• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Can tell @say yes is really trying hard for Trusted status since he returned to the forum. Posting like an absolute loser being all mr serious.

Be the man you are, not the man you wish you were.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
lol I dunno it depends cause I remember Arteta getting a bit of flack for that 5-2-3 formation earlier in the season (which won us FA Cup).

Like Mourinho and Arteta found out this season playing like crap and getting results is great until you don't. Arsenal fans are a bit different as they are more forgiving if you play kids and try to attack and lose, instead of playing defensive with senior players and losing anyways.

It's a caveat worth mentioning in my opinion.

Playing what is considered "good football" and getting relegated will only please the neutrals, mate. If pretty football is all the fans wanted, Wenger would still be here ffs. Pretty football, or shiiite football, points on the board is what we want.

In any case, It's not a "pressure point" on Arteta. That you can not sell me.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

How can I post fake goal shouts? Need to practice.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Playing what is considered "good football" and getting relegated will only please the neutrals, mate. If pretty football is all the fans wanted, Wenger would still be here ffs. Pretty football, or shiiite football, points on the board is what we want.

In any case, It's not a "pressure point" on Arteta. That you can not sell me.
Listen, I have no time for Arteta. I just think style of play can effect tactics and line ups for bigger clubs I think.

Moyes is better than Arteta (by default and experience) but he couldn't come here and play the way he does at West Ham even though he would get better results out of this squad. People wouldn't have it.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
At least I know where I have the commie unlike an Arteta fan who will always move the goalpost for what’s acceptable

It's just absurd when you're comparing supporters of a political ideology that's killed millions of people and people who rate a football manager that you don't :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It's just absurd when you're comparing supporters of a political ideology that's killed millions of people and people who rate a football manager that you don't :lol:
I even thought drawing parallels between my reluctant acceptance to Arteta staying with Stockholm syndrome was pushing it a bit. This has taken a different turn for sure :lol:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I’m joking, but political ideology don’t kill people. People kill people. How many people have died of bombings in the word of spreading democracy? Or how many Yemenis has died of us and uk weapons sold to the Saudis? We going way out of topic now

Anyway I just think despite the great result cos lesta we shouldn’t relax and keep demanding more.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I’m joking, but political ideology don’t kill people. People kill people. How many people have died of bombings in the word of spreading democracy? Or how many Yemenis has died of us and uk weapons sold to the Saudis? We going way out of topic now

Anyway I just think despite the great result cos lesta we shouldn’t relax and keep demanding more.

People kill people. Beliefs and ideologies motivate people to kill people . Whether that's political, religious etc.

Anyway, yeah. Arteta and Arsenal have to keep on improving. There can't be any sitting back and patting each other on the back for the improvements the past couple of months. We're still a long way from where we want and need to be :)

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Listen, I have no time for Arteta. I just think style of play can effect tactics and line ups for bigger clubs I think.

Moyes is better than Arteta (by default and experience) but he couldn't come here and play the way he does at West Ham even though he would get better results out of this squad. People wouldn't have it.

If Moyes comes here and gets us Top 4, he'll be loved. If he comes here, plays the way he does and gets us 10th place, he'll be crucified, unlike Arteta. But that has nothing to do with style of play, and has everything to do with Arteta's image, looks, and the marketing job done on him as the new Pep clone in the making. I mean, just look at the Barca rumour. Everyone is ready to believe that Barca would come in for a novice coach that took the mighty Arsenal to 10th place in PL. Float the same rumour about Moyes, a coach who is actually overachieving with the Hammers, and they would laugh in your face.

It's not about the football in Moyes vs Arteta. It's about image.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

They’re top 4 bro. I have feeling most of our fans would just be very relieved.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If Moyes comes here and gets us Top 4, he'll be loved. If he comes here, plays the way he does and gets us 10th place, he'll be crucified, unlike Arteta. But that has nothing to do with style of play, and has everything to do with Arteta's image, looks, and the marketing job done on him as the new Pep clone in the making. I mean, just look at the Barca rumour. Everyone is ready to believe that Barca would come in for a novice coach that took the mighty Arsenal to 10th place in PL. Float the same rumour about Moyes, a coach who is actually overachieving with the Hammers, and they would laugh in your face.

It's not about the football in Moyes vs Arteta. It's about image.
And to be fair the vast majority of the football played under Arteta has been horrific on the eyes anyway which he would never get the criticism Moyes would get for. I think we played our best football under him pre lockdown last year and we've had some more entertaining displays lately especially against Leicester and let's hope that continues but in between that the football has been so so poor.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The state of this thread...honestly...good people...Calm down...He will be here for this season, the summer..the next season he will need to perform. That means being in the top six, competing for top four and being in contention for the cups.

That is where we are now, and that is where the finances of the club dictates where we should be. For the title we need owners that compete with Man City's owners. That is not on the table at the moment.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ok, I'm confused...is Arteta a communist now?

Iceman10

Established Member
:lol:The state of this thread...honestly...good people...Calm down...He will be here for this season, the summer..the next season he will need to perform. That means being in the top six, competing for top four and being in contention for the cups.

That is where we are now, and that is where the finances of the club dictates where we should be. For the title we need owners that compete with Man City's owners. That is not on the table at the moment.

This is true, anyone who thinks they can somehow get Arteta out on this thread is silly, and I hope no one here is operating with that notion. He is probably safe until Nov at the earliest.

On money and how much we can achieve, no doubt some will point to Moyes and Rodgers. Everton’s spending has not been too different from ours so I would bring in Ancelotti also. These are managers that are overpeeforming based on resources they have. Arteta is underperforming my expectations of re-qualifying for EL so far, and if he doesn’t get EL/CL he likely will have a restricted transfer budget this summer also. No manager can compete with City though without a big budget, they have luxury of two full first teams in their squad, to cover a full league season.

I’m generally cool and open minded on Arteta, albeit with conditions for end of season, but what bugs me the most I have to admit is AMN and other situations where I think he could have extracted more from what he had in the squad. Such observations/criticisms are fine for this thread, without pushing a futile agenda to force him out now, or post one-sided propaganda in support of him which only results in an equal and opposite reaction here. Have to admit though half of my viewing of this thread is now for entertainment with two “sides” going at each other. :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom