we finished in 6th or 7th that’d be a disappointing season for me judging how I felt in the summer but you could argue if he gets us European football for next year he should have one more spin of the dice.

It’s sink or swim next year though imo. Another start like this and he’s got to go.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

If we don’t win the EL considering who’s left and we finished in 6th or 7th that’d be a disappointing season for me judging how I felt in the summer but you could argue if he gets us European football for next year he should have one more spin of the dice.

It’s sink or swim next year though imo. Another start like this and he’s got to go.

I said it before that winning the FA cup was way way harder than winning this Europa, there’s far more at stake this time around tho.

As you say tho, finish around 7th with no European football imo he should be sacked but he won’t be, couldn’t get my excited for the following season if that’s the case.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I said it before that winning the FA cup was way way harder than winning this Europa, there’s far more at stake this time around tho.

As you say tho, finish around 7th with no European football imo he should be sacked but he won’t be, couldn’t get my excited for the following season if that’s the case.

Yeah think we need some form of European football next year which is why I’m ok with 7th.

People love using the Chelsea example where they finished outside the EL places then won the league but they’d won the title the year before then bought Kante and Alonso that summer.

For us if we have no European football the budget just gets smaller.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There alot of Arsenal fans on Twitter calling us lucky to win against Benfica and Leicester. :lol: what a fanbase seriously just play thier favorite and they'll support manager if not they'll call him bum

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
If Mikky is smart (which I do think he is) he will stay with us and do what he claims he wants to do for us. Question for me is if he is capable of getting us back to top 4 and us becoming a force again. With Mikky it feels like it is one step forward and two back because we do so well sometimes and our tales go up only for us to feel like garbage a couple games later so I am not getting my hopes up just yet.

Side note: Barca are a shambles, they need an experienced manager to come in - Allegri fits that bill imo.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People should get in rebuild you don't sack manager every year at least get stability for 2-3 years build new squad and after that make change if manager not met minimum expectations. Minimum expectations this season should be top 6 and run in europa at least to semi finals seeing the teams left in europa we can easily go to semi finals

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
There alot of Arsenal fans on Twitter calling us lucky to win against Benfica and Leicester. :lol: what a fanbase seriously just play thier favorite and they'll support manager if not they'll call him bum

Too many brain dead idiot online who support this club. No wonder we are called a banter club.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom